Ross McCrorie

billythebear1986

Just now, gsa said:

Are you joking? Can't shoot, can't see a pass, is never beating a defender 1 v 1 in a million years, he  takes the safe option and plays it wide, every time. Jack is a poor footballer.

I know you mention it every day...... Ryan Jack rarely loses possession, is always in the right place to receive passes and skinned a defender today only to get tomahawked and no, he doesn't just play it wide. You have it in for him and therefore aren't watching him properly.

5 minutes ago, gsa said:

Are you joking? Can't shoot, can't see a pass, is never beating a defender 1 v 1 in a million years, he  takes the safe option and plays it wide, every time. Jack is a poor footballer.

Why do you expect these things of a defensive midfielder? 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why do you expect these things of a defensive midfielder? 

I don't. The post I replied to stayed he is "more effective in a forward role."

Personally I don't rate him anywhere but if he is to play, it has to be DM. 

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I know you mention it every day...... Ryan Jack rarely loses possession, is always in the right place to receive passes and skinned a defender today only to get tomahawked and no, he doesn't just play it wide. You have it in for him and therefore aren't watching him properly.

Barely loses possession against diddy teams who sit off and even then he only passes sideways or backwards. 

I don't have it in for him, he's seems like a decent guy and his attitude is clearly good. He's just a poor player. 

It amazes me the way people see players in a totally different way when watching them in the same match, McCrorie and Jack have been called great and shite in the same thread here, personally I think McCrorie has a way to go but will be a good player, an upgrade on Coulibaly that's for sure, and I like Ryan Jack as a player and with Arfield he would always be in my team, all about opinions though.

9 minutes ago, gsa said:

Barely loses possession against diddy teams who sit off and even then he only passes sideways or backwards. 

I don't have it in for him, he's seems like a decent guy and his attitude is clearly good. He's just a poor player. 

Gerrard obviously rates him with some of the reviews hes gave since he came in. Think Gerrard Might know a midfielder when he sees one. 

Agree he’s better as CDM but Jack  has done a pretty decent job as box to box in few games he’s been played there. Reminds me off Kevin Thomson when he was with us. Good CDM an not bad at CM.

31 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

Gerrard obviously rates him with some of the reviews hes gave since he came in. Think Gerrard Might know a midfielder when he sees one. 

Agree he’s better as CDM but Jack  has done a pretty decent job as box to box in few games he’s been played there. Reminds me off Kevin Thomson when he was with us. Good CDM an not bad at CM.

Gerrard playing centre midfield doesn't really mean anything with regard to who he brings in, look at Coulibaly. McCoist scored hundreds for us but signed Kyle and Sandaza.

In my opinion Thomson better than Jack, much more physically dominant in the middle of the pitch. Jack gives away cheap fouls to make up for his lack of physicality. That being said Thomson was playing alongside Ferguson, Davis, Hemdani, Mendes, etc so obviously a totally different proposition to the current squad. 

100x better than Coulibaly just by being able to balance on his own 2 feet as well as being able to play a 5 yard pass. He played 2/3 poor ones today but his use of the ball was night and day compared with the absolute shit show we’ve been seeing from Coulibaly and Ejaria recently 

I like the energy and physicality that McCrorie brings to the team.  He's tall as well which helps with the way the game is played in Scotland with the ball in the air half the time.  I think Jack is a lot better on the ball and going forward than people give him credit for but he just needs to start shooting more when he gets the chance.  Although we could say that about the whole team.  There seems to be a general fear of shooting from outside the box in the team right now.

6 hours ago, gsa said:

Apart from yesterday? 

He absolutely roasted their defender which resulted in a free kick and a booking for hauling him back as he was about to burst into the box. 

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

We don’t need to play Jack and McCrorie. It needs to be one or the other. Neither of them offer anything going forward.

This. Both tidy on the ball and both have the heart of a lion but little else tbh. Think some of the comments about young Ross not making it are a bit harsh as well. I think he’s more than good enough to make it here 

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The boy tries hard and is good in a tackle but he is limited in passing ability. I'm one of the few who still thinks he is a centre half. Even Gerrard says he's not.

We should just sack Gerrard and give you the job, then you can play him where you want.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

This. Both tidy on the ball and both have the heart of a lion but little else tbh. Think some of the comments about young Ross not making it are a bit harsh as well. I think he’s more than good enough to make it here 

I don’t know what Ross McCrorie you watch if you think he’s tidy on the ball. His distribution is the reason he’s barely played this season and worst part of his game.

Coulibaly’s form dip has somehow increased McCrories talent with some people (not directed you mate just the thread in general).

14 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I don’t know what Ross McCrorie you watch if you think he’s tidy on the ball. His distribution is the reason he’s barely played this season and worst part of his game.

Coulibaly’s form dip has somehow increased McCrories talent with some people (not directed you mate just the thread in general).

Maybe I’m a bit guilty of being bias towards him, I do have a soft spot for our Ross tbh. 

12 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I genuinely don’t think he will make it at us.

Hope I'm wrong but he doesn’t have the quality for me.

I agree . He is very limited . With the dross we have had last few years . He has looked ok at times .

If we are going to win leagues and cups . We will need much more than this

8 hours ago, GA1972 said:

100x better than Coulibaly just by being able to balance on his own 2 feet as well as being able to play a 5 yard pass. He played 2/3 poor ones today but his use of the ball was night and day compared with the absolute shit show we’ve been seeing from Coulibaly and Ejaria recently 

He isn't 100 times better . That is just not true . They are pretty much both average to fair players

12 hours ago, TMB said:

We lost against Kilmarnock this time last December.  Ross McCrorie started in midfield and was totally bossed by Mulumbu.  Also, the 4-0 semi-final was humilating but we've to overlook that because he was played in defense.  

Ross McCrorie isn't a quality player at this moment in time and if he's the best we have to offer in midfield we're in trouble.  We only play with one CDM and I'd have Jack ahead of him every time and I'm not even a big fan of Jack.  Hopefully we get much better midfielders than these guys in during the January window.  That midfield three is where we've fallen short for years and it's still an issue now.

He's 20.

Was chucked into a team that was gash, managed by a donkey, then had three different managers in his first season with the first team. 

It's easier to play for a team like Kilmarnock with little expectation, especially when our squad is one of the poorest we've had in the top flight.

How is Mulumbu, who has 11 years on McCrorie, getting on at a team where expectations and pressure to perform is high?