***The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

I’m agreeing with you but think McCrorrie gets undue stick. When Arfield isn’t playing or not playing well we struggle and Alfredo ends up a lonely figure up front.

I agree. The problem is Halliday. I'm not having a go at the guy don't get me wrong. However, in that midfield i just don't think he add's anything. Coulibally does more running and it better in a tackle IMO. Although Andy is probably better at passing overall. We need a number 10...badly. We've not had someone who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen for a long time.

smartypants likes this

3 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Morelos doesn't deserve the yellow but with so many Rangers players and fans coming out the stands someone's getting a yellow so always the scorer m8.

I agree. I think he got that yellow because the fans ran on the pitch. I'm happy we got the win...but it was St. Johnstone FFS...we didn't just beat Barcalona. No need for that shite IMO.

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Tbf we were totally pish first half, hate it when people make final judgements at HT though, games can completely change in 45 minutes (or 20 in our case).

We were totally pish up until we got a goal out of the blue,even then we proceeded to give them chances to go into the lead.It was a shocking performance once again,saved by the only two players we have our goalie and our striker 

Bobby Hume and BlueAvenger like this

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Rossiter must truly be in the doghouse if he can't get a game ahead if those 3 in the midfield today.

Thought the same myself. He’s a better midfielder than all of them. He’s obviously not fit enough to be trusted - shame, the boys got talent

Boss the game against Hibs abd can't win. Struggle against St. Johnstone and win, that's football for you.

But Morelos (not Morales, Coisty) is the problem and the solution. He scores and we're good to win, but it was probably no coincidence our previous lame five games with only 2 goals did not include him as scorer. We need to fnd a striker in January, we'll struggle if Morelos is out on a long term injury.

11 minutes ago, Don54 said:

That prick has booked him 4 out of 4 so far this season today's and one at Ibrox for fuck all

If that's the case, and I don't doubt you, that's shocking. There were players today bawling in the refs face, squaring up to players, and if seems Alfredo gets booked for fans coming onto the pitchside.

It's not an insignificant booking as suspensions increase as the yellows accumulate. 

He's reffed to different standards, it's as simple as that.

Injuries are killing us at the moment hence why we had to play a midfield 3 of McCrorie,halliday and coulibaly.

we were pretty poor today but all that mattered was the win and hopefully we can get minimum 4 points of next 2 games but hopefully 6.

we need the winter break so squad can have a much needed rest and recruit some new quality players.

btw Grezda is a dud 

3 hours ago, MarzM said:

I agree. I think he got that yellow because the fans ran on the pitch. I'm happy we got the win...but it was St. Johnstone FFS...we didn't just beat Barcalona. No need for that shite IMO.

Shut up man

G.E.C., hawkeye and Port Loyal like this

To the "it's only St. johnstone" people out there. We need to beat these teams. Each team we beat, regardless of who it is, we need to beat them in order to become champions again. It was a horrible performance today but we dug deep and came up with the goods when it mattered.

These are the games we've struggled to win in the past, and remember, these guys hate us. WE are their biggest games of the season and to get it up the bully boys is such a good feeling, particularly when we don't play well. The next game, against Hibs now becomes the most important game. Another step to getting back to the top. 

Good to see the fight and the pride coming back, and to give the guys who didn't live through 9iar something to cheer about. 

billscott, gmcf and Misteral like this

23 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If that's the case, and I don't doubt you, that's shocking. There were players today bawling in the refs face, squaring up to players, and if seems Alfredo gets booked for fans coming onto the pitchside.

It's not an insignificant booking as suspensions increase as the yellows accumulate. 

He's reffed to different standards, it's as simple as that.

I'm sure it was the home game against Livi when he got booked for walking away

3 points no matter how, against a team that has recently went to Aberdeen and Hibs and took full points, will do me.

Yes 1st half was disappointing, everyone can see where strengthening is required ( most of all the gaffer hopefully) but we are in a position i would have taken at the start of the season, will it be good enough over the entire season, probably not, will it be good enough for the next 2 games? i fucking hope so!!

Zappa6995 likes this

23 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I'd take the league table as it is just now, one point behind and hope a rest and some quality added gives us what we need to push on 

when we beat celtic, the teams confidence will be boosted to a new level and i believe we'll start to see some consistency in their play.  Fans will imo be more positive towards the team at that point. I think we need to be strengthening  the team by 1 player at the very least each window until we reach a point that we have players who can cover injuries.

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

when we beat celtic, the teams confidence will be boosted to a new level and i believe we'll start to see some consistency in their play.  Fans will imo be more positive towards the team at that point. I think we need to be strengthening  the team by 1 player at the very least each window until we reach a point that we have players who can cover injuries.

1 player?

We need at least 3 this window, the summer needs to be at least approx 5.

If we only recruit 1 player each window then we'll be 1 injury away from exactly what we have right now, which is inconsistency. Beating the scum, which is far from probable, doesn't change that given how many players we're using who have never played a season's football at any level.