***The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I take guys with raw passion for the club they love over know it all supporters  after the event any day 😜

That's why I refrain from posting in match threads until the games are done, don't want emotional shite I've posted thrown back at me :lol:

3 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

At fault for the first goal as he was pretending to be a CB and looked like he was running in treacle.

Didn't look too clever but its Goldsons fault all day long. I have absolutely no idea what he was thinking about but more worryingly neither did he.

6 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

At fault for the first goal as he was pretending to be a CB and looked like he was running in treacle.

Candeias fails to stop cross, Goldson fails with clearing header, Halliday sells himself but aye Wallace..,

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

For me mate 

it's part of being a footie fan

Can't be right all the time 

We all make a cunt of it plenty of times 

Tbf we were totally pish first half, hate it when people make final judgements at HT though, games can completely change in 45 minutes (or 20 in our case).

Laudrup1984 likes this

13 minutes ago, bam74 said:

He's not the answer but he got thrown in today with no first team minutes under his belt. And the blame for the goal lies with Goldson not Wallace. 

Blame lies with Wallace, Halliday and Goldson. They all played a part in St Johnstone scoring.

32 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

That's why I refrain from posting in match threads until the games are done, don't want emotional shite I've posted thrown back at me :lol:

I don't mind anyone overreacting in the match thread (I do it myself although I like to think within reason!) when it's clear they are doing so because they care (rather than trolling) however it's funny when some take a strong view and after a day or two (sometimes weeks/months!) still refuse to conced they may have called it wrong!

Bronzy and Rangers_no1 like this

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm no but then performance Wednesday was different level and we didn't win

3 points is all that matters 

We created enough chances to win 3 games on Wednesday. I found it hard to be too critical as it's arguably the best we've been all season, at a notoriously difficult venue for us. We were terrible first half today but even in the second half we could have scored 4 or 5. 

Football is a funny old game. Play great but fail to win on Wednesday then play terrible first half, better second and nick the win. All that mattered was the 3 points. Those 3 points were huge. 

They Gnu and smartypants like this

1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

Nobody is being consistent this season. Despite all the moans about our away form we have won more games away from home than the terriers have. It’s just not that easy to go away and stroll to a win as some people seem to think it is

I actually had to look that up as I honestly didn’t believe it lol. 

Lafferty coming on and 2 up front changed that game,it opened up more space up top for their defenders to lose themselves in.

laff was unlucky as fuck,just like other game where he could've had a double,hit the target they say and make the keeper work,and he did that. give the cunt a break. hope we start wi both them up front against the spoon burners 

cstamomusa likes this

33 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Fuckin buzzing after that result. I never gave us a chance with that team but wee Alfie pulled us out a hole. 

Once the CBS start playing it Square it always looks as if we’ve ran out of ideas and I thought the clock was just going to run down but SG made great substitutions and we turned it around.

7 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

as for their goal,there was 3 or 4 opportunities to stop that cross and goal going in,they all failed to do that.

wasn't just one players fault. I'm starting to worry with the injuries popping up now tho at a very important stage of the season.

We’re light in certain areas, obviously Arfield is our only attacking midfielder but we’ve no cover for Candeias and when Alfredo’s out all we have is Lafferty.

5 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Tbf we were totally pish first half, hate it when people make final judgements at HT though, games can completely change in 45 minutes (or 20 in our case).

Yeah but surely that's what it's for Bronzy

Would be a boring old place of everyone was sycophantic over obvious pish  

Bronzy likes this

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah but surely that's what it's for Bronzy

Would be a boring old place of everyone was sycophantic over obvious pish  

True, I suppose I'm just slightly concerned about some people's posts on here, some of them seem to be minutes away from giving themselves a heart attack :lol: