Absolute fucking shambles

39 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

22 million in debt or something Ffs?

No we aren't.  We had a share issue recently and wiped a fair chunk of that off.  And including gate money and prize money, we earned upwards of 10m for the Euro campaign.

14 minutes ago, Bluenose1986 said:

A lot of the fans have been blinkered by Europe. 

As weird as it sounds, i think this might be one of the reasons we've been poor domestically. Players with less to none european experience suddenly get into the saturday-thursday circle and at some point, they just cannot keep up. We scored 5 points of our first 3 EL games, and managed only 1 in the last 3. By the end of it we were already looking non-fresh for the SPL. Makes you wonder. 

Just now, 2nd Flute said:

Ok, we'll see how we strengthen in January. 

:tu:  been saying this form months.  We are clearly short of depth and a few 1st team players.  This needs addressed ASAP or we will continue on in the same inconsistent way we have been.

We 100% need an attacking midfielder, a real number 10.  I honestly think that's the main thing we are missing. We have most of th ball in games, and create the more chances.  We need someone in the middle of the park able to play the killer ball.

Outside the poor players who we know I feel our players aren't intelligent football wise and aren't great at reading and positioning, I also feel the way we play doesn't suit the players we have.

I'm not a fan of the 4-3-3 formations and have always had the feeling it only works if you have top class players, if a Man City or Barca were to do it they would be immense. 

1 minute ago, demise said:

As weird as it sounds, i think this might be one of the reasons we've been poor domestically. Players with less to none european experience suddenly get into the saturday-thursday circle and at some point, they just cannot keep up. We scored 5 points of our first 3 EL games, and managed only 1 in the last 3. By the end of it we were already looking non-fresh for the SPL. Makes you wonder. 

It’s a valid argument yeah. We’ve thrown away some amount of points this season. Scunnered. 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

:tu:  been saying this form months.  We are clearly short of depth and a few 1st team players.  This needs addressed ASAP or we will continue on in the same inconsistent way we have been.

We 100% need an attacking midfielder, a real number 10.  I honestly think that's the main thing we are missing. We have most of th ball in games, and create the more chances.  We need someone in the middle of the park able to play the killer ball.

Totally agree, where do we get that No.10 on our finances, today's results were a kick in the baws,  thought they'd drop at least a point ,and we'd do the business at Ibrox, sickener 

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

Totally agree, where do we get that No.10 on our finances, today's results were a kick in the baws,  thought they'd drop at least a point ,and we'd do the business at Ibrox, sickener 

We found millions in the summer before we had played 7 home sellout games in Europe and earned roughly 10-15m quid.

I'm sure we can find some more in January.  Needs to be the right buy though.  No point in just bringing in bodies.  We need people with the ability to walk right into the team.  Quite a few of our 1st team players would be way more suited to being squad players for us.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Something tells me that spending will be minimal in January. A few loans unless we sell. 

Hope not mate.

I don't think we should go out and overspend but loans won't cut it. We need 1st team players.  IMO loans should be backup players.

1 hour ago, gsa said:

The manager is full of fear and negativity. Overly cautious in the extreme. 

If we don't win on Saturday he'll have failed to beat Hibs, Aberdeen or celtic in 7 attempts. 

And I actually think he'll sit in against them and hope to nick something. 

We were saying that at the game today he can’t go any other way Saturday than get in their faces and press  , sit off and it will be a towing , man for man they’re better so we have to turn into a battle that they’ll probs still fucking win to unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Hope not mate.

I don't think we should go out and overspend but loans won't cut it. We need 1st team players.  IMO loans should be backup players.

No they won't but I get the feeling the board won't sanction any big spend even though we need it. 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

We were saying that at the game today he can’t go any other way Saturday than get in their faces and press  , sit off and it will be a towing , man for man they’re better so we have to turn into a battle that they’ll probs still fucking win to unfortunately 

Do you think he will? I genuinely dont, unfortunately. They are awful at the back and if we got right on top of them and made it claustrophobic, I think they'd struggle. But Gerrard will have us sit off and yet again, we'll make them look good. 

2 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

Lafferty should have been on sooner, start him and fredo on sat we will beat them.

That’s the biggest disappointment for me.  Too late with his changes. We lack forward thinking players in the MF, so we should have strung 5 across it with Lafferty and Morelos up front.  They were there for the taking and we arsed it up again.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

No they won't but I get the feeling the board won't sanction any big spend even though we need it. 

I doubt there's any real money to spend. Couple of loans is probably the best we can hope for. 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

With 800 fans, fuckin sickening 

5 minutes ago, gsa said:

Do you think he will? I genuinely dont, unfortunately. They are awful at the back and if we got right on top of them and made it claustrophobic, I think they'd struggle. But Gerrard will have us sit off and yet again, we'll make them look good. 

Even if he does he’s not got a midfield to carry it out , they’re to strong for our midfield 

There IS always a chance we can take the scum, but this time around we have so many injured. 

It is a slim chance chance, but Gerrard will need to do different.

No coulibaly for a start. Keep McCrorie.  Bench Middleton, play Laffery. Get the ball to Morelos more and at his fuckng feet and we might have a chance.

Tav will reman a weakness, but hopefully will not lead to any goals lost.