Andy Halliday's Block And All Round Performance

TopCat

59 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I don't think Barisic has even had a game for us which is over a 7/10!

Halliday at least would bring a bit of urgency as opposed to Barisic swanning about the park not giving a fuck.

You forget that Halliday made two fantastic tackles and a goal line clearance against Kilmarnock as well. The only thing that Barisic has which can be important is his delivery, especially from set pieces. But Andy 100% deserves to start against Kilmarnock and win back his jersey. 

Halliday’s ‘urgency’ once we have the ball is mostly just lobbing aimless balls in the general direction of the opposition box. 

He does it about 3/4 times a half and it will never, ever lead to a goal. I extrapolate that to his entire game and hate him unreasonably because of it.

Halliday has been fucking shocking far many more times than he's been good.

He's been praised for mediocre performances he's had no right to be praised for.

He was unbelievably good against the scum but that's a one in a season performance.

Wish some cunt would make a video of the times Barisic won the ball back for us yesterday and played it out well in tight spaces.

Yes the cross towards the end was woeful and yes he was lucky not to lose the ball a couple of times missing it completely when he went to pass it. But he's fucking miles better than Halliday in every aspect of his game.

14 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's been praised for mediocre performances he's had no right to be praised for.

He was unbelievably good against the scum but that's a one in a season performance.

Wish some cunt would make a video of the times Barisic won the ball back for us yesterday and played it out well in tight spaces.

Yes the cross towards the end was woeful and yes he was lucky not to lose the ball a couple of times missing it completely when he went to pass it. But he's fucking miles better than Halliday in every aspect of his game.

Halliday has been fucking shocking far many more times than he's been good ?

Dunno what you have been watching this season , Haliday has put in far better performances than Barisic has anytime I have seen him........

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Dunno what you have been watching this season , Haliday has put in far better performances than Barisic has anytime I have seen him........

You need a question mark at the end of your 1st para or you've gone well contradictory 😁

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

'Shocking' was too strong in fairness.

Chuffed for Halliday that he managed to sample beating them after what happened last season, more so because he did it by putting in one of the best performances on the pitch.

But as much as Barisic needs to improve he's still looking a level above Halliday. Better defensively and better with the ball. Others clearly disagree but I think Halliday's average performance is far from good enough.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

'Shocking' was too strong in fairness.

Chuffed for Halliday that he managed to sample beating them after what happened last season, more so because he did it by putting in one of the best performances on the pitch.

But as much as Barisic needs to improve he's still looking a level above Halliday. Better defensively and better with the ball. Others clearly disagree but I think Halliday's average performance is far from good enough.

We all know long term Andy is not the answer , but this season he hasnt put a foot wrong and actually puts a shift in unlike most of the dross around him.

I like many on here thought Barisic looked a player early on , now the guy looks like a nightmare signing and is nowhere near good enough to start before Andy.

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We all know long term Andy is not the answer , but this season he hasnt put a foot wrong and actually puts a shift in unlike most of the dross around him.

I like many on here thought Barisic looked a player early on , now the guy looks like a nightmare signing and is nowhere near good enough to start before Andy.

I know we're going to disagree here but positionally when played in midfield he's been caught out loads of times. Passed the ball straight out of play under no pressure a number of times as well. Doesn't create much and like others mentioned his default from left back is a long punt.

He's done fantastically well for the squad and I'm happy to have him in and about it. Can't fault his effort at all.

Criticism for Barisic's performance yesterday is way over the top though and for me he's just simply a far better player.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I know we're going to disagree here but positionally when played in midfield he's been caught out loads of times. Passed the ball straight out of play under no pressure a number of times as well. Doesn't create much and like others mentioned his default from left back is a long punt.

He's done fantastically well for the squad and I'm happy to have him in and about it. Can't fault his effort at all.

Criticism for Barisic's performance yesterday is way over the top though and for me he's just simply a far better player.

At FB position this season Andy has been a far better player , will agree to disagree 👍

Just now, The Dude said:

If Andy Halliday didn't grow up on Copland Road nobody would give a fuck.

He could live in Royston for all I care. He's got the best form at left back of all players played there this season.

He's not the long term solution, but he's the best right now solution. 

Where he grew up seems to concern only those who want to portray the picture that others are more interested in his background than current performances.

43 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He could live in Royston for all I care. He's got the best form at left back of all players played there this season.

He's not the long term solution, but he's the best right now solution. 

Where he grew up seems to concern only those who want to portray the picture that others are more interested in his background than current performances.

Not sure about the 'best form' of any left back we've had this season. He's contributed less than Barisic going forward and other than the odd block here and there I can't really think of him doing much defensively either.

I don't think some are more interested in his background than performances but I do think his background gives him much more leeway than others for bog average performances.

Just now, The Dude said:

Not sure about the 'best form' of any left back we've had this season. He's contributed less than Barisic going forward and other than the odd block here and there I can't really think of him doing much defensively either.

I don't think some are more interested in his background than performances but I do think his background gives him much more leeway than others for bog average performances.

He's been more consistent for me, and defensively better. Going forward Barisic has put in some great crosses but has been absolutely rank overall at times too.

Between Halliday, Barisic and Flanagan for me it's a no brainer that the one who has been most consistent, failed to let us down, done what he is capable of well is Halliday. 

Comparison between what I've seen, not based on reputation or background. The only part of the background aspect I'm bothered by is him, as a Rangers fan who was slated by the scum fans being now able to hold his head high again. But I'm not giving leeway as part of it. 

Barisic is a huge disappointment, Flanagan dross and now thankfully out of the picture.