Absolute fucking shambles

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

But it’s another goal threat. Explain to me the  point of playing 4-3-3 with 3 midfielders like McCrorie, Jack and Coulibaly?

Before that Jack, Ejaria, Coulibaly??

A goal threat from where? 

We either go 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 but the problem is a stagnant midfield still exists either way. 

29 minutes ago, butthole said:

We don't the players in the middle of the park. They are all very limited, frightened to make a forward pass or have a pop at goal. Got what we deserved.

Agreed , it’s a worry we’ve rewarded one of them with a new deal 🙈 

1 minute ago, dee9 said:

I said earlier and we were ahead at the time that I fuckin hate xmas and new year period because we bottle ever big game and you go into the new year with no hope of winning anything.

Any big games Rangers lose and it's been like this for years and years.

We have absolutely no chance of stopping 10iar unless we have serious investment in the team.

I expect another hiding on Saturday and I would bite your hand off for a draw right now.....sad times indeed.

It's not just at Xmas and new year. Agreed though, the board appointed Gerrard, they have to back him in January. 

5 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

What are the tactics, if you don't mind laying it out for me.

Cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, waste a free kick, cross, cross, cross, waste a corner, waste a corner, cross, cross, waste a free kick, waste a corner, cross, cross, cross forever without scoring, give the opposition 1 chance, concede. 

Repeat. 

We're getting pretty good at it though so the players are clearly working hard in training. 

19 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

100% mate, imo SG will get it right, needs time, any sane person knew this, i for one didnt think we would win the lg this year. fuck these loan players etc, we need to fucking spend on some decent quality. there is a reason these players are out on loan.  our team have been ravaged with injuries to. 

I have been thinking about all the injuries and think maybe the team was over trained at the start of the season. 

Yes we know they are only playing football blah blah blah but there has for to be something with all the niggling and major injuries building up. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

A goal threat from where? 

We either go 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 but the problem is a stagnant midfield still exists either way. 

Because Lafferty is more likely to score than the 3 CDM’s..

Coulibaly is like a fish out of water in that number 10 role but only one man cant see it.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We didn’t sit back. 

We simply never killed the game. 

As soon as we scored we sat back and played to hit on break.

Even before we scored we were poor.

Substitutions too late as per usual and when they do come Lafferty at left wing.

Anything to mean moving from his 4-3-3

1 minute ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Whether league points or our Europa jaunt shows it or not - the end of the season will. 

Our team is head & should above those teams managed by warburton, caixinha and murty combined. 

They need to earn the right for that to be talked about with such certainty 

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

We did start sitting deeper the last 15 minutes or so and the inevitable happened 

Because all 3 midfielders were either fucked or carrying a knock. You could see them starting to get more of a foothold in the game and the wee cunt Horgan starting to get involved from the middle of the park. You could sense the inevitably of them scoring. 

The changes should have been made much sooner. 

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

Whether league points or our Europa jaunt shows it or not - the end of the season will. 

Our team is head & should above those teams managed by warburton, caixinha and murty combined. 

We'll agree to disagree mate, the goalkeeper and one attacker aside (who caixinha brought in), I'm not seeing it. Hopefully January gives us some quality. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

As soon as we scored we sat back and played to hit on break.

Even before we scored we were poor.

Substitutions too late as per usual and when they do come Lafferty at left wing.

Anything to mean moving from his 4-3-3

With the lack of creativity in the middle of the park we should be going 4-4-2 and a bit more direct. We struggle against a low block so rather than try to play through it why not include Lafferty and go more direct?

13 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The criticism regarding goals includes all midfielders bar Scott Arfield.

Coulibaly, Ejaria, Jack, McCrorie, Halliday, Rossiter.

I agree mate, and I think it'll take more than 1 transfer window to sort that - but took your quote as referring to today's midfield selection.

3 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

In short the manager is clueless, failed to beat derek mcinnes team 3 times and failed to beat lennon twice now.

So what you are saying, without actually answering my question and changing the subject to bogey teams, is that we have bogey teams.

Which no Rangers team or indeed any team, league winners or not, have ever had in the 100+ years of pro football.

You see, I have no problem with reasonable criticisms of this group of players or this manager but nonsense like this being posted is why I have to reload the fucken forum 8 times just to get into the bears den never mind any of the threads.

What's coming next? The grass isn't green enough and why isn't Gerrard changing it?

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

With the lack of creativity in the middle of the park we should be going 4-4-2 and a bit more direct. We struggle against a low block so rather than try to play through it why not include Lafferty and go more direct?

Same as Warburton..

keep playing the same way and hope, not expect, hope something happens.

1 minute ago, philiprfc said:

I agree mate, and I think it'll take more than 1 transfer window to sort that - but took your quote as referring to today's midfield selection.

If playing 4-3-3 you need your 5 behind Morelos to chip in goals.

one of midfield 3 scoring 10-15, the two wide midfielders scoring 10-15 goals.

that 5 would be luck to score 12 betwern thrm in a season.

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

So what you are saying, without actually answering my question and changing the subject to bogey teams, is that we have bogey teams.

Which no Rangers team or indeed any team, league winners or not, have ever had in the 100+ years of pro football.

You see, I have no problem with reasonable criticisms of this group of players or this manager but nonsense like this being posted is why I have to reload the fucken forum 8 times just to get into the bears den never mind any of the threads.

What's coming next? The grass isn't green enough and why isn't Gerrard changing it?

Burying your head in the sand.