Grezda and Barisic

stewaj3

I really like Barisic and Grezda I'm too sure about quite yet but he needs more starts. I actually think he and Barisic complement each other well on the left. Grezda can come inside and use his technical ability coming in and it lets Barisic go on the overlap which is what he wants to do.

I think with Grezda's cutting inside it could give us a creative body coming into (rather than starting in) the center of the pitch we are sorely missing.

When Middleton came on he and Barisic got in each others way because they both wanted to go into the same space.

4 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I really like Barisic and Grezda I'm too sure about quite yet but he needs more starts. I actually think he and Barisic complement each other well on the left. Grezda can come inside and use his technical ability coming in and it lets Barisic go on the overlap which is what he wants to do.

I think with Grezda's cutting inside it could give us a creative body coming into (rather than starting in) the center of the pitch we are sorely missing.

When Middleton came on he and Barisic got in each others way because they both wanted to go into the same space.

Noticed that with Barasic and Middleton the other night. Suits Barasic playing with a right footer who will cut in and leave the outside space for him. 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Noticed that with Barasic and Middleton the other night. Suits Barasic playing with a right footer who will cut in and leave the outside space for him. 

Aye just for the overall balance of the team it makes sense. Also adds that extra body into the centre of the park.

I noticed it doesn't happen with Tav and Candeias but I think both of them are more willing to cut inside of go on the underlap.

Grezda has a good touch, control, a bit of skill, can shoot and has pace but he just lacks that something to kick on. It may be confidence or just needing the right game where there is space for him. Somethings lacking but I'm not sure what is it. I'm not writing him off yet. 

Barisic looks quality at times. Hope he can kick on. 

11 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Aye just for the overall balance of the team it makes sense. Also adds that extra body into the centre of the park.

I noticed it doesn't happen with Tav and Candeias but I think both of them are more willing to cut inside of go on the underlap.

Yeah both of them able to come inside and link with midfielders/forwards. Candeias not really the type of winger who roasts full back down the line, as much as he's a hard worker, I'm not sure how quick he really is, so that space is usually free for Tavernier. 

Just now, GaryMc said:

Grezda has a good touch, control, a bit of skill, can shoot and has pace but he just lacks that something to kick on. It may be confidence or just needing the right game where the is space for him. Somethings lacking but I'm not sure what is it. I'm not writing him off yet. 

Barisic looks quality at times. Hope he can kick on. 

Agree with this. He's got something for sure, hopefully it's just a matter of more minutes and confidence.

I feel Barisic and Grezda both need a proper pre-season under their belt. Barisic was only just back from injury when we signed him and Grezda has been out for ages. They both look decent to me, especially barisic so far, and with more games, fitness and understanding with new team mates I think we can have a pretty decent left flank. 

We definitely look like we have more balance with that partnership on the left but I want to see a whole lot more from Grezda he floats in and out of games I really want him to get on the ball and make things happen he definitely looks like he has something about him 

Genuinely though if we had someone who could ping 50-60 yard passes in behind we would be a completely different team. Grezda and Barisic both made some great runs but we just dont have the quality of player in the middle of the park to play that type of pass 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We definitely look like we have more balance with that partnership on the left but I want to see a whole lot more from Grezda he floats in and out of games I really want him to get on the ball and make things happen he definitely looks like he has something about him 

Genuinely though if we had someone who could ping 50-60 yard passes in behind we would be a completely different team. Grezda and Barisic both made some great runs but we just dont have the quality of player in the middle of the park to play that type of pass 

Yeah, we often have players in acres of space, or making really good runs in behind, but no one with the quality to pick them out.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Yeah, we often have players in acres of space, or making really good runs in behind, but no one with the quality to pick them out.

It's so frustrating mate. Saw highlights of the filth v Hibs today and despite Mallan looking shite every time I saw him previously, he was pinging quality 50-60 yard passes in behind them exploiting their shite defence. Annoys me so much that we dont have a guy who can do similar 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

It's so frustrating mate. Saw highlights of the filth v Hibs today and despite Mallan looking shite every time I saw him previously, he was pinging quality 50-60 yard passes in behind them exploiting their shite defence. Annoys me so much that we dont have a guy who can do similar 

Hibs had a cracking young defender.  Something beginin with P I think.

He seemed to be very mature and strong for his age.