Andy Halliday's Block And All Round Performance

TopCat

14 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

From getting subbed and the taigs singing his name, to this immense performance.

Been solid as fuck any time he's been called on this season to be fair.

Delighted for him, living our dreams.

Griffiths laughing at him as well,whose laughing now?

In all seriousness, Halliday has been fantastic the whole season. He got tons of stick in the past while never really being that bad, just maybe not good enough. But this season whenever he's been called up he's been top class. I was raging when Barisic got ruled out for this game and I'm sure he'd have played great and produced some good chances and crosses himself, but I'm so glad Halliday was playing that much over him now. That block near the end of the match was stunning bravery which you might not get from someone who isn't Halliday. 

Always loved his attitude even when times were tough. Always thought with his attitude and mindset to succeed he'd do, although it was beginning to look like it wouldn't be with us. 

Well what a turnaround for the guy. Deserves this moment and I'm sure he'll be on cloud nine. Hope he can kick on from here and cement his place in the team. 

He was fantastic today. Probably his best performance for us.

Said for years, used correctly, Halliday is an excellent guy to have in this squad. Versatile, tries hard and knows what it is all about.

He will never be the most talented Rangers player, but... he offers things nobody else offers, or ever could offer. He has turned into a reliable squad player.

Strength of character too, shipped out on loan to Azerbaijan, being a boo boy, to bouncing back.

Every squad needs a guy like him.