***Official Hibernian v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

We showed we could battle at tynecastle so hopefully we should be ok against the spoon burners. Put it this way we will have to be right up for this to a man because that we tarrier bastard lennon will have them fired up for this.

To be fair when Rangers come to town every team is fired up. The spoon burners are no different 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I honestly think this will be the night we make a statement that the shackles are about to come off this team and they believe they can go all the way. 

You can talk about Hibs league position but even if they were last, they’re rabid cunt of a manager, fans and a couple of their players would be going for it right from the first whistle. 

Coming away from Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Easter Rd with 2 wins and a draw having played over 100 minutes with 10 men is a huge statement of intent. 

Manager has to be brave enough to take the shackles off.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Simply have to win tonight to prove we have the bottle for a title charge. Cement our place at the top.

Players have to stand up and show some metal. Don't fucking blow it

All of the above 💪 massive two weeks

I think they may have a little over confidence following the result at the weekend and the fact that we have just 4 goals in 6 matches. However, I think this sort of game can really suit us and we know Hibs have lacked creativity as well as finishing (much like ourselves) over the past few weeks.

I think it's going to be a tight game, I'm going for a bit of a high scoring affair - 3-2 to us. 'mon the Gers!

30 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Simply have to win tonight to prove we have the bottle for a title charge. Cement our place at the top.

Players have to stand up and show some metal. Don't fucking blow it

Mettle

I’ve a horrible feeling that we blow it tonight. Think continuously getting your hopes up, only for us to absolutely bottle it has taken its toll over the last few years. 

Its an absolute must win tonight if we want to win this league. We can’t go into the OF behind the filth. 

Don't care if it's a shiter of a game with our backs to the wall and we scrape it with a 93rd minute OG. 3 points is all that matters tonight. 

Got the potential to put some real pressure on them if we go into that OF with max points from our next 3.

Could also completely fuck it and let them run away with it. Hopefully the former.

I must admit that I'm not too confident tonight. Hibs haven't been great this season but they always turn up against us and they got a great result on Sunday.

Despite winning on Sunday we aren't out of the woods yet in terms of this bad run and our away form (even though it is equal to celtic) isn't great.

On here this will be thrown out as defeatist but I think a draw wouldn't be the worst result. Obviously it would look better if we go and beat St. Johnstone then Hibs on boxing day.

2-2 draw

33 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’ve a horrible feeling that we blow it tonight. Think continuously getting your hopes up, only for us to absolutely bottle it has taken its toll over the last few years. 

Its an absolute must win tonight if we want to win this league. We can’t go into the OF behind the filth. 

Unfortunately feel the same, just can't see where the performance needed to win this will come from based on the last week or so's performances.

Really hope I'm wrong!

Archived