***The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 points no matter how, against a team that has recently went to Aberdeen and Hibs and took full points, will do me.

Yes 1st half was disappointing, everyone can see where strengthening is required ( most of all the gaffer hopefully) but we are in a position i would have taken at the start of the season, will it be good enough over the entire season, probably not, will it be good enough for the next 2 games? i fucking hope so!!

23 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I'd take the league table as it is just now, one point behind and hope a rest and some quality added gives us what we need to push on 

when we beat celtic, the teams confidence will be boosted to a new level and i believe we'll start to see some consistency in their play.  Fans will imo be more positive towards the team at that point. I think we need to be strengthening  the team by 1 player at the very least each window until we reach a point that we have players who can cover injuries.

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

when we beat celtic, the teams confidence will be boosted to a new level and i believe we'll start to see some consistency in their play.  Fans will imo be more positive towards the team at that point. I think we need to be strengthening  the team by 1 player at the very least each window until we reach a point that we have players who can cover injuries.

1 player?

We need at least 3 this window, the summer needs to be at least approx 5.

If we only recruit 1 player each window then we'll be 1 injury away from exactly what we have right now, which is inconsistency. Beating the scum, which is far from probable, doesn't change that given how many players we're using who have never played a season's football at any level.

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

1 player?

We need at least 3 this window, the summer needs to be at least approx 5.

If we only recruit 1 player each window then we'll be 1 injury away from exactly what we have right now, which is inconsistency. Beating the scum, which is far from probable, doesn't change that given how many players we're using who have never played a season's football at any level.

I don't disagree with that. What I am meaning is we need at least one key player each window, who knows what their doing. At some point we'll have to start bringing the youth through who will have their starts by covering injuries, so i'd be against bringing too many players in. I do believe that the fans confidence in the team will become more positive when we beat celtic. 

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't disagree with that. What I am meaning is we need at least one key player each window, who knows what their doing. At some point we'll have to start bringing the youth through who will have their starts by covering injuries, so i'd be against bringing too many players in. I do believe that the fans confidence in the team will become more positive when we beat celtic. 

I see it that we've got a decent first 11, then a couple more who can fit in reasonably well. All those not in that mix need replaced with better, a capable squad is needed to win silverware. Focus on one player and it's fucked if he's the one who gets injured. You need to continually improve the quality of first team, then squad, until your replacements are as good as your best 11. We're miles from that.

We might beat the scum next week, but even that won't resolve consistency issues when we've so many players who have never played near s season's worth of games ever.

Bringing in youth players would be tough on them on such an inconsistent team, though if you're a number 10 or left back with development squad you'd be right to think you deserve a shot if you're doing well.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I see it that we've got a decent first 11, then a couple more who can fit in reasonably well. All those not in that mix need replaced with better, a capable squad is needed to win silverware. Focus on one player and it's fucked if he's the one who gets injured. You need to continually improve the quality of first team, then squad, until your replacements are as good as your best 11. We're miles from that.

We might beat the scum next week, but even that won't resolve consistency issues when we've so many players who have never played near s season's worth of games ever.

Bringing in youth players would be tough on them on such an inconsistent team, though if you're a number 10 or left back with development squad you'd be right to think you deserve a shot if you're doing well.

Your reasoning makes sense and I don't disagree with it. I just see it differently. If we buy all our replacements then when do we start to bring the youth through? I honestly think most of our consistency problems are down to our captain, no disrespect to him but I think he needs replaced for someone with more experience.

22 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'm not getting my hopes up about beating the scum next Saturday, well not until about 6 a.m. on Saturday. 😎 

4 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Your reasoning makes sense and I don't disagree with it. I just see it differently. If we buy all our replacements then when do we start to bring the youth through? I honestly think most of our consistency problems are down to our captain, no disrespect to him but I think he needs replaced for someone with more experience.

:lol: 

whit?

So we need to sign one player in January and the player should be a replacement for Tav? Not an attacking creative midfielder that can break teams down with a killer pass or another striker so we don’t rely completely on Morelos? Although I do like your confidence in regards to the derby even if I don’t share it after this month of football.

16 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Yes Whit?, Get out of jail card, nothing has changed, dream on, we are fucking shite, scraping a win against a shite side doesn't make it, papering over cracks, win ugly, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Are you ever happy 😂 we could beat celtic 4-0 next week and your the type who would still come on moaning about a throw in we Conceded in the 21st minute.

Archived