Welcome To Ibrox Jones + Kamara

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, DBBTB said:

Gerrard openly talked about wanting one a couple of months ago.

I must have missed that interview tbf, but going by his teams tactics etc i cant see where an out and out amf/Number 10 fits in our ream.  Tbf i cant see where that type of player fits in a 433 formation.  I fully get what gerrard is going for and imho our wide front players have been the ones to let us down to an extent.  For me imo our opinion our wide forwards are exactly that and far too wide.  

Fwiw with a number10 we change formation to a 4213 in that case we would need 2 amfs but obv enough dmfs to cover the 2 positions 

1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

Now it’s confirmed they’ll both be leaving on a free hopefully we can make a small offer to get them in this month and Kilmarnock and Dundee will accept thinking along