We will learn more about Gerrard now..

keithgersbear

17 minutes ago, Old Geezer said:

Steady as we go Boys...... HE is the right man for the job.The Board have and will back him.... He is in it for the long run not just half a season

He will make mistakes (and has) but we need to give him our support. 

We can win the league this season given a  fair wind.Not playing Thursday night games will help us 

Does he the money that Souness was given to spend ? NO

I would love another Terry Butcher , Richard Gough ,  Michael Laudrup and Paul Gascoinge etc But it ain,t going to happen

We are Rangers Fans we give our Managers Respect       😀😀

Aye Michael was superb for us 👍

39 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I find it amazing that so many of our fans seem to think the tarriers won’t drop many more points. 

Their unbeaten season was two years ago. They won the league last year with one of the lowest points totals since 2000. 

We’re two points behind, 3 OF games to play and 66 points still to play for. 

Mental to suggest we’re in the running for 2nd. 

The media do some job on people’s heads up here they really do

The media excuse now!.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think a lot of posters are probably young and therefore may never have seen us win anything ( 7 yrs ) and this is where the negativity starts. I've seen it all good and bad and that is why I ' keep believing '.

Thought big Marv was a bit of a madman at the time but ended up deeply in love with the guy and his unbreakable belief.

2 hours ago, bornabear said:

I just don't get your point, "we will see just what Gerrard has".

Firstly, the terminology is SG / Steve G / The Manager etc. It is not Gerrard, have some respect.

22 games left in the league and you have given up because of one result. Going by your logic, we beat Hearts away so does that mean we're going to stroll the league.

I will guarantee that you, like a lot of us sensible folk, never saw that we would get as far as we did in EL.

We got there because WE saw what SG has.

:lol: Shut up mate.

1 hour ago, keithgersbear said:

I have no time for delusion mate, sorry. The posts you have made are just delusion. Plain and simple. Not having a go at you but it's just not based in reality.

Which bit is delusionial? The posts I've made are largely pointing out actual results from seasons that have actually happened,

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think a lot of posters are probably young and therefore may never have seen us win anything ( 7 yrs ) and this is where the negativity starts. I've seen it all good and bad and that is why I ' keep believing '.

Most posters who've been here as long as I have or longer will remember Walters last 2 seasons. Half this forum wanted him punted by January both seasons and wouldn't you know it for all the same reasons, no plan B, tactically "schooled" by park the bus managers and always picking the wrong team/his favourites.

Funnily enough some of the same people who wrote Kent off then crowned him Laudrup MkII and wanted Morelos (who they also wrote off), Tav or both sold to fund the transfer of Coulibaly after 3 games........who they've all decided is now shite.

Sadly the Rangers manager doesn't have the luxury of making decisions on a fucken whim and therefore is a dud and a legend and then a dud again, so on and so fourth.

7 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

What about nexg season if we qualify for the group stages do we start the season in December and dismiss anything prior to that?

If we finish second, there is no guarantee we will make the group stages. 12 games through the like of Macedonia, Croatia, Slovakia & Russia was no mean feat. Even a stronger squad may not succeed at that. That is why coefficiency is important.

The negativity on here at times is soul destroying. Consider where we have been over the last six years, then have a reality check on what has been achieved so far this season.

We are sitting two points behind the scum and its nearly Christmas. We have just had the best run in Europe since 2008. Yet we have some on here conceding the league title to celtic, moaning about Gerrard's tactics and ability.

WTF did you expect, to be ten points clear in the league, won the league cup and be a favourite to win the Europa cup.

It's eary days yet in Stevie G's rein and the improvement in the team is there to see. Let's wait and see what happens in the January window and the rest of the season before we start building the scaffold.

Gerrard is showing his inexperience in a lot of games and maybe showing more traits of Benitez as manager in constant rotation of players and silly dropped points against teams we’d normally beat.  

Hes no doubt misplaced trust in chancers and probably wants to give them benefit of doubt.  He was quite a ruthless player so I’d expect him to be ruthless in the dug out. Also I believe that the old days of tearing strips off of players no longer works these days with what are most weak minded mummy’s boys.   Size of the club means we should be winning the league but look at the outlay compared to the beggars. They outspend us like 6-1 and are only 2 points infront. We outspend killie by probably the same and only ahead on goal difference.

the likely scenario is celtic will pull away from us and we’ll pull away from Kilmarnock who btw we’ve already thrashed at rugby park.  It won’t matter who the manager is as we won’t win this league without either celtic throwing it away and our inconsistent squad becoming consistent or expenditure that can match the taigs.     Even then they have guys that have known nothing but winning for 7 years while we have guys used to taking tankings from them and loan players.

A winning team takes time to build 

23 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

we won’t win this league without either celtic throwing it away and our inconsistent squad becoming consistent or expenditure that can match the taigs.     

Good post and agree with you. I think the bottom line is what I've underlined. Our dominance in the 90s came to an end when the taigs started getting their shit together financially.

We could potentially win a league (or come close) here and there in the coming years spending less but to go into every season at least 50/50 we'd ultimately need to have a similar budget.

One thing is an unavoidable fact, celtic are not that good. Hibs are quite capable of taking points from them, Killie are well capable of taking points from them, even Livi can do us a turn, and the so called favourites are not going to win every game they play. However it is critically important that Rangers players start to believe in themselves and show us they want it by defeating celtic sooner than later.

On 14/12/2018 at 18:16, StaunchLondonGer said:

They wont continue to drop the unexpected points. Unfortunately, when I look at our team with Tav as captain I cant help feeling we will repeat the lacklustre Dundee performance several times before the season is out. Hope I'm wrong but.

Tell me more how they won't drop points.

On 14/12/2018 at 19:41, keithgersbear said:

I have no time for delusion mate, sorry. The posts you have made are just delusion. Plain and simple. Not having a go at you but it's just not based in reality.

That delusional that we might end today a point ahead of them.