Gerrard Post Match Reaction

Laudrup1984

Not making any excuses for that performance, and several others recently, but our injury record is frightening.  Murphy and Dorrans long term absences have I think been very significant but when you add in Arfield, (twice) Jack, Coulibaly (to a lesser extent) , we have been very unlucky. I reckon Gerrard will deliver given time, perhaps it's too late for this season, in fact almost certainly too late unless we hammer them on Saturday, but I think he deserves another couple of transfer windows.

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

So it’s not about money then?

- have I said it's all about money?

I dont se any, if any, wanting Gerrard sacked but lets face facts.

- there's plenty saying manager my arse, time up etc. But facts... 

He’s paid handsomely, has a budget dwarfing all in league yet....

- factually incorrect.

here we are again fighting for second with Aberdeen and Kilmarnock.

- which squad had the biggest turmoil in the summer? Is it surprising there's inconsistency there?

I absolutely agree some players are knackered but his negativity when it comes to his team selections are costing us.

- and why I'm not against him getting just criticism. These points included.

We also cant afford to rip it up every transfer window because the last one was a failure.

- a failure whose signings are still costing Gerrard 50kpw plus that he knows would improve his team.

Imo our four best players this season have been Mcgregor, Tav,Jack and Morelos.  One of them is a Gerrard signing.

- imo 3 have went on a level. Does he get credit for that? Arfield not included yet everyone says he's a huge miss? Kent too?

I reckon at end of last season almost everyone was saying we need at least one Creative/Attacking midfielder, a winger and a striker. One transfer window later we need at least one creative/attacking midfielder, a proper winger and a striker.

- You're right. We do still need them. But Sadiq was woeful, lafferty has struggled, and our attacking minded/ flair players like Murphy, Dorrans. Kent. Arfield, Grezda have all been injured. It's a mix of poor signings, tough luck, and a need to do more.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Budget wise i meant all the other teams not including celtic..

Squad turmoil, Murphy injury ( wasn’t good enough either btw) injuries, Caixinha signings etc, etc.

Excuse after excuse.

We’re a point ahead of Kilmarnock on boxing day. That’s unacceptable no matter how many excuses you try to make.

By the end of last season we needed a completely new team ( remember Morelos was playing shite as well) with the priority being defence, Gerrard has had one transfer window his remit being was to build a new team with sales of players and season ticket money, what the fuck were people expecting?, he completely rebuilt the defence and surely we are all in agreement that it's 100% improvement on what we had, including Arfield the rest had to be built on the cheap, and loans, which are realistically huge gambles and should ideally only be used as fillers, our loanees consisted of kids who had rarely seen 1st team action or had only played in a handful of games yet we were expecting them to compete for a title.

I will agree that the first signs were encouraging but being realistic it really was to much to expect them to keep it going, the European run enjoyable as it was with the sheer amount of games it meant is now taking its toll with players breaking down with injuries and being off the boil.

While we and the management all know what is required ie: quality midfielder quality forward etc, I don't expect Gerrard to be given funds in the January window down to the simple fact that quality in January costs more and I don't believe the board have the funds available for him, so I expect if anything it'll be another couple of loans until season ticket money is available to him in the summer, this scenario makes for grim reading but I don't really see much alternative unless the board can pull a rabbit out of the hat, so it's a case of batten down the hatches until the summer and let's see if he can do for the midfield and forward line what he done for the defence this season.

13 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Budget wise i meant all the other teams not including celtic..

Squad turmoil, Murphy injury ( wasn’t good enough either btw) injuries, Caixinha signings etc, etc.

Excuse after excuse.

We’re a point ahead of Kilmarnock on boxing day. That’s unacceptable no matter how many excuses you try to make.

I see reasons, you see excuses.

If you don't want to consider the scope of squad turnover, the injuries, the impact of the euro run, some crucial ref decisions as reasons for our points tally being where it is then that's your prerogative.  An absurd one, but yours to have.

42 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

What he did today to goldson, keeping

him on for the 2 nd half is absolutely scandalous ., the guy couldn't move,  he had to tell the clueless one he wanted off ! Shows you how much he rates his 2 million man Katic, what a fucking idiot 

To see a player limping onto the pitch is one of the most ridiculous things I can remember seeing,fucking amateurish.

48 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I reckon at end of last season almost everyone was saying we need at least one Creative/Attacking midfielder, a winger and a striker.One transfer window later we need at least one creative/attacking midfielder, a proper winger and a striker.

At the end of last season everyone was calling for us to invest in the back line, especially at centre back. We had the worst defensive record of the top 6.

That was the priority in the summer and where the bulk of the funds went. We are better there than last year. Only the scum have conceded less. Gerrard however needs to stop rotating cbs.

Moving foward we do still need attacking midfielder and a striker. But finances always meant it would have to be done over a couple of windows. 

47 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

What he did today to goldson, keeping

him on for the 2 nd half is absolutely scandalous ., the guy couldn't move,  he had to tell the clueless one he wanted off ! Shows you how much he rates his 2 million man Katic, what a fucking idiot 

Goldson should never have been allowed back on. Maybe someone thought the injury could be run off. He was fuckin limping about 

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

At the end of last season everyone was calling for us to invest in the back line, especially at centre back. We had the worst defensive record of the top 6.

That was the priority in the summer and where the bulk of the funds went. We are better there than last year. Only the scum have conceded less. Gerrard however needs to stop rotating cbs.

Moving foward we do still need attacking midfielder and a striker. But finances always meant it would have to be done over a couple of windows. 

Centre halves are better but we are set up as a team to be defensive.

We spent 2 million on a winger who never made the squad today.

The less said about the two strikers we signed the better

Ridiculous, Goldson limping on to the pitch in the second half. Did the player tell the management that he was fine to continue?

The decision is even more baffling when you have an idea replacement on the bench or Mcrorie could be moved to CH.

Substitutions poor once again. Lafferty should of been on for Coulabary with 30 minutes to go.