Grezda and Barisic

stewaj3

26 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think we might be pleasantly surprised with Grezda when he gets going.

He looks quite busy and does make some dangerous runs. His general passing seems quite good and he made some nice long cutbacks today.

However, I have a concern that he is too slight for our game - He has been bullied off the ball several times in his small number of appearances. He also doesn’t seem the type of player to take on a man, so isn’t really a winger.

I hope I have it wrong, and he kicks into gear soon.

I like Grezda, he works hard and it will click with him.

He’s comfortable and composed on the ball which helped with how well we kept the ball today, that bit of composure is something Middleton just doesn’t give you yet which was a real problem for us against Vienna

Barisic has settled well and already starting to show he's going to be an important player for us.  His crossing was really good and he seems to have good energy to get up and down the pitch.  Grezda still looks a bit rusty and not sure of himself yet but he still looked threatening without ever getting his final product perfect.  I reckon with more games and time to get used to his teammates and the system, he will become an important player for us too.  Grezda and Barisic on the left could become an upgraded version of the Tav and Candeias partnership we have on the right.

14 hours ago, PSL said:

Grezda got rtv motm amazingly. Thought he was very poor

When Vignal was asked who his MOTM was, I thought he said "eh Ross" as in McCrorie. Then Tom Miller replied with "Eros" and I was confused.

I think Barasic will be a great signing, his delivery is outstanding, and if we had more players who gambled and made forward runs we would start to benefit from him.

Grezda worries me a bit, but early days.  I don't like the fact he checks in all the time when he plays on the left. It just gives the opposition more time to get behind the ball.  He had a great chance yesterday to really go for it and get through on the goalkeeper and he checked inside once again and the moment was lost. I don't whether he is playing it safe until he finds his feet but he needs to show more confidence and take folk on and get behind people. I also think he looks more comfortable on the right which is frustrating as I'd hoped he could have set up a partnership with Barasic.

Early days with him but looking for a lot more, can understand why Gerrard has went with Middleton in recent games.  

57 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

A lot more to come from Barasic/Grezda, individually and together I think! Shame Tav/Candeias seem to have lost their spark, didn't link up once properly yesterday...

I think it's more Tav than Candeias right now. Going through a poor run of form, making poor decisions and a lot of things he's trying aren't coming off for him.

While I think Barisic has done fine , I think Grezda is struggling so far . I kmow I sound like a broken record , but we have to give players time . When you look at how long it took guys like McCoist and Hateley to settle its only natural that some players not used to the Scottish game , take a while to settle . Hopefully Grezda will come good in time . 

22 minutes ago, JograBear said:

Barisic looks good. I think him and Kent will do well down that side.

Grezda looks poor.

Kent got his injury at a good time as people seem to forget he was struggling a bit as well. He's not our player either.

5 hours ago, gmcf said:

While I think Barisic has done fine , I think Grezda is struggling so far . I kmow I sound like a broken record , but we have to give players time . When you look at how long it took guys like McCoist and Hateley to settle its only natural that some players not used to the Scottish game , take a while to settle . Hopefully Grezda will come good in time . 

👍

I think he will come right with more games played mate .... even Barisic has not had enough game time  ... both need time to get up to the speed needed to compete successfully and gel with the rest of the team .... I rate them both and hope they produce the goods.

:UK: 

28 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

I think he will come right with more games played mate .... even Barisic has not had enough game time  ... both need time to get up to the speed needed to compete successfully and gel with the rest of the team .... I rate them both and hope they produce the goods.

Yeah mate , for one reason or another they've both missed large parts of the season which hasn't helped either . 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Yeah mate , for one reason or another they've both missed large parts of the season which hasn't helped either . 

👍

Both with injuries of varying degrees of recovery time doesn't help either their's or our situation mate .... and as said above by someone ... both probably need a good pre season to kick off in earnest ... sounds about right.

16 hours ago, GA1972 said:

I like Grezda, he works hard and it will click with him.

He’s comfortable and composed on the ball which helped with how well we kept the ball today, that bit of composure is something Middleton just doesn’t give you yet which was a real problem for us against Vienna

How does Grezda look composed on tbe ball, i think he usually looks like hes never played football before, contantly loses control of the ball...

Think we would have learned over the years about declaring players crap too early, we literally give players no time to settle at all. Think Hateley ,Mcoist and numerous others. I remember a mate of mine who said Laudrup was a dud after about 3 games, not that he would ever admit that now. We are terrible for lacking patience. Grezda had no pre season and only started playing lately after months out, surely he deserves a bit more time before we judge him?

7 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Think we’ll see better from both of them later in season. Deer in headlights syndrome comes to mind as they are still realizing what it takes to play for Rangers and 50K fans every second game more or less. More to come from from them both. 

Barisic is playing like a deer in headlights? Whit?