*Official Rangers Vs. Chelsea Thread*

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Charlie Adam play today?

Let me take a guess, utter p*sh?

thats the vibe im getting on here, I canny stand the guy.

Neither can I, he's a waste of a jersey.

Good performance all round apart from CA who until was subbed in the second half nobody realised he was still on. A new five year contract and playing one of the best teams in the world and never tried a leg. Novo would do a better job than him on Tuesday. :sherlock:

harsh

Can be frustrating but his goals are worth their weight in gold

harsh

We cant afford to carry passengers this season. He's not good enough and a spot on the bench will hopefully be his position.

harsh

We cant afford to carry passengers this season. He's not good enough and a spot on the bench will hopefully be his position.

Fucking pathetic!

Novo's goal

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rSD7FQJoWIY

Great run by Burke and a cracking finnish by Novo.

Exceptional run by Burkey and nice pass to Novo. Can't believe how much space Nacho had - good to see he made the most of it with belter of a shot.

I couldn't care less if this was only a friendly, I love it when we win and watching that video I realise I love the sound of Ibrox when we score.... bring on the new season

harsh

Fucking pathetic!

Are we really going to go through all this again? Seems some people are disgruntled at how wrong Hutton proved them to be, and are now turning to Charlie Adam for someone to criticise. He is by no means a superstar, but is a decent player and he did not bad today, better than Hemdani i would say actually, who gave the ball away rather a lot. And anyway, he is at least 10 times better than Sebo yet he is adored. He is quite honestly one of the worst footballers i have ever seen play for us, and think he would really struggle to get a game for almost any team in the SPL. I am starting to find the chanting of his name a bit embarrassing, it's not giving him support it's like celebrating the fact that he is so pish but we don't care cos he has a good name to chant. WTF? No amount of support we give him is going to help him anyway, it's football lessons he needs. Or a new career.

Very enjoyable game overall and credit to both sides for putting in genuine heart to the game. Put simply, it was a cracking display from us. Yes, of course, it's a friendly, but who cares? End of the day, we beat Chelsea, and we deserved to do so.

Some ratings (Ahhh, been ages since I did this)

AM: 6.5 Had almost nothing to do but did what he did well enough.

Papac: 6 Reasonable in defence, but pitiful going forward. His crossing was diabolical.

Hutton: 8 Yes, he was exceptional. He looked totally at his level, and Johnson was chasing his shadow for the 45 minutes. Also extremely solid in defensive duties. Hutton is developing into our best Scot since Ferguson, and on current and improving form could easily move into the £5M+ category. If Gordon is worth it, Hutton CERTAINLY is.

Weir: 7 Reliable display.

Cuellar: 9 Almost perfect display. This IS only pre-season but this guy is looking like an extraordinary signing so far.

Hemdani: 5 Lots of loose passes - not one of his better performances.

Ferguson 8.5: As if a fantastic display like this V the second best team in the UK is enough to show his detractors of his quality (!) Looked sharper, leaner, more skillful and just BETTER than anything in Chelsea's midfield. Given sponsors' MOTM. btw, the biggest cheer when the names were read out by the esteemed Mr Cameron was for Ferguson. Looks like the majority of the fans still love him. I wish the minority would keep quiet :D

Adam: 3 Dreadful, abject, slow, pitiful, with simply chronic use of the ball. Last time I saw a display this bad was Burke's inept showing at Love Street last season.

LM: 6 Worked hard and didn't do too much wrong.

JCD: 7 Full of running and movement - and SHOULD have been through 1 on 1 but for a poor offside call.

Boyd: 7 Worked very hard. Yes, Boyd worked hard. Seems to have gained a yard with his loss of weight, and is doing more for the team now.

Subs:

Carroll: 6.5 Same as AM.

Webster: 6 Not really that tested tbh.

Murray: 5 A fair chunk off the pace.

Broadfoot: 6 Decent.

Beasley: 6 Wasn't given the ball enough, and had to come deeper to get involved - oddly doing well in defence in the process. Did set up Sebo's goal though.

Novo: 7.5 The wee man did great. Full effort as always, and deserved his goal which was a cracker.

Sebo: 4 He was mince. Happy to see him score, but one deflected goal is not gonna turn him into Ronaldo.

harsh

Fucking pathetic!

Are we really going to go through all this again? Seems some people are disgruntled at how wrong Hutton proved them to be, and are now turning to Charlie Adam for someone to criticise. He is by no means a superstar, but is a decent player and he did not bad today, better than Hemdani i would say actually, who gave the ball away rather a lot. And anyway, he is at least 10 times better than Sebo yet he is adored. He is quite honestly one of the worst footballers i have ever seen play for us, and think he would really struggle to get a game for almost any team in the SPL. I am starting to find the chanting of his name a bit embarrassing, it's not giving him support it's like celebrating the fact that he is so pish but we don't care cos he has a good name to chant. WTF? No amount of support we give him is going to help him anyway, it's football lessons he needs. Or a new career.

I agree on Sebo but not on Adam. Your comparison with Hutton isn't valid imo because Hutton was never POOR - he was just average and uninspired. He's now developing into something special. Adam isn't showing even mediocrity. He's just poor. He belongs in the first division.

As for saying Adam was better than Hemdani who gave the ball away rather a lot. So did Adam!

Look Gersfan you can go on all you want I HATE Adam not a Rangers first team regular for me!

Hate's a bit strong but it's a bit shambolic to start him as a first pick.

Look Gersfan you can go on all you want I HATE Adam not a Rangers first team regular for me!

Hate's a bit strong but it's a bit shambolic to start him as a first pick.

It is if you heard me during the game, I'd rather Gow played!

Cheers Danny but you missed Burke out, what was he like?

Adam: 3 Dreadful, abject, slow, pitiful, with simply chronic use of the ball

That sums Adam up for me.

better than Hemdani i would say actually, who gave the ball away rather a lot. And anyway, he is at least 10 times better than Sebo yet he is adored.

I'd play Hemdani and Sebo ahead of Adam every single time.