Morelos

ForeverAndEver

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That needs to be the game plan though and Morelos needs to let them, as he spends a lot of time ball hunting. He needs to learn that good strikers do NOT go barging their way all over the park. Let others do the hard slog and get kicked to fuck, after they make a slide rule pass to a Morelos in space, without bursting his arse and enough left in the tank for a clinical fnish.  

Massive giant swinging bollox.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If you think Morelos is a top tier striker you are in cloud cuckoo land. He is not a natural and not clinical enough. He doesn't score when it really matters and last night yet again proved that. He gets many chances and if he was a top striker, he would have buried a lot more.

Can fault his application, that is, when he decides to do it. He gets through oppo players with brute strength and and tenacity, not skill in slight of foot.. Tav when on his game, glides past players. He drops a shoulder and leaves them for dead. Mo doesn't have that, but he is a player that adds value. His biggest enemy is frustration, hence why he snatches at the ball so often after bursting his arse for 50 yards and bullying past the oppo. If he can get the composure, stop all the ball hunting and think more about getting nto good positions, letting others to the hard slog as is their job, I think he could score double what he does now. He wouldn't be fucked runnng all over the park and barging his way through defenders and would have so much more left in his tank to be more clinical in his finishing. Good strikers make their own space and it's done off the ball, not on it. He hasn't quite mastered or clicked on to that yet

Another problem being on the ball as much as he is and having the personal duals all over the park, is that he is already a marked man, so gives the oppo the opportunity for him to be that target, so he has all comers booting him up and down the park and the focus on scoring is lost, so as I said let others to the hard graft and the oppo have to turn their attention to them, as they slip the ball through to a Morelos in space, bearing down on goal, bang, pick it out. Watching him smetimes is like watching schoolboys chasing after every ball. He has plenty players around him, so let them do it. It is a team game after all and it's also the team who can make him great or not as well as himself. It needs to be Gerrard plan to do it that way.

He has a great opportunity to be that top tier striker if he can master his frustrations and sensititivities and he would then be the go to striker.

He turned Porteous & Ambrose inside and out all night long.

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If you think Morelos is a top tier striker you are in cloud cuckoo land. He is not a natural and not clinical enough. He doesn't score when it really matters and last night yet again proved that. He gets many chances and if he was a top striker, he would have buried a lot more.

Can fault his application, that is, when he decides to do it. He gets through oppo players with brute strength and and tenacity, not skill in slight of foot.. Tav when on his game, glides past players. He drops a shoulder and leaves them for dead. Mo doesn't have that, but he is a player that adds value. His biggest enemy is frustration, hence why he snatches at the ball so often after bursting his arse for 50 yards and bullying past the oppo. If he can get the composure, stop all the ball hunting and think more about getting nto good positions, letting others to the hard slog as is their job, I think he could score double what he does now. He wouldn't be fucked runnng all over the park and barging his way through defenders and would have so much more left in his tank to be more clinical in his finishing. Good strikers make their own space and it's done off the ball, not on it. He hasn't quite mastered or clicked on to that yet

Another problem being on the ball as much as he is and having the personal duals all over the park, is that he is already a marked man, so gives the oppo the opportunity for him to be that target, so he has all comers booting him up and down the park and the focus on scoring is lost, so as I said let others to the hard graft and the oppo have to turn their attention to them, as they slip the ball through to a Morelos in space, bearing down on goal, bang, pick it out. Watching him smetimes is like watching schoolboys chasing after every ball. He has plenty players around him, so let them do it. It is a team game after all and it's also the team who can make him great or not as well as himself. It needs to be Gerrard plan to do it that way.

He has a great opportunity to be that top tier striker if he can master his frustrations and sensititivities and he would then be the go to striker.

What you know about football you could write on the end of a pube..

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He needs to learn that good strikers do NOT go barging their way all over the park.

That’s exactly what the majority of strikers leading the line alone in a team with a high press do though 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

12 fucking pages discussing whether or not our best forward player by a fucking whopping huge margin is actually shite or not after last night, I've criticised him before but the boy was outstanding last night, fucking outstanding. 

Exactly. He was outstanding last night. Only two people turned it into a ridiculous 12 pages. They know who they are.

33 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That needs to be the game plan though and Morelos needs to let them, as he spends a lot of time ball hunting. He needs to learn that good strikers do NOT go barging their way all over the park. Let others do the hard slog and get kicked to fuck, after they make a slide rule pass to a Morelos in space, without bursting his arse and enough left in the tank for a clinical fnish.  

The only reason we create as many chances as last night is because of the work Morelos does though. 

