***The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm no but then performance Wednesday was different level and we didn't win

3 points is all that matters 

We created enough chances to win 3 games on Wednesday. I found it hard to be too critical as it's arguably the best we've been all season, at a notoriously difficult venue for us. We were terrible first half today but even in the second half we could have scored 4 or 5. 

Football is a funny old game. Play great but fail to win on Wednesday then play terrible first half, better second and nick the win. All that mattered was the 3 points. Those 3 points were huge. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

Nobody is being consistent this season. Despite all the moans about our away form we have won more games away from home than the terriers have. It’s just not that easy to go away and stroll to a win as some people seem to think it is

I actually had to look that up as I honestly didn’t believe it lol. 

Lafferty coming on and 2 up front changed that game,it opened up more space up top for their defenders to lose themselves in.

laff was unlucky as fuck,just like other game where he could've had a double,hit the target they say and make the keeper work,and he did that. give the cunt a break. hope we start wi both them up front against the spoon burners 

as for their goal,there was 3 or 4 opportunities to stop that cross and goal going in,they all failed to do that.

wasn't just one players fault. I'm starting to worry with the injuries popping up now tho at a very important stage of the season.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

He has potential but he needs a season away on loan to learn his position better IMO.

Steven Gerrard was one of the best midfielders I’ve ever seen, surely there’s few better people than him to bring McCrorrie on and improve his game. 

33 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Fuckin buzzing after that result. I never gave us a chance with that team but wee Alfie pulled us out a hole. 

Once the CBS start playing it Square it always looks as if we’ve ran out of ideas and I thought the clock was just going to run down but SG made great substitutions and we turned it around.

7 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

as for their goal,there was 3 or 4 opportunities to stop that cross and goal going in,they all failed to do that.

wasn't just one players fault. I'm starting to worry with the injuries popping up now tho at a very important stage of the season.

We’re light in certain areas, obviously Arfield is our only attacking midfielder but we’ve no cover for Candeias and when Alfredo’s out all we have is Lafferty.

5 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Tbf we were totally pish first half, hate it when people make final judgements at HT though, games can completely change in 45 minutes (or 20 in our case).

Yeah but surely that's what it's for Bronzy

Would be a boring old place of everyone was sycophantic over obvious pish  

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah but surely that's what it's for Bronzy

Would be a boring old place of everyone was sycophantic over obvious pish  

True, I suppose I'm just slightly concerned about some people's posts on here, some of them seem to be minutes away from giving themselves a heart attack :lol:

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

I’m agreeing with you but think McCrorrie gets undue stick. When Arfield isn’t playing or not playing well we struggle and Alfredo ends up a lonely figure up front.

I agree. The problem is Halliday. I'm not having a go at the guy don't get me wrong. However, in that midfield i just don't think he add's anything. Coulibally does more running and it better in a tackle IMO. Although Andy is probably better at passing overall. We need a number 10...badly. We've not had someone who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen for a long time.

3 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Morelos doesn't deserve the yellow but with so many Rangers players and fans coming out the stands someone's getting a yellow so always the scorer m8.

I agree. I think he got that yellow because the fans ran on the pitch. I'm happy we got the win...but it was St. Johnstone FFS...we didn't just beat Barcalona. No need for that shite IMO.

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Tbf we were totally pish first half, hate it when people make final judgements at HT though, games can completely change in 45 minutes (or 20 in our case).

We were totally pish up until we got a goal out of the blue,even then we proceeded to give them chances to go into the lead.It was a shocking performance once again,saved by the only two players we have our goalie and our striker 

:lol::lol::lol:

Three points ..... three points ...... three points ...... two beautifully taken goals by AM ..... three points .... three points ..... three points.

Other than the above facts .... I have no further comment ..... other than to say I just can't seem to get this huge fucking grin off my kisser .... :lol:

MERRY XMAS TO ALL OF OUR SUPPORT WORLDWIDE ...... especially to Alfredo's Mum and Dad .... :p:

:UK:

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Rossiter must truly be in the doghouse if he can't get a game ahead if those 3 in the midfield today.

Thought the same myself. He’s a better midfielder than all of them. He’s obviously not fit enough to be trusted - shame, the boys got talent

5 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

The club needs to lodge another complaint about the booking because as you say he didn't leave the pitch and he didn't do anything else to merit a yellow.    He is being targeted by officials.  

That prick has booked him 4 out of 4 so far this season today's and one at Ibrox for fuck all

Boss the game against Hibs abd can't win. Struggle against St. Johnstone and win, that's football for you.

But Morelos (not Morales, Coisty) is the problem and the solution. He scores and we're good to win, but it was probably no coincidence our previous lame five games with only 2 goals did not include him as scorer. We need to fnd a striker in January, we'll struggle if Morelos is out on a long term injury.

11 minutes ago, Don54 said:

That prick has booked him 4 out of 4 so far this season today's and one at Ibrox for fuck all

If that's the case, and I don't doubt you, that's shocking. There were players today bawling in the refs face, squaring up to players, and if seems Alfredo gets booked for fans coming onto the pitchside.

It's not an insignificant booking as suspensions increase as the yellows accumulate. 

He's reffed to different standards, it's as simple as that.

Injuries are killing us at the moment hence why we had to play a midfield 3 of McCrorie,halliday and coulibaly.

we were pretty poor today but all that mattered was the win and hopefully we can get minimum 4 points of next 2 games but hopefully 6.

we need the winter break so squad can have a much needed rest and recruit some new quality players.

btw Grezda is a dud 

To the "it's only St. johnstone" people out there. We need to beat these teams. Each team we beat, regardless of who it is, we need to beat them in order to become champions again. It was a horrible performance today but we dug deep and came up with the goods when it mattered.

These are the games we've struggled to win in the past, and remember, these guys hate us. WE are their biggest games of the season and to get it up the bully boys is such a good feeling, particularly when we don't play well. The next game, against Hibs now becomes the most important game. Another step to getting back to the top. 

Good to see the fight and the pride coming back, and to give the guys who didn't live through 9iar something to cheer about. 

23 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If that's the case, and I don't doubt you, that's shocking. There were players today bawling in the refs face, squaring up to players, and if seems Alfredo gets booked for fans coming onto the pitchside.

It's not an insignificant booking as suspensions increase as the yellows accumulate. 

He's reffed to different standards, it's as simple as that.

I'm sure it was the home game against Livi when he got booked for walking away

Archived