What the fuck is going wrong and how do we fix it?

born a blue nose

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Need to add more depth of quality. The squad is thin in terms if that such that we can't afford injuries. 

Also the manager needs to adapt better to the injurues. Better going 442 and being more direct than playing 3 duff midfielders including Coulibally as advanced mid, which defies belief.

Fucking spot on. I'm cringing at folk on Facebook saying they thought we dominated midfield today, praising Ross and Ryan. Aye, they made good tackles but we let Hibs just stroll around at times. 433 you need to dominate the ball or you'll forever be chasing about or back, losing effectiveness further forward. The obsession with 433 when we don't have the quality players available to play it is killing us. 

12 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Good comment. Let’s not forget that it’s a tainted run.  

I'm sure no bear wide and far will ever stop reminding them brother. 

They count titles during world wars. 

They count titles during decades of gut wrenching child abuse.

They count titles during years when their main rival toils in unjustified doldrums. 

We count Titles That Matter. 

Because, We are The People, brother. 

2 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Why not, its not as if he is going to get money to change things around, also the players he has brought to the club aren't good enough either. We are not any further forward than last year, its a team of losers and this manager can't make the difference either, four points lost against a shite hibs team just isn't good enough, season over.

Good, hopefully you give your season ticket to someone that actually wants to go, obviously since the season is over you don't want to go anymore?

3 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Says everything that Pena is our top scoring midfielder. He's free to play for us in January, he was shite but got himself into great positions.

Averaged a goal every 3 games for us. Could he maintain that over a full season though? Who knows.

15 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

List what you think. 

We're fucking steam rollering teams, yet losing or drawing. 

We're having more possession, more attacking opportunities, more corners, better players. But drawing or losing. 

I heard the commentary evaluation today saying it was hard to pick a MOTM. 

We just lost, yes lost 2 points at home to the junkies. 

I'm not stupid, there where decent (not motm) performances 

But how the fuck do we fix this. This is not Rangers, we do not have MOTM performance players drawing at home to junk balls. 

In a small note, if this 'negative' thread gets wiped I won't be back. Time to face the truth. The pedophile ring club have just pulled off a league winning performance at the sheep. Now is not the time for niceties 

Said on another thread midfield to front, apart from Morelos we are rotten, need a complete new midfield three and that's just for starters  

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Nah. I don't even think the manager should be in question. Gerrard will stop their tainted run. 

That's one million percent not the question brother. He's the man, what I want to know is how do we find his tools.

A bad workman always blames his tools.  Firmly believe that we dont have the quality of player however i also believe that a very good manager can get more out of poor players.  As it stands ibelieve we have by far the 2nd best squad in the league by a long shot unfortunately i believe we dont have a manager currently capable  of organising a settled squad best suited to utilise the players available.  

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

I'm sure no bear wide and far will ever stop reminding them brother. 

They count titles during world wars. 

They count titles during decades of gut wrenching child abuse.

They count titles during years when their main rival toils in unjustified doldrums. 

We count Titles That Matter. 

Because, We are The People, we brother. 

👍 👍 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 

We need quality, we’re crying out for it. 

Coulibaly, Halliday and a couple of others have to be squad players. 

We need 2 starters in the middle of the park and a quality striker to give us an option to play with 2 up top. Lafferty isn’t good enough and should be 3rd choice. 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Barisic 

Arfield Morelos are all good enough to be title winners. 

Candeias and Jack might be able to push in there but we’re just screaming out for quality especially in the middle. 

I hope it comes in January and we can still make a fist of it

Just now, rabc10000 said:

A bad workman always blames his tools.  Firmly believe that we dont have the quality of player however i also believe that a very good manager can get more out of poor players.  As it stands ibelieve we have by far the 2nd best squad in the league by a long shot unfortunately i believe we dont have a manager currently capable  of organising a settled squad best suited to utilise the players available.  

I used my tools comment as a double psyche comment on the idiots who blame Gerrard. Not you personally as I value your opinion, but Gerrard is most definitely not to blame here. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

I used my tools comment as a double psyche comment on the idiots who blame Gerrard. Not you personally as I value your opinion, but Gerrard is most definitely not to blame here. 

Yes i know but i firmly believe gerrard is a big part of the problem persisting with the 433 system when we dont have the players to do so.  Really think he should choose a team and formation that suits the players available rather than ask players to perform roles that is beyond their ability

20 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

List what you think. 

We're fucking steam rollering teams, yet losing or drawing. 

We're having more possession, more attacking opportunities, more corners, better players. But drawing or losing. 

I heard the commentary evaluation today saying it was hard to pick a MOTM. 

We just lost, yes lost 2 points at home to the junkies. 

I'm not stupid, there where decent (not motm) performances 

But how the fuck do we fix this. This is not Rangers, we do not have MOTM performance players drawing at home to junk balls. 

In a small note, if this 'negative' thread gets wiped I won't be back. Time to face the truth. The pedophile ring club have just pulled off a league winning performance at the sheep. Now is not the time for niceties 

Firstly we aren't steamrolling anyone, secondly we don't have better players. We have more players and one or two with some quality but Jack, Coulibaly, Mccrorrie, Candeias, Lafferty, Halliday, Worrell, etc are no better than most Aberdeen/Hibs players.

Thirdly, we have an overly cautious manager in the dugout who wants to stand chewing his jacket rather than doung anything that night actually change the game. 

He was known as a player, by Capello amongst others, for being tactically braindead but at least he had ambition, dig and he positively affected games. He's still tactically braindead but he's lost the ambition and positivity.

20 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Nah. I don't even think the manager should be in question. Gerrard will stop their tainted run. 

That's one million percent not the question brother. He's the man, what I want to know is how do we find his tools.

We are we "finding his tools"? Isn't that his job? You just can't bring yourself to concede he's doing a very average job. 

I don't think we should get rid of him or anything like that but he's got as much improving to do as the players. 

1.) We have no captain.  Something we should have addressed in 2012 but in any case now lack leadership.  We have to bite the bullet with this one and look at (a) former player who will bring that to the outfield, similar to McGregor.

2.) Tavernier needs to become dropable and stripped of captaincy for the good of the club.  He is a good servant but he's not a leader and he's becoming too comfortable.

3.) The rolling subs each game has to stop.  Now.  Find a solid 11 and stick with it.

4.) Shooting practice.  We are so predictable now that I can almost guarantee that every attack we do will stem from running down either wing.

My opinion.

Pretty much every creative player we have are injured. We have no real attacking midfielder to link play up, Lafferty isn't good enough to be back up striker in this team.

We sort it by bringing in better quality players and giving them a run in the team. We sort it by backin the team and manager. We wont sort it by getting rid of the management team and starting from scratch again.

Just now, cushynumber said:

anybody that says sack the manager is on very shaky ground.

We all said we had shite players last season and that Gerrard had brought better players this season, yet we are still in a struggling situation making the same old mistakes and the same old tactics of going wide and punting in balls( its the only tactic we have and we are not very good at it) that cost the previous managers to get sacked and Gerrard doesn't look to have any other answers either.

I don't think they will bump him, but I can't see where he can take us with the quality of players we are looking at to turn it around.

5 minutes ago, gsa said:

We are we "finding his tools"? Isn't that his job? You just can't bring yourself to concede he's doing a very average job. 

I don't think we should get rid of him or anything like that but he's got as much improving to do as the players. 

Have you intentionally forgot we have a director of football or has your rugby heed been battered into retardation? 

@Blue Avengertoday is the first day this season I've realised you're right, Tav should not be the captain.