Jump to content

Niko Katic Homesickness


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

suddenly some of the performance are explained. We do forget these guys are human sometimes.

You sound as though you're still a boy yourself, either that or you're and adult still staying with your maw. Grow up with these backwards attitudes, thinking that some money and your hole will take a

Cmon to fuck mate.  On the fringes of the Croatian team at 21 a few months ago, his dad gets terminally ill and only at Rangers would people want him to get to fuck. We should be doing all we can

I am sure we will help and support Niko as best as we can.It can be difficult for people to adapt to new experiences and adding the worry for his family can hamper you doing your job to normal standard.Katic will likely turn out to be a good asset to us and you have to protect your assets. It now makes sense that we have taken him out of team for the good of the team,kind of like how you may try playing a player who is recovering from injury but you then realise it was too soon.I think it was the game at Hamilton that we won 4-1 and Katic did not look the same player he had previously.Lassana Coulibally started off like Niko at Rangers and looked higher standard than currently .I guess if things are going well for you in your life it keeps your form better as you stay focused.Having now heard this info I want the players to get through this and if we can have them play how they began season with us we will have two important players who will improve us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

What rod?

If your problems are so great after you decide to leave home then you should quit your job and go back.

Whats the problem with that?

Because they don't have a homesick problem with the money they earn and  how is the transfer fee going to be paid back, that's another bill the fans will have to stump up if nobody wants to buy them for what we paid.

From a business point of view we need to write off the losses and move on and that includes the Mexican duds instead of being held back by lame ducks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danger ranger said:

Because they don't have a homesick problem with the money they earn and  how is the transfer fee going to be paid back, that's another bill the fans will have to stump up if nobody wants to buy them for what we paid.

From a business point of view we need to write off the losses and move on and that includes the Mexican duds instead of being held back by lame ducks.

You hold their licence. Cant play or get paid. 

Where is your fishing comment coming ftom?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Because they don't have a homesick problem with the money they earn and  how is the transfer fee going to be paid back, that's another bill the fans will have to stump up if nobody wants to buy them for what we paid.

From a business point of view we need to write off the losses and move on and that includes the Mexican duds instead of being held back by lame ducks.

Sorry , it was the coop chap who made the fishong comment

danger ranger likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

You hold their licence. Cant play or get paid. 

Where is your fishing comment coming ftom?

This, get rid of all the losers, they are holding us back, Rangers are riddled with excuses, if a company filled its self with people with various illnesses, drug addicts, alcoholics, mental patients it would grind to a halt. If they have the problems stated they wouldn't get started in the first place, unfit for purpose.

No fishing comments, its going to cost the fans to deal with the problems in the end and the Mexican pair have cost us a fortune especially Pena, who is a piss taking waster and we should as a company give them the short shrift, if we are paying for it at least give us the satisfaction of seeing the club move on and ditch the problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some players may play through injury or other adversity by "manning up" and their performance may not suffer too much.If a player can do this thats great but if the try and fail or cannot we support them.I totally get the argument that players are well paid professionals but they are also human.We support players who get recurring injuries like Rossiter who does not choose to be injured.Unless we have a player who has lots of self inflicted off field issues harming their worth to the team we help them out anything else seems very harsh and shortsighted to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

This, get rid of all the losers, they are holding us back, Rangers are riddled with excuses, if a company filled its self with people with various illnesses, drug addicts, alcoholics, mental patients it would grind to a halt. If they have the problems stated they wouldn't get started in the first place, unfit for purpose.

No fishing comments, its going to cost the fans to deal with the problems in the end and the Mexican pair have cost us a fortune especially Pena, who is a piss taking waster and we should as a company give them the short shrift, if we are paying for it at least give us the satisfaction of seeing the club move on and ditch the problems.

We are contractually & morally obliged to give our players the assistance they require. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VentyFour said:

You sound as though you're still a boy yourself, either that or you're and adult still staying with your maw. Grow up with these backwards attitudes, thinking that some money and your hole will take away any mental health problems you have. 

 

He's still only a boy, he's moved to a different country with a different language and culture, to a club with expectations higher than anything he has ever experienced, then finding out his father is terminally ill. Have some compassion and SUPPORT our players rather than acting like a fucking moron with an outdated attitude.

I understand what you're saying it was meant to be a humerous remark btw

OhW and VentyFour like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FSM said:

is homesickness actually a real condition that makes you feel sick?

Sounds like a made up illness tbh, like M.E.

I hope that's just a fishing trip from you mate. Can assure you M.E isn't a made up illness. 

Any way in sure the lad will get the support he needs at this time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

We are contractually & morally obliged to give our players the assistance they require. 

He will loaned out to a Croatian side until we get him off the books just like the Mexican pair and we will never get the money back, how's that for contractually and moral obligation paid up fully by the Rangers fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Getting that news at any age is tough, let alone a 21 year old staying in different country away from all his family and friends.

Hopefully he gets the time off he needs and comes back the player he was at the start of the season.

 

Lost my old man at that age, it takes it's a toll.   Wish him well and hope he gets the support he needs

Bobby Hume and BlueMe like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Quite a few of the comments coming from people who probably haven't read the whole thread ( only the OP) and have not seen the posts about his dad possibly being very ill.

 

Everything is just speculative about Katic's family problems, but if true take unpaid leave or go on a loan deal back to Croatia until the problems are sorted, these problems aren't just confined to football players, some people just have to get on with it because of financial pressures, the uk has 14 million under the poverty line.

The pressure Rangers find themselves in, is we are three players short in Katic, Ejaria and the suggestions that Coulibaly's father died and is causing his problems, Ejaria homesickness has been dealt with and the other two should not have been near the first team squad, good luck to them all with their problems, now lets sort Rangers problems out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Everything is just speculative about Katic's family problems, but if true take unpaid leave or go on a loan deal back to Croatia until the problems are sorted, these problems aren't just confined to football players, some people just have to get on with it because of financial pressures, the uk has 14 million under the poverty line.

The pressure Rangers find themselves in, is we are three players short in Katic, Ejaria and the suggestions that Coulibaly's father died and is causing his problems, Ejaria homesickness has been dealt with and the other two should not have been near the first team squad, good luck to them all with their problems, now lets sort Rangers problems out.

You're the guy that spits venom everytime we concede a throw in aren't you? 

RDFM and plumbGER like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we actually know for certain what his problem is or are people speculating and posting rumour as fact?  Some say he is homesick whilst others say his father is ill possibly terminally.   As he was on the bench for 2 recent games and apparently played yesterday in reserve game then there  is also the possible problem being his own confidence has been adversely affected.

OhW likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Gerrard said in his interview posted he as a young lad had a dip in form and play 60 minutes yesterday for the reserves so the reason he's been out is due to Gerrard not thinking his performances were up to scratch.

👍

Correct mate .... that surely puts the footballing side to bed and the reason why he has not started more games ...... whatever is happening in NK's personal life may or may not be the reason for this .... but I hope on both matters he manages to get through them and come out the other side stronger.

:UK:

Smile and JCDBigBear like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Smile said:

Gerrard said in his interview posted he as a young lad had a dip in form and played 60 minutes yesterday for the reserves so the reason he's been out is due to Gerrard not thinking his performances were up to scratch.

He said he expected the dip in form also to happen

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found

×
×
  • Create New...