***The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Good to see SG is still raging at that performance 

It was unacceptable 

Standards are everything at Rangers,we've played really well at times this season but can't seem to string a run of consistent performances together.

Here's hoping though........

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, the old guard said:

Barisic out for a while, so it's either Wallace, Flanagan or Halliday at left back for the next two games 😢 need to take 4 points at least to keep us in there. 

Its not a great position to be in. I'd go with Halliday though, I think!

Hopefully Arfield, Jack and maybe even Kent are available. If we can just have one last push to get to the winter break then players have time to recover/we can add some quality in the window. Squad is really being stretched, key players too.

Next two games are massive.

30 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Do you didn’t watch it but you claim the abuse was miss placed. 😂😂

Ehhhhh yeah. 

When folk are saying Lafferty is a cunt. Tav is both a cunt and a disgrace and Steven Gerrard is never a manager you have to wonder if it’s really a supporter forum. 

Halliday is another favourite whipping boy

I get questioning of ability. And I get questioning of commitment when warranted, but the abuse hurled at our players and management especially in the match day thread is over the top. 

Outside of the madness of the live comments you rarely see the personal abuse. 

We won in the end and I managed to catch the last 20 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Every cunt rages when we score a late winner! It's like we're the only club who celebrate a win. Patter like it's only St Johnstone, oh look sevco have just won the World Cup/Champions League! Football fans celebrating a late winner! Who would have thought! A win is a win no mater who it's against! Arseholes! St Johnstone Twitter not happy either!

Hard to care what they say when they claim a volleyed side footed winner is a header. 

Maybe if they learn the finer details of football they would win more games. Get it up yous ye degenerate puddle-drinkin cunts!

7 minutes ago, MarzM said:

My point was that you just can't play those 3 together and expect there to be a spark. None of them are really creative midfielders. 

Gerrard thinks we can do what Liverpool do, play 3 Grafters in midfield and rely on the front 3 to score the goals. Absolutely ridiculous tactics.

Morelos not only got team out of jail, he got his mamager out of jail after his team selection.

10 minutes ago, MarzM said:

My point was that you just can't play those 3 together and expect there to be a spark. None of them are really creative midfielders. 

You can say that for every centre midfielder we have that isn’t Arfield and even he is more of a worker than a creative type. 

34 minutes ago, RAFREG said:

We need to call that yellow. And ask why he was booked and that wank Kennedy got away with it. 

Morelos doesn't deserve the yellow but with so many Rangers players and fans coming out the stands someone's getting a yellow so always the scorer m8.

6 minutes ago, MarzM said:

I’m agreeing with you but think McCrorrie gets undue stick. When Arfield isn’t playing or not playing well we struggle and Alfredo ends up a lonely figure up front.

5 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Standards are everything at Rangers,we've played really at times this season but can't seem to string a run of consistent performances together.

Here's hoping though........

Nobody is being consistent this season. Despite all the moans about our away form we have won more games away from home than the tarriers have. It’s just not that easy to go away and stroll to a win as some people seem to think it is

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

I’m agreeing with you but think McCrorrie gets undue stick. When Arfield isn’t playing or not playing well we struggle and Alfredo ends up a lonely figure up front.

I actually think McCrorie gets a free ride on here. I thought he was dreadful today. I still don't think is a midfielder.

3 minutes ago, Jadams said:

Great result, so disappointed about Barasic injury

Do people think Wallace might be the LB or will Halliday be called for ?

Unfortunately Lee Wallace looked every inch the player of a year or so ago, he most definately is not the answer.

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Morelos doesn't deserve the yellow but with so many Rangers players and fans coming out the stands someone's getting a yellow so always the scorer m8.

Back in the day fans would have been on when that cunt Kennedy celebrated in front of the bears.

The relief when that second goal went in. We never looked like we were winning that one. Strange how the performance was so much better against hibs as well but we couldn't score.

Today was an abysmal performance. We won, but there are areas of the pitch and a mentality which must improve. We need to stop getting into scraps, get the head up and look for forward passes. Morelos must be an attacking midfielders dream. He keeps making runs but nobody plays him in. Surely an attacking midfielder needs to be the priority in january, and a striker to help the wee man.

Archived