*Official Rangers Vs. Chelsea Thread*

Cheers Danny but you missed Burke out, what was he like?
Adam: 3 Dreadful, abject, slow, pitiful, with simply chronic use of the ball

That sums Adam up for me.

Burke was average. Didn't really impose himself on the game. Hence why I totally forgot about him. He did assist Novo's goal, but that was about it iirc. I'd give him a 5.5.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fat lazy bastard, even Boyd looks better and lost weight!

Burke did really well to set up Novo's goal wasn't on for long!

Just back from the game: Anybody think LM isn't impressive? (yet)

Everyone I have spoken to seem to think he'll make an impact this season based on pre-season.

Everyone I have spoken to seem to think he'll make an impact this season based on pre-season.

LM is alright. We know what we get with him, and he will graft.

Scored more than Boyd and JCD I have to say I may have been wrong with him.

How did Charlie Adam play today?

Let me take a guess, utter p*sh?

thats the vibe im getting on here, I canny stand the guy.

Neither can I, he's a waste of a jersey.

harsh

Can be frustrating but his goals are worth their weight in gold

We cant afford to carry passengers this season. He's not good enough and a spot on the bench will hopefully be his position.

Fucking pathetic!

Are we really going to go through all this again? Seems some people are disgruntled at how wrong Hutton proved them to be, and are now turning to Charlie Adam for someone to criticise. He is by no means a superstar, but is a decent player and he did not bad today, better than Hemdani i would say actually, who gave the ball away rather a lot. And anyway, he is at least 10 times better than Sebo yet he is adored. He is quite honestly one of the worst footballers i have ever seen play for us, and think he would really struggle to get a game for almost any team in the SPL. I am starting to find the chanting of his name a bit embarrassing, it's not giving him support it's like celebrating the fact that he is so pish but we don't care cos he has a good name to chant. WTF? No amount of support we give him is going to help him anyway, it's football lessons he needs. Or a new career.

I agree on Sebo but not on Adam. Your comparison with Hutton isn't valid imo because Hutton was never POOR - he was just average and uninspired. He's now developing into something special. Adam isn't showing even mediocrity. He's just poor. He belongs in the first division.

As for saying Adam was better than Hemdani who gave the ball away rather a lot. So did Adam!

"Hutton was never POOR" - em, well your right i don't think he was, but that definitely wasn't the general feeling of the board at the time, he came in for some of the worst criticism i've witnessed, and i could be wrong (i apologise if i am) but were you not one of his harshest critics? But have since admitted you were wrong and now see what an excellent player he is? I distinctly remember a large number of people on here wanting him sold for whatever we could get for him.

Anyway, it certainly seems to me that Adam is now starting to come in for an awful lot of partly unjustified stick. I AGREE he probably isn't good enough (hopefully yet, possibly never) to be starting regularly in our strongest team, and certainly isn't as good a player as Hutton, but he definitely isn't the worst player in the squad.

"As for saying Adam was better than Hemdani who gave the ball away rather a lot. So did Adam!" - Yeah he did a bit but not as often as Hemdani did, and i didn't say he played great, but i felt he did more off the ball than Hemdani as well and got stuck in more.

To Stardog - I would play Hemdani every time too, i was only talking about today's performance. And I'll assume you are joking about Sebo.

Burke was average. Didn't really impose himself on the game. Hence why I totally forgot about him. He did assist Novo's goal, but that was about it iirc. I'd give him a 5.5.

But, Burke showed what he can do!? With the assist.........

FERGUSON!!!!

WANK!!!

Only wank on this board has just called our captain one.

Fucking Muppet.

:pipegreen:

Spoke to my mates who are on their way back from the match and they said Ferguson was class. They said he looks fit, hungry and arrogant in his play and outshawn some world class players.

Also that Cuellar looks a f*cken fantastic buy (tu)

i tell you what, say what you want about novo, but he barely puts a foot wrong.

Well, I remember him (with one of his first touches) putting it out for a throw in with a right shitey touch

FERGUSON!!!!

WANK!!!

Fucking Muppet.

Spoke to my mates who are on their way back from the match and they said Ferguson was class. They said he looks fit, hungry and arrogant in his play and outshawn some world class players.

Also that Cuellar looks a f*cken fantastic buy (tu)

I was also at the match, and totally agree with the muff-mates!

FERGUSON!!!!

WANK!!!

Fucking Muppet.

Barry was super today

(tu)

That prick was probably listening to a radio run by the mhanks. :craphead:

He certainly wasn't watching the game.

WALTER SMITHS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

WHAT a game!

Outstanding performance, thought we might have had to sub barry because chelsea would probably have wanted to buy him after that performance. the run where barry kept the ball in field and ran up the park was just typical of his whole play, never give up. i dont care if that was a friendly, both teams had strong lineups and wanted to win, novo, terrorised chelsea. yup, can you believe it? i dont care if it was two late goals either, that was fantastic never say die stuff from every player.

Carlos Cuellar, simply outstanding player, 5* buy already.

might have expected a little more from charlie adam today, would have started beasley myself tbh

Supposidly looked every bit as good as Terry and alongside Weir kept Drogba and Shevchenko in their back pockets?

I know its only a friendly but that is still a very hard thing to do(well keep Drogba quiet anyway)

Supposidly looked every bit as good as Terry and alongside Weir kept Drogba and Shevchenko in their back pockets?

I know its only a friendly but that is still a very hard thing to do(well keep Drogba quiet anyway)

Drogba never won a header all day, and I forgot Sheva was playing.

The big mans a class act.

He done well with Webster in the second half as well!

Eck, I'd have rather he'd have played Burke on the right and McCulloch on the left or like you said Beasley rather than Adam!

Lol, Drogba was seriously pissed off.

Shevchenko?

Was he playing.:lol:

How did Charlie Adam play today?

Let me take a guess, utter p*sh?

thats the vibe im getting on here, I canny stand the guy.

Neither can I, he's a waste of a jersey.

harsh

Can be frustrating but his goals are worth their weight in gold

We cant afford to carry passengers this season. He's not good enough and a spot on the bench will hopefully be his position.

Fucking pathetic!

Are we really going to go through all this again? Seems some people are disgruntled at how wrong Hutton proved them to be, and are now turning to Charlie Adam for someone to criticise. He is by no means a superstar, but is a decent player and he did not bad today, better than Hemdani i would say actually, who gave the ball away rather a lot. And anyway, he is at least 10 times better than Sebo yet he is adored. He is quite honestly one of the worst footballers i have ever seen play for us, and think he would really struggle to get a game for almost any team in the SPL. I am starting to find the chanting of his name a bit embarrassing, it's not giving him support it's like celebrating the fact that he is so pish but we don't care cos he has a good name to chant. WTF? No amount of support we give him is going to help him anyway, it's football lessons he needs. Or a new career.

I agree on Sebo but not on Adam. Your comparison with Hutton isn't valid imo because Hutton was never POOR - he was just average and uninspired. He's now developing into something special. Adam isn't showing even mediocrity. He's just poor. He belongs in the first division.

As for saying Adam was better than Hemdani who gave the ball away rather a lot. So did Adam!

"Hutton was never POOR" - em, well your right i don't think he was, but that definitely wasn't the general feeling of the board at the time, he came in for some of the worst criticism i've witnessed, and i could be wrong (i apologise if i am) but were you not one of his harshest critics? But have since admitted you were wrong and now see what an excellent player he is? I distinctly remember a large number of people on here wanting him sold for whatever we could get for him.

I was probably his worst critic of all, but I never said he was poor. I said he was mediocre and not good enough. And the way he was, that was certainly true. He has come on beautfully and I am happy he's proved me wrong long term (tu)

HOWEVER: before the leg break he showed plenty sign of being special...

Anyway, it certainly seems to me that Adam is now starting to come in for an awful lot of partly unjustified stick. I AGREE he probably isn't good enough (hopefully yet, possibly never) to be starting regularly in our strongest team, and certainly isn't as good a player as Hutton, but he definitely isn't the worst player in the squad.

...Something Charlie Adam never has.

As for your point above, I would currently disagree. Who is worse?

"As for saying Adam was better than Hemdani who gave the ball away rather a lot. So did Adam!" - Yeah he did a bit but not as often as Hemdani did, and i didn't say he played great, but i felt he did more off the ball than Hemdani as well and got stuck in more.

I disagree - Adam completed maybe 30% of all his passes. Hemdani was at least 50%. As for doing more off the ball, no offence m8, and I truly mean this with the highest of respect, but, BS. I watched him off the ball and he was jogging along looking distanced from play. He did next to nothing when he didn't the ball, and much the same when he DID have it...

On this show ... in general ...the signs would appear to be positive, big improvement at the back and over all performance was very encouraging, pleasantly surprised...heres hopeing........ :classier_than_pipeguy:

Drogba and Shevchenko never had a sniff all day bar Sheva turning Cuellar in the first 5 minutes on one occasion.