"Almost the perfect season " so far

eejay the dj

Seems SG thinks we are 1 result away from the perfect start to the season 

Having failed to win against any of our top rivals in 7 games 

I seriously hope this is some sort of motivational shite for our players 

Olr is he trying to talk his own self up in the media 🤔

One thing is certain .It's miles away from being the perfect start to the season for me. Even with a win tomorrow .

At best .Our first win in 13 OF games will make it only acceptable 

It will be magnificent to finally win one of these .It has been 7 fucking years 

These players better stand up and be counted .For a change 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

He actually said "we are a few results away from having had an almost perfect start to the season"

I take it he's meaning Aberdeen away, Motherwell away and hibs twice cause if as our play deserved in those 4 games we got the victory then we would be sitting pretty right now.

Suppose you could throw in the spartak double header.

I got What he meant without getting upset tbh

Very sensible breakdown of what he said👍

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He actually said "we are a few results away from having had an almost perfect start to the season"

I take it he's meaning Aberdeen away, Motherwell away and hibs twice cause if as our play deserved in those 4 games we got the victory then we would be sitting pretty right now.

For me a win in Europe and a win against the scum would have put us in an almost perfect position.

It is debatable which games SG meant but the jist was that he regrets that we are only a couple of results away from where we want to be. 

I really don't see anything wrong with him saying it. In fact, I agree with him.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Each and every person on here would of took this start away back on June 15th course we've had some bad performances but win tomorrow and its been a good 6months without a doubt

To not win in 9 games out of twenty I know no cunt who would take that our only good fortune is they have been poor as well.

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Seems SG thinks we are 1 result away
🤔

^^ can't shift the smiley

He doesn't say one result, but a couple and really, with all things considered, that would probably be correct. We were always gonna drop points, but a result in Moscow,  and a win each off both hivs and Aberdeen and it's a totally different outlook. No point looking back only forward

I saw the interview and cringed about when I heard few could results away from a perfect season so far.

but having digested that I can see what he means.  3-4 more wins and coupled with Europe we’re talking massive progress on last year.   Him and his staff would’ve set a points target for the break and that’s what he’s be judging it by.

unfortunatley we’re at a similar points total to this time last year and also trailing celtic 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

To not win in 9 games out of twenty I know no cunt who would take that our only good fortune is they have been poor as well.

Stats can be used in anyway u wish mate. Win tomorrow we are joint top everyone would've took that back on day 1 

If we turned a couple of draws in the league into wins we'd be top of the league and we would all have been delighted with that.

If we managed to score one goal in Europe, where we competed in every game (sometimes bettering the opposition) we could be in the last 32.

If we turned our dominant performance (which admittedly lacked creativity and cutting edge) against the sheep in the semi final we would have been in final.

Of course it's all if buts and maybes but if taken in context we've not been that far away from a perfect 6 months. Our record against certain teams, our points total, our goals scored don't even necessarily matter, providing we reach the end goal. That's  ALL that matters. If we win the league without beating rival teams, less goals and the lowest points total ever it's irrelevant.

Win tomorrow and we're joint top. IMO it would make for a very good 6 months work taking everything into consideration.

20 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

One thing is certain .It's miles away from being the perfect start to the season for me. Even with a win tomorrow .

Sorry, what?

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Stats can be used in anyway u wish mate. Win tomorrow we are joint top everyone would've took that back on day 1 

Being joint top in December means absolutely nothing it's as relevant as hearts being out in front at the start of the season.

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Cunts are just looking for things to be upset about now.

I'm no upset bud

I just don't agree with the almost perfect part .And I'm absolutely certain the same people on here won't be so accepting if we were to lose tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm no upset bud

I just don't agree with the almost perfect part .And I'm absolutely certain the same people on here won't be so accepting if we were to lose tomorrow 

If we had got a couple more results in our favour we’d be top of the league which would be perfect going into the winter break. That’s all he’s saying. 

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Being joint top in December means absolutely nothing it's as relevant as hearts being out in front at the start of the season.

It means nothing if u don't wanna see the positives I agree but considering everything a win tomorrow would be massive

30 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

*PUTS TIN HAT ON*

Gerrard is typical of the type of world class player turned manager. He cant seem to understand his players dont play at the level he can.  While he grabbed games by the scruff of the neck as a player he appears to be deeply rooted in the "academy" management style where, after dropping stupid points he then hits out with wind and pish comments and motivational nonsense to cover just how bad his team are at trying to get a job done. Hes proved fuck all so far in my eyes and i think we would have been better suited to neil warnock/tony pulis as a manager than SG. Admittedly it would be turgid pish but it would have got results. We need to stop Torbett f.c from doing 10 and i hope its SG who is the one to do it but lately its becomming apparent we are running out of time.  

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Psychologically beating them tomorrow and being neck and neck with the scum going into the break is massive mate 

33 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

How could anyone on here possibly manage that?! 😅

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Psychologically beating them tomorrow and being neck and neck with the scum going into the break is massive mate 

Agree that would be a massive boost but that's more down to us looking terrified against them and some players hiding when we play them we need to beat them to get rid of that. 

We need to beat them the league positions not as relevant now.

Yup, if he'd said we were one game away from the perfect season it would definitely be a little irritating. 

Obviously he didn't, though. Sweet. nothing worse than feeling a bit irritated over the Xmas period.