Tavernier

ForeverAndEver

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Agree with this . Maybe because he is likeable person , And he has been here quite a few years now . Young ones get attached .

Yet many of our younger fans wouldn't know a winner from these last 8 years . To the days when our teams , even in our poorer years had winners in our team .

The losing mentality is still right throughout this club .

You can see that by using our big match stats to back it up

Someone posted earlier . Yet to win against Sheep , Scum and Hivs out of 7

Throw in Spartak failures and rapid away . That is zero out of 10

All the games we winners would be doing better in

The record against celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs is horrific. And still people think Gerrard is doing a free job. He's just about level par, at best. 

1 hour ago, Fergie_6 said:

Its hard for a right back to drag any team to a win.

But as captain he should be barking orders, squeezing every last ounce of energy and fight out of the players, one last push from everyone to see us over the line, instead he's one of the most anonymous players in the team in the last ten mins

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Tav is the biggest scapegoat on here. I suppose thats part of the parcel when you are a captain but look back at every defeat this year and there is a post after everyone about Tav. 2 questions thatbhave to go with that are 1, who would be your captain and 2 who would you buy on suh a small budget to replace his assists and goals as a right back? 

I can count on one hand the amount of games the lad has missed since he has been at the club. He isnt captain material, that i agree but i get the feeling he leads by example and is popular in the dressing room which may be why he is captain. Were all too quick to turn on our players/managers after a fucking draw. 

Give me one example of him being a leader ?

Give me one example of Tav changing a game from the jaws of defeat ?

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

But as captain he should be barking orders, squeezing every last ounce of energy and fight out of the players, one last push from everyone to see us over the line, instead he's one of the most anonymous players in the team in the last ten mins

not against st Johnston he wasn't. he was trying to drag us into it - same against Hibs at easter road.

40 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We ARE talking about Tav here. He's been utter mince for months and was never it if we are tbh.

Compare him with Barasic. Well there isn't any. End of.

Serious question apart from his ibrox debut have we won a game Barisic played in?  if so not many which is startling coz the majority of our support see fucking Maldini  , I see an ok potentially decent player with a one dimensional attack option of flinging it into the box over and over again , no way you can say already he’s miles better than tav when tavs scored and created consistently for 4 years and Barisic hasn’t played 4 games 

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No ne is arguing that others aren't good enough, just like Tav, but the thread is about Tav and he IS fucking mince.

As for B, he's been injured, but when you see him play, he IS quality. No fucking comparison.

Tav was limited when he came and will remain limited when leaves and hopefully sooner than later.

and see when he's no injured how many goals has he cost us, how many has he created could put the Tav one to bed - one of the few players we'd be able to sell on 

3 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

😂😂 so everything's Tavs fault this is getting even more ridiculous 

Well you answer my question . It's easiest thing in the world to say it isn't his fault

He is a major part for me why we don't win big games and will continue to do . As long as he is there

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

not against st Johnston he wasn't. he was trying to drag us into it - same against Hibs at easter road.

You pick 2 games, think of how many drab and shambolic performances this season we have had, how many games did the likes of ferguson, gough etc go into hiding or be missing as captain, look at fernando, fucking carried us at times, has tav ever carried this team? 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Give me one example of him being a leader ?

Give me one example of Tav changing a game from the jaws of defeat ?

I said in my post mate, i dont see him as captain material. The 2nd question is madness really. Are we now only rating players who vhange games from the jaws of defeat? The players who dont do that are just branded pish?

Try my 2 questions, 1) who would be your captain and 2) who would you replace tav with and keep the same assists and goals he brings?

8 minutes ago, gsa said:

The record against celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs is horrific. And still people think Gerrard is doing a free job. He's just about level par, at best. 

Tbf take away the name gerrard and replace with anyone u like and he would be under heavy pressure with 1 foot out the door

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Well you answer my question . It's easiest thing in the world to say it isn't his fault

He is a major part for me why we don't win big games and will continue to do . As long as he is there

We won't win big games as long as 90% of that team are there and for you to isolate one player is a fuckin joke 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

You pick 2 games, think of how many drab and shambolic performances this season we have had, how many games did the likes of ferguson, gough etc go into hiding or be missing as captain, look at fernando, fucking carried us at times, has tav ever carried this team? 

come on mate -  its more than two games - that is simply too recent ones I picked - like IN THE LAST WEEK.

I don't know if he has carried us in all honesty - but he does try to get involved when it isnt going right and I think this criticism is totally unwarranted. 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I said in my post mate, i dont see him as captain material. The 2nd question is madness really. Are we now only rating players who vhange games from the jaws of defeat? The players who dont do that are just branded pish?

Try my 2 questions, 1) who would be your captain and 2) who would you replace tav with and keep the same assists and goals he brings?

Madness is not an answer

Anyone and Sell him asap would be my answers

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Mcgregor would be perfect if he played outfield, a captain would preferably be be cm or dc for me, tavs had more good games than bad, a would say our 3rd best performer behind morelos and mcgregor, us drawing has nothing to do with tavernier being captain or not though.

8 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

and see when he's no injured how many goals has he cost us, how many has he created could put the Tav one to bed - one of the few players we'd be able to sell on 

I honestly think your a young lad . I guess you have never seen the glory days when winners were playing for us every week

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Madness is not an answer

Anyone and Sell him asap would be my answers

It is fucking madness. Tell me one player with the exception of Morelos who has changed a game from the jaws of defeat? Nobody yet you single out Tav...as usual. Your answers are shite as well. Just create problems but have no solutions.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I honestly think your a young lad . I guess you have never seen the glory days when winners were playing for us every week

I think thats your problem mate. You still think we are in the glory days. We almost died just a few short years ago and we are still recovering. To be challenging for a title in this short time would be an achievemennt at any other team. We have been spoiled during the Murray era to the point where we were entitled tonwin every game. Its changed days my friend.