***Official Rangers v Hibernian Thread***

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, Bigdave30 said:

Middleton could develop into a good player, coulibaly looks every inch the kind of player 2nd rate French mobs send out on loan.

For me the priority is a number 10 who links the play, creates chances and chips in with goals, Arfield and jack could play with such a player and be successful IMO

It’ll be an interesting January transfer window.

Middleton puts in good balls from corners but when he is on the move, often after getting himself into great positions, his final ball and decision making is dreadful Much of that is down to inexperience and his failure to look up before dispatching the ball.  

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bertent said:

Oh the irony of captain cliche. Shouldnt you be out sneaking up on sheep?

Who signed Worral, which liverpool youth will we get for a few weeks this time?  What game changing call will be made if plan A falls apart? 

Yeah who did sign a fairly highly rated English CB?

Mental of us to sign highly rated players based of the advice of scouts.

Walter and Wee Dick did mental things like that as well.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I will say it one last time. I don't understand why Rossiter is not in that team. And if anyone wants to blame the substitutions for the goal then they are just looking for something. 

I did..there was no fuckin need for them..change for change sake an it fucked us👍

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

If we had hired Steve Clarke in the summer, we’d be miles clear at the top 

I like Gerrard but what he’s offering up isn’t close to good enough. We blamed Warburton, we blamed Caixinha, Stevie shouldn’t be immune from the same treatment from time to time 

Aye it would be handy if you could hire him without him having to agree to it, that’s the problem I see with that comment he needs to be interested in taking the job (which hes not) for your assumption to be fact

3 minutes ago, jim beam said:

I said before the St Johnstone game we would win that then draw against Hibs and shite the bed against the Tarriers nothing has changed my mind on that.

I actually think we’ll get a result against them. It’s crucial not only because of the points but psychologically aswell. If you’re right I can’t see us coming back from that. 

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Tommy Wright, Derek Mcinnes, Alex Neil - you know, experienced managers who have proven over many seasons they know what it takes to win trophies.

2 of whom have said they didn't want the gig. 1 of whom has never operated at the top end.  How much do we give them in Jan? If we don't win the league do we bin them in the summer too?

Ffs from day one I've been saying it's unrealistic expectations to turn it all around in one transfer window but as usual folk who aren't realistic, think it's just a case of clicking fingers, are on the rage again.

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Because our loan players we’ve ‘attracted’ have done us a world of good? 

A striker who dives when he’s in on goal

A coward who went back to Liverpool with his tail between his legs 

A centre back who can’t defend 

A midfielder who can’t pass

A decent winger who’s always injured 

yea loan fucking players, this is why were so fucking bad,  we wanna compete ? we need to buy some quality, there is  a reason these players are getting loaned out. so how you think clarke would have us top of the lg when we need to buy quality but we get loan players. listen its down to fucking money and we aint got it.

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

As long as we rely on Candeas and Tav . on the right side . We will never win a trophy with them playing together. And I will stand by that .

We may win a weekend but these 2 provide absolutely bang average quality time and time again in the bigger games

I'm really starting to dislike Candeias. In the side because he works hard and helps cover Taverniers defensive issues, yes he gets the odd assist like today but makes the wrong decision or plays a poor final ball probably 95% of the time. 

And Taverniers free kick straight out of play at the end of the match summed him up today, just another pathetic dead ball effort to add to the list. 

4 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

It's up the Gerrard and Mark Allen to find them then.

If SG hasn't identified ,he can't rely on Candeas or Tav.Then we are in massive trouble these next few years

He won't get the sack any time soon ..But he will eventually if he keeps going with these 2 without exploring better options 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Middleton puts in good balls from corners but when he is on the move, often after getting himself into great positions, his final ball and decision making is dreadful Much of that is down to inexperience and his failure to look up before dispatching the ball.  

Aye the holes in his game can be filled in as he gets more experience (hopefully)

definetly far from the finished article and in his current ability level should not be a starter for us every week.

6 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Is Gerrard doing any better than Pedro or Murty? They got sacked, will Gerrard be sacked?

Not a chance, this has been in the pipeline since late last year (getting Gerrard in), King is infatuated by him. Also tbh, we cant keep sacking managers we are going round in circles then - now we either stick with a rookie or rebuild (again). 

30 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

There are no miracle makers. He's worth backing,

Based on what exactly? 

Domestically (where it matters) we have been stinking under his management.

The players he brought to us for the most part are honking and ones already away. 

I’d love Gerrard to be the man who could fire us to the title but based on what I have seen so far he’s just another failure. You can talk about not being backed (which you s ridiculous given the funds he’s spent) and not being a miracle worker but it hardly takes a miracle to beat the likes of  Livingston, Aberdeen and Hibs. 

He will get time because we have no choice but i don’t see anything changing for us. 

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

this place is fucking nuts, lol sack SG and start again. imo winning the lg this year was never happening. its going to take 2-3 years to get us up and running. 

He needs at least 3 windows, and funding.

Yet there's folk wanting him out despite us spending less than the scum, them having a stronger squad to begin with, and it not even being the end of the year FFS. 

Place is mental with lack of realism.

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Aye it would be handy if you could hire him without him having to agree to it, that’s the problem I see with that comment he needs to be interested in taking the job (which hes not) for your assumption to be fact

Oh aye no chance he’d have came to us over another season a Killie

When Rodgers walks, the taigs will take him and we’ll still be fumbling about wondering if Gerrard is ever going to learn how to tell the difference between a decent player and a shit one

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

2 of whom have said they didn't want the gig. 1 of whom has never operated at the top end.  How much do we give them in Jan? If we don't win the league do we bin them in the summer too?

Ffs from day one I've been saying it's unrealistic expectations to turn it all around in one transfer window but as usual folk who aren't realistic, think it's just a case of clicking fingers, are on the rage again.

Said it a few weeks ago that some people seem to think you can just make decisions as a manager on a fucken whim.

Got to win on Saturday or the season is fucking over. And my prediction is these bunch of shitebags will bottle it, just like the previous bunch of shitebags did. 2 deserved draws with the spoon burners show that we are a mid table team if you take Alfredo out the equation. Fucking sick of cunts disgracing a fucking Rangers jersey. Fucking sick of it.

2 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

Clarke would have been the better option out of himself & Gerrard, not sure many would disagree on that. I really dont know what the answer is though tbh, but i think we are in cuckoo land if we think the likes of Tommy Wright, McInnes & Neil would get us closer than where we are - that being said again, I didnt buy into this Gerrard hysteria at the time, especially as i reckon Rodgers would have definitely walked with all that shit going on in August/September with them if Gerrard wasnt our manager. 

I'm not convinced of that. He's doing a great job but it's at a club where there are no expectations.

People also seem underestimate the pull of Gerrard himself for players to want to come and play for us, or stay with us.

Archived