What the fuck is going wrong and how do we fix it?

born a blue nose

42 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m not the biggest fan of Lafferty either but in a team short of goals what do you do?

Continue with a system that isn’t working, a system with square pegs in round holes or do you change the system to include a guy who there’s a chance can get you a goal.

Hibs played 4-4-2 against the tarriers the other week and ran over top of them.

Has Gerrard got the bottle or do we persist with the negative tactics!

Imho I think we would be better playing a 442 and skip the fancy shit, just make us a solid workman hard as fuck 442.

Of course we all want better players but we should still be doing better with what weve got .

Too many times we are not killing teams off . If we're not two goals up after 80 minutes we seem to go into panic mode and fall apart . Happened today , happened away to Motherwell and nearly happened against Hamilton a few weeks ago . I'm not sure if it's instructions from the bench or the players themselves panicking . Whatever it is , it's hurting us .

players not good enough 

manager not learning from mistakes 

important window coming up and winter break to recharge the batteries of a few players 

we have to beat them on Saturday or its curtains in terms of the league we are far to inconsistent 

im getting frustrated now about how often this team is letting us down 

47 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

6 wins in 16 is fucking atrocious in anybody's book. Iam going to cut him and the players a bit of slack due to the amount of european games, but things better improve starting from Saturday.

6 wins in 16 would have any previous Rangers manager of the last 10/15 years getting hounded by the supporters and on the brink of getting the sack 

Just shows how much the support has bought into this whole Gerrard is a good manager shite that there's barely a word being said about it

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

6 wins in 16 would have any previous Rangers manager of the last 10/15 years getting hounded by the supporters and on the brink of getting the sack 

Just shows how much the support has bought into this whole Gerrard is a good manager shite that there's barely a word being said about it

I doubt we are buying into him being a good manager as he is untried, but more about the legend and icon that Gerrard undoubtedly is and we want him to be a good manager.

Whilst we drop points, this squad is new and not over endowed with quality. I do see the signs that he will go on to be a great manager, but it's very early days for him as a manager.

We sit second with the second highest budget, versus the scum who have a wage bil of 60 mil. Says it all really.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I doubt we are buying into him being a good manager as he is untried, but more about the legend and icon that Gerrard undoubtedly is and we want him to be a good manager.

Whilst we drop points, this squad is new and not over endowed with quality. I do see the signs that he will go on to be a great manager, but it's very early days for him as a manager.

We sit second with the second highest budget, versus the scum who have a wage bil of 60 mil. Says it all really.

Exactly, he's untried and in my opinion, should never have got the job in the first place. For some reason though, you can't say a bad word against the guy or you're not supporting the team etc etc 

We've been utter shite since the first half of the 3-1 against Hearts at home a few months ago & have been lucky not to drop more points than we have 

The money side of things, aye the taigs have a massive gulf on us but they've been off the boil this season & this was our chance to get a foothold in because we know they'll eventually go back to beating the St Mirren's/Dundee's etc every week. The league isn't lost in the matches against them, it's lost in the games against Aberdeen, Dundee, Hibs, Livingston, Motherwell, all teams we should be beating most of the time with our budget 

We have been the better team in every game we have dropped points in other than the scum game. And we have created good goal scoring oppertunities but out with morelos we do not have the players with enough quality to finish the opposition off. We also have too many players that hide when the going gets tough in other fixtures. And until we spend some decent money on quality we will continue to drop points even in the games where we are the better team.

The chairman knows how to fix it by his own words.

“We needed Champions League football, and if we went into the Europa League we were in trouble because the cost structure was so high.

“Take that away for one season and it will change the numbers on the celtic side very quickly.

“celtic have the comfort levels we once had of knowing we were going to get Champions League money.

“We have to take that away from them and hopefully we have started that process last Friday with the appointment of Steven Gerrard.”

What’s wrong..

We do not have an effective leader on the park - no easy fix but Tav is not the man for the job, or if he is he’s hiding it well.

We lack creativity in the middle of the park, we played 3 CDM’s today ffs! - buy at least one player who has a bit of guile and can link play between the CM’s, wings and striker and possibly chip in with a few goals.

