Grezda and Barisic

stewaj3

Thought they were showed some promising signs today. Clearly have an understanding from playing in the same team before they joined us and may make a difference for us down that left hand side in the 2nd half of the season.

Love that grezda works hard defensively too. Neither is the finished article...but I think it's the best link up we've seen down that side for a while.

8 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Thought they were showed some promising signs today. Clearly have an understanding from playing in the same team before they joined us and may make a difference for us down that left hand side in the 2nd half of the season.

Love that grezda works hard defensively too. Neither is the finished article...but I think it's the best link up we've seen down that side for a while.

Barisic convinced Rangers to go for Grezda - claiming he was by far their best player at Osijek. 

Perhaps a few teething issues, but hopefully our lefthand side is sound with those two. 

I think you can see with grezda there are signs of quality but not clicking at the moment. He does make a pass and then make a run sometimes and doesn't get picked out so think he just needs some more time to gel. Barasic is/going to be a top left back.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I think he's been excellent recently. Some.dont like him but I think he's a really good and tidy player 

He and arfield are the only 2 cm that we have who I trust to play well when they start.

They may have the odd bad game, but generally when the 2 of them play we look decent in cm.

Just now, MrMckee said:

I think you can see with grezda there are signs of quality but not clicking at the moment. He does make a pass and then make a run sometimes and doesn't get picked out so think he just needs some more time to gel. Barasic is/going to be a top left back.

This is exactly what I think. Grezda coming back from a long injury, is still settling and finding his place in the team.

We've already seen he can beat a man. His dribbling was much better today than it has been. Think his final ball/pass/shot have at times been wayward, but I'm getting more confident in him.

The understanding was there today and it brought the best out of Barisic.

11 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

This is exactly what I think. Grezda coming back from a long injury, is still settling and finding his place in the team.

We've already seen he can beat a man. His dribbling was much better today than it has been. Think his final ball/pass/shot have at times been wayward, but I'm getting more confident in him.

The understanding was there today and it brought the best out of Barisic.

Agree mate. Hopefully barasic and grezda can have a similar partnership to candieas and tav on the right.

14 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

There’s been some shite written on here slating Barisic over the past couple of months. He’s clearly a very good signing at this level, a market we need to scour more with plenty of potential to sell on for a bigger fees. 

Too sensible mate.