Morelos

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Kind of agree 

I thought he was superb up until he was in front of goal 

It is worrying that he does fire blanks and misses countless chances in our most crucial of games on a consistent basis 

If we had other decent strikers .I think we would all take any money offered for him 

He is all we have and that's fucking brutal with a club our size 

Nailed it there, mate👍

Just now, Smile said:

If we had strikers who can finish we would easily be top of the league.

It's a possibility Smile  .Watching Candeas tonight made me realise how dreadfully short we are 

His golden chance sums him up 

Absolutely zero composure and limited quality 

For me .Along with Tavs .The worst misses of the night 

Morelos is the only player in our squad worth £10m+ in the current market.  He is still just a kid, been capped by a solid national team and the top goal scorer in the country.  He never shirks away or hides either, he's right up for it.

Just now, RDB14 said:

Morelos is the only player in our squad worth £10m+ in the current market.  He is still just a kid, been capped by a solid national team and the top goal scorer in the country.  He never shirks away or hides either, he's right up for it.

Don't think anyone would pay 10m watching him tonight

Top player in the making but still raw

Just now, eejay the dj said:

It's a possibility Smile  .Watching Candeas tonight made me realise how dreadfully short we are 

Yeah. I agree with that, you need have bit more quality in that position than just putting your foot through it and going. And if you are just putting your foot through it, you've got to lash it into the roof of the net.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

That Candeias chance man... After he missed I was literally just thinking I would have just side footed it firmly in the corner... He had so much time to set himself and just smashed it straight at the defenders. 

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

There is a difference between being frustrating by missing chances and breaking up good play, to creating most of the chances yourself by being an absolute beast and getting unlucky. 

35 league goals from 50 appearances and given his all round game how much more can he do?

Look,Morelos has missed sitters in the past and rightfully been criticized but tonight, he took his chances well and the keeper made great saves or he put it narrowly wide. Can't fathom how anybody can be critical of the best player on the park tonight. It just wasn't to be.

Outstanding display and had one of those nights all strikers have. 

Had to laugh at Ally saying I would’ve took a couple of them 😂 aye Ally we all remember the amount of chances we all sat and watched you miss in your younger days. 

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The way I hear SG talking recently he seems to recognise that too much weight is being put on Morelos' shoulders to get the goals.   IMO he is correct.   The problem is - as we see yet again - that others in the team are not able or willing to create or take the extra edge needed to get among the goals.    It points to an urgent need to get a couple of really decent goal scoring / goal creating players in the Jan transfer window.   If King and the Board harbour ambitions to have a real go for the title this season then somehow funds have to be found for this, and the DoF needs to be able to land them.  

Endlessly trying to score goals but not succeeding in scoring enough is not a circumstance that should be allowed to continue.   Having got to this level and this position this season and to be in real contention is a platform where we need to improve from in the 2nd part of the season.   

But mate that's his job he is our lone striker he should be banging in the goals he works hard as fuck but tonight he should have Atleast scored one of them chances he had 

3 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

That Candeias chance man... After he missed I was literally just thinking I would have just side footed it firmly in the corner... He had so much time to set himself and just smashed it straight at the defenders. 

He does the same thing very often . And many times with his crossing . Add in , he can't beat a man

His work rate is second to none . Not nearly enough in big matches . A player that will never make us winners