We chop and change the centre half’s like it’s a game of musical defenders - pick 2 and stick with them, we should know our strongest pairing at this stage.

We have wingers who play on the wing but don’t really do winger things like consistently beat men and put accurate crosses in the box.

We don’t have much of a plan B outwith the 4-3-3.

we rely on Morelos for goals far too much, we need another striker who can be relied on to pick up some slack if Morelos’s form drops or is injured/suspended.

Its all things that can be put right but won’t happen overnight. We should wait to see the lay of the land after January at the very least. I’m prepared to give our inexperienced manager time mostly because another rebuild might send me into a deep depression! 

7 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

buy at least one player who has a bit of guile and can link play between the CM’s, wings and striker and possibly chip in with a few goals.

We had Windass who could do that and we sold him without getting a proper replacement in.

I know he had a lot of faults, but letting him go without anybody in the squad who offers what he did - direct running at players, committing defenders, offering a goal threat from midfield - was a bad decision.

Just now, DBBTB said:

We had Windass who could do that and we sold him without getting a proper replacement in.

I know he had a lot of faults, but letting him go without anybody in the squad who offers what he did - direct running at players, committing defenders, offering a goal threat from midfield - was a bad decision.

I hated Windass but it's clear we're missing a player like him.  Finding a CAM should be high on the list of priorities during the month of January.  

39 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

We have been the better team in every game we have dropped points in other than the scum game. And we have created good goal scoring oppertunities but out with morelos we do not have the players with enough quality to finish the opposition off. We also have too many players that hide when the going gets tough in other fixtures. And until we spend some decent money on quality we will continue to drop points even in the games where we are the better team.

Fully agree with this. 

We haven't been able to do this because each summer it's another mass rebuild.

Having to replace our first 11 means quantity over quailty.

Next 2 windows we need to add quailty into the side. Key area of course being midfield  That means the board having to come up with funds. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I’d love to agree with you but I couldn’t stick that cunt.

Could produce moments of magic like his early strike against the taigs when we lost 3-2 and then could also go missing for 80minutes just like he done in the same game.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

A staggering decision tbh.

I know he had his weaknesses but to get rid of a goalscoring midfielder, bearing in mind he also showed he can score against tarriers, Aberdeen, Hibs etc and not replace him was a terrible decision.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I hated Windass but it's clear we're missing a player like him.  Finding a CAM should be high on the list of priorities during the month of January.  

Yeah he had a lot of flaws and long term he wouldn’t have been the answer, but we badly need a player with the sort of x factor he offered at the moment.

It’s a weird one how we let him go with such little fuss and then just a few weeks later Allen & Gerrard were in the paper talking about how we needed a number 10.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I know he had his weaknesses but to get rid of a goalscoring midfielder, bearing in mind he also showed he can score against tarriers, Aberdeen, Hibs etc and not replace him was a terrible decision.

We should have got another CAM in I agree. 

But windass was at times a man down. If he didn't score he disappeared. 

I guarantee in a game like today he would have done his Houdini act. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The offer on the table at the time was probably too good to turn down but it’s the lack of a replacement after selling him that I don’t understand.

Looks even worse when we had Allen & Gerrard in the papers a few weeks later bemoaning our lack of a number 10 and how it was a priority in January.

Windaas was frustrating but at least he had some form of end product. If you offered me him or Grezda it’s an absolute no brainer.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Perhaps but by the same token you wouldn’t have been surprised if he came up with a goal to win us in the game the games we dropped points in at Easter Road and Dens Park.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Like Candeias, Middleton, Coulibaly etc did?

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Perhaps but by the same token you wouldn’t have been surprised if he came up with a goal to win us in the game the games we dropped points in at Easter Road and Dens Park.

Windass wanted to be played as a forward and decided to leave himself when his demands weren't met, fuck all to do with us 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Like Candeias, Middleton, Coulibaly etc did?

Windass could easily do the same.

There were a ton of games especially after the 3-2 loss at ibrox were he went missing and didn't contribute. 

There was no middle ground with him, either he scored or he was anonymous. 

When we let him go we needed to get someone that could produce with much more consistency.

Allan and Gerrard screwed up on that one.