We will learn more about Gerrard now..

keithgersbear

3 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

They wont continue to drop the unexpected points. Unfortunately, when I look our team with Tav as captain I cant help feeling we will repeat the lacklustre Dundee performance several times before the season is out.

Why won't they? They're hardly a team of world-beaters. They've managed to beat Killie once in the last five attempts iirc. It looks like they've lost Christie for a while, Griffiths is out indefinitely leaving them with one striker. They'll drop more points this season.

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

Especially as they have lost Christie for a period of time and their other striker

Exactly. Gordon is struggling for form, their defence is shite, Brown's on the way out and much more. If it was as simple as they won't drop points then we'd have been as well just sacking it off and locking the doors permanently.

I have still not given up taking the title this season, but he needs to give up on those consistently letting him down namely Coulibaly, Worrall, Ejaria and Flanagan. They are simply not good enough.

Get a settled CD pairing and get any cunt in that midfield bar Coulibaly. I fucking cringe when I see that name.

Then there's Tav. Get rid of that armband. He's lost the plot. Maybe better benched for a while and stick with the best 11 ffs. No more tinkering.

Hopefully some quality in January.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I have still not given up taking the title this season, but he needs to give up on those consistently letting him down namely Coulibaly, Worrall, Ejaria and Flanagan. They are simply not good enough.

Get a settled CD pairing and get any cunt in that midfield bar Coulibaly. I fucking cringe when I see that name.

Then there's Tav. Get rid of that armband. He's lost the plot. Maybe better benched for a while and stick with the best 11 ffs. No more tinkering.

Wait, so he's to bench the right-back but can't play the second-choice right-back?

In what way has Tavernier 'lost the plot'?

21 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Because we can't beat Dundee who had 10 men! I think now is when we will see just what Gerrard has and can he put wins together consistently. All we have is league games now and the Scottish cup. 

I just don't get your point, "we will see just what Gerrard has".

Firstly, the terminology is SG / Steve G / The Manager etc. It is not Gerrard, have some respect.

22 games left in the league and you have given up because of one result. Going by your logic, we beat Hearts away so does that mean we're going to stroll the league.

I will guarantee that you, like a lot of us sensible folk, never saw that we would get as far as we did in EL.

We got there because WE saw what SG has.

Just now, keithgersbear said:

Why are some people saying I am somehow wrong about saying the league is out of reach? What planet are some of these people living on?. You and I know we will not win the league title. Positive is one thing but being deluded is another. 

Because we are currently two points behind the leaders with 22 games to play. We win and they lose on Sunday and we overtake them.

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

I just don't get your point, "we will see just what Gerrard has".

Firstly, the terminology is SG / Steve G / The Manager etc. It is not Gerrard, have some respect.

22 games left in the league and you have given up because of one result. Going by your logic, we beat Hearts away so does that mean we're going to stroll the league.

I will guarantee that you, like a lot of us sensible folk, never saw that we would get as far as we did in EL.

We got there because WE saw what SG has.

We lost at home to Aberdeen. We drew away to a Dundee side which had 10 men for well over an hour. It's not about giving up but I see no evidence that we are capable of winning a league title because we are simply not consistent enough or have the players good enough to do it over the course of a season. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Tav ain't lost the plot,what a bizzare comment 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Because we are currently two points behind the leaders with 22 games to play. We win and they lose on Sunday and we overtake them.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Exactly. Gordon is struggling for form, their defence is shite, Brown's on the way out and much more. If it was as simple as they won't drop points then we'd have been as well just sacking it off and locking the doors permanently.

So why didn't we beat a shit Aberdeen at home and beat Dundee who had 10 men? What evidence will we all of a sudden now turn into a title challenging side?

We lost at home to Aberdeen. We drew away to a Dundee side which had 10 men for well over an hour. It's not about giving up but I see no evidence that we are capable of winning a league title because we are simply not consistent enough or have the players good enough to do it over the course of a season. 

We lost to Dundee United at home and drew with them a further twice in 2004/05. Add that to draws with Inverness (twice), Hearts and Aberdeen.

Guess who won the league that season?

So why didn't we beat a shit Aberdeen at home and beat Dundee who had 10 men? What evidence will we all of a sudden now turn into a title challenging side?

We've went one single season out of 120 without dropping a single point. Somehow despite that we still managed to win the title in 53 of the seasons we dropped points. It happens. I could pick literally any season we've won the title and pick out games we shouldn't have lost. That's football.

The evidence is probably the fact that we're a massive two points (less than you get for winning a single game) off the leaders.

15 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Here's another one. 1992/93 (widely considered to be the best Rangers team of the last 30 years) lost to Aberdeen, Partick and Dundee as well as drawing with Hibs, Hearts, Airdrie (twice) Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone.

Fuck knows how they managed to win the title and get within 90 minutes of the European Cup final. Should've probably just given up

EDIT: And this doesn't even include OF results or cup games.

6 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

I'm not a social worker, so I'm away to bang my head against the nearest wall.

23 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We seem to see the same players starting who are now having very poor games some of them did start off really well but are struggling now.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We lost to Dundee United at home and drew with them a further twice in 2004/05. Add that to draws with Inverness (twice), Hearts and Aberdeen.

Guess who won the league that season?

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We've went one single season out of 120 without dropping a single point. Somehow despite that we still managed to win the title in 53 of the seasons we dropped points. It happens. I could pick literally any season we've won the title and pick out games we shouldn't have lost. That's football.

The evidence is probably the fact that we're a massive two points (less than you get for winning a single game) off the leaders.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Here's another one. 1992/93 (widely considered to be the best Rangers team of the last 30 years) lost to Aberdeen, Partick and Dundee as well as drawing with Hibs, Hearts, Airdrie (twice) Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone.

Fuck knows how they managed to win the title and get within 90 minutes of the European Cup final. Should've probably just given up

EDIT: And this doesn't even include OF results or cup games.

You're very welcome to join me in banging your head against the wall mate.