Games he's out for, the only chances we half create are down the wing, because Lafferty, and Cummings (who we were told would score for fun) when he was here, were so static. 

The work Morelos does drags centre backs all over the place and opens up space through the middle. 

Not going to read all the posts but regarding last night Morelos was outstanding and every time he was involved we looked dangerous. Lets go through his attempts at goal, two good attempts in the first have that brought really good saves from the keeper, five attempts in the second half, two he created from nothing and was unlucky on both occasions, a header that I though at the time he was nudged in the back and was a penalty, the shot that was a stonewall penalty and an arsehole winder that flew over. A good night work and not one attempt you could call a sitter, and still gets criticised - fuck sake 

I sometimes feel that maybe he doesn't trust the other players around him to finish his work off.

When he had Grezda in along side him but decided to take on the shot towards the end.

It's either that or he's just full of confidence that he can do it on his own.

6 hours ago, Smile said:

Delusional is when you do not notice how many chances he misses surely. If you read my posts you will see previously I have said he's improved but he still misses chances. 

What's his goal stats in the Spfl this season compared to last season after 18 games?

Are there any players in the world who don't miss chances?

50 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Morelos is on par to score more goals this season with us than Naismith did in his entire career at Rangers. ( according to wikipedia)

How anyone would have him in the team before Morelos astounds me.

He's a better player with more ability, the quality at the time in the league was much higher you don't score three against Chelsea for Everton if you're an average player Morelos will not reach that level. 

Boyd scored as many goals in his first season between Killie and us than Prso done in his whole career would you say he was a better player than Prso. 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

He's a better player with more ability, the quality at the time in the league was much higher you don't score three against Chelsea for Everton if you're an average player. 

Boyd scored as many goals in his first season between Killie and us than Prso done in his whole career would you say he was a better player than Prso. 

He was a better goalscorer than Prso yes.  Better player, no.  Prso done more than just score goals.  Boyd really didn't.

I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Morelos, and also Morelos is still growin and improving. Naismith is as good as he's ever going to get, and declining.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He was a better goalscorer than Prso yes.  Better player, no.  Prso done more than just score goals.  Boyd really didn't.

I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Morelos, and also Morelos is still growin and improving. Naismith is as good as he's ever going to get, and declining.

We will have to disagree here some I feel are getting carried away on Morelos. hope you are right.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

As I say I do hope your right as we need to start winning things but he may even be sold before we ever see the best of him.

I'm pretty sure that's the plan as we need money for others to come in and he is no Hateley or McCoist but that's we need.

Hopefully get about 10 mil, but can you imagine the fee fee these days for a Hateley or a McCoist?!

2 hours ago, Chryston bear said:

Morelos was brilliant last night,just lacks a bit of composure,then so do half the team a certain times in a match,play with the same attitude on Sunday,I'll be very confident of 3 points!!.

Just lacks composure, that's the be all and end all of a striker and he doesn't have it, he should have scored a hat trick against Hearts. We need a striker who can find the net when in good positions something that Morelos lacks.

He has improved on last season but still lacks composure in front of goal as do the players around him and its killing us.

10 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Just lacks composure, that's the be all and end all of a striker and he doesn't have it, he should have scored a hat trick against Hearts. We need a striker who can find the net when in good positions something that Morelos lacks.

He has improved on last season but still lacks composure in front of goal as do the players around him and its killing us.

He scored 17 goals before December. 

Had a few wrongly chopped off too. 

Had a conversion rate last season, even with a terrible last half off the season and dry spell the first half, of above average for a striker. 

Said it further back in the thread, but the top conversion rate in the EPL just now is 28%. Ronaldos last season was under 15%.

We only notice the ones our striker misses because it matters to us, or don't watch other teams week in week out. 

1 minute ago, Rum Ham said:

He scored 17 goals before December. 

Had a few wrongly chopped off too. 

Had a conversion rate last season, even with a terrible last half off the season and dry spell the first half, of above average for a striker. 

Said it further back in the thread, but the top conversion rate in the EPL just now is 28%. Ronaldos last season was under 15%.

We only notice the ones our striker misses because it matters to us, or don't watch other teams week in week out. 

Your stats don't show vital goals scored, they are the ones that count. The other leagues you mentioned are far superior to ours with better players all round, but still £20/40 million rated players shoot straight at the keeper( I do watch other leagues ).

Morelos has a lot going for him but composure in front of goal isn't one of them and in Rangers system of one striker who plays along the front line is killing us as the rest of the team don't have the goals in them to back Morelos, which is more of a concern and a debate rather than Morelos.