Absolute fucking shambles

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Surely now people can see that we are going in the right direction even if we haven’t had the results to perhaps show it at points across this season (there were always going to be bumps in the road, it’s crazy for people to think otherwise) Unfortunately I still think we will fall a bit short this season but we’ve definitely got the foundations in place now so hopefully we can start adding a bit more quality in the next couple of windows to really help push us on to that next level.

I think sometimes people need to take a step back and look at the medium to long term rather than judging whatever we are doing and how capable players and managers are on a near game by game basis.

In most contexts, you’re absolutely right.

We have a fairly unusual position of having to stop 10 (8 or 9, preferably), at all costs.

Today is the first time they’ve shown us on the park that they have some kind of grasp of that, and capacity to execute.

Monstrous amounts of goodwill have been piled up today - as long as they continue to perform, the negative noises should subside.

21 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Nah that’s bullshit, from the start of December we started off flying against Hearts all the games after that we have struggled in one way or another.our form going into this game has been abysmal so it’s little wonder that confidence was low.

Nobody and I mean nobody even those guys with the glass half full types could have seen the performance from all the players and management for this game,just think if we had shown the same determination and commitment we showed today and the will to win would be sitting well clear and 55 would be ours.it’s so frustrating.

It’s frustrating mate, as I personally think we all know we had that performance in us. I disagree that we’ve been poor through December, we lost 4 points from hibs that could 100% come back to haunt us but we were far from abysmal ffs. We played them off the park for 170 minutes and paid the price for missing chances. 

I agree we need to show the desire, commitment, and determination the same as the day and we win the league 

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

In most contexts, you’re absolutely right.

We have a fairly unusual position of having to stop 10 (8 or 9, preferably), at all costs.

Today is the first time they’ve shown us on the park that they have some kind of grasp of that, and capacity to execute.

Monstrous amounts of goodwill have been piled up today - as long as they continue to perform, the negative noises should subside.

I think we’ve put ourselves in a good position to push on and make a real challenge of it this season. It’s vital now that we add a couple of quality players in the coming weeks to give us the best chance of doing that.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I think we’ve put ourselves in a good position to push on and make a real challenge of it this season. It’s vital now that we add a couple of quality players in the coming weeks to give us the best chance of doing that.

Yes. We seem to have chipped away at two or three non-contributors, which ended up with what we got today.

We need those fresh legs to help out the guys who put in the performance today, as I think there are still one or two around the squad who aren’t as reliable as they could be.