Welcome To Ibrox Jones + Kamara

BridgeIsBlue

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I don't think so.

Don't think so either, but if they could a player just needs to say "NO!" He's contracted to his present club and doesn't have to leave until contract expires! (Pena, Herrera etc)

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Can they still sell him to someone else for 6 months? Is that even possible?

He is still under contract to them so presume it would be possible for them to try to do it but why would any club sign anyone for six months.  Loan might be more realistic but again why would any club take a player who is going to be protecting himself from any possible injury in that time.   And, as with all transfers, it is ultimately down to the player so he is under no obligation to go anywhere just because some Killie fan’s nose is out of joint.

I completely get why they're annoyed with Jones. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd probably be annoyed too.

But I don't really give a fuck about them because we're the ones benefiting from it.

Wouldn't mind getting him now although I don't know how much impact he'd have with Kent, Middleton and Grezda to compete with on that left hand side.

Lee Wilkie (ex-Dundee) having a go at Kamara now, saying he's not good enough for Rangers.

First quote from him in the article is "I have to admit not to having seen too much of him but I am surprised."

So you haven't seen too much of him but you know he's not good enough?

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/glen-kamara-not-good-enough-for-Rangers-but-celtic-will-be-jittery-says-former-dundee-star/

6 minutes ago, OhW said:

Lee Wilkie (ex-Dundee) having a go at Kamara now, saying he's not good enough for Rangers.

First quote from him in the article is "I have to admit not to having seen too much of him but I am surprised."

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/glen-kamara-not-good-enough-for-Rangers-but-celtic-will-be-jittery-says-former-dundee-star/

Total bellend! Wonder what Kamara was on a week at Dundee and what we will be paying him?

17 minutes ago, OhW said:

Wilkie is a complete lemon.

Kamara is an excellent player. He walks into our side. Jack, Halliday, Coulibaly and rossiter couldn’t hold a candle to him. Arfield the obvious choice at #10. We are definitely stronger for this signing. Jones will contribute, Defoe (depends on how age has affected him - not seen anything of him in over a year so cannot judge).

4 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Kamara walks into any midfield in the league. 

I genuinely believe he contributes more in the next couple of seasons than any other signing. Mark my words.

You have literally never been correct in anything you've said on here.

Just now, Jeffrey said:

You have literally never been correct in anything you've said on here.

Go back to my assessment of Pena and Herrera. Or Barton.

Or shagger and barasic.... 

Morelos and Arfield proving me wrong but not always incorrect.

Morelos still doesn’t score enough against the big teams but clearly is showing he’s not far off the finished article. 

Glad you’re keeping tabs though 👍🏼

34 minutes ago, OhW said:

Brilliant.

The day I take advice from Lee Wilkie on a footballer...let's just take a quick look at his illustrious career.

Dundee

Plymouth loan

Notts County loan 

Falkirk loan

Ross county loan

Dundee United

Guy in my work is in-law related to a Kilmarnock director. Says they were chatting at Xmas time about Jones and the director says they secured 8.5k per week for Jones to sign a new contract, he apparently rejected it as it wasn't close to what Rangers offered. I queried how the fuck Killie would afford 8.5k pw for one player, he says he did too,  but he's adamant that's what the director confirmed. He reckoned they'd only pay it a year or so then sell him for 7 figures. IF true, imo that's some figure we're going to be shelling out on Jones.

45 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I find ir amazing the outrage at Rangers having the audacity to use a scheme to buy a player. 

This comment from the kille supporters chief is hilarious 😂

"It makes a whole mockery of the whole thing that you can actually sign pre-contracts with teams in the same league. "Someone should be looking at that. It’s ridiculous this is happening"

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Can they still sell him to someone else for 6 months? Is that even possible?

Can loan him out I think but can't sell. 

2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

What do yo think Dundee and Kilmarnock are paying their players :lol: 

10k in 5 months, 2k each month, 500 a week. Won't be much more than that, especially at Dundee. Seen a ball park figure of £700 a week for Kamara and £800 for Jones so close enough for me :craphead:

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Can loan him out I think but can't sell. 

10k in 5 months, 2k each month, 500 a week. Won't be much more than that, especially at Dundee. Seen a ball park figure of £700 a week for Kamara and £800 for Jones so close enough for me :craphead:

Kilmarnock's average weekly wage was £1k a week in 2017 apparently. Their better players will be on more (no idea when Jones last signed a contract though) and their younger academy players will be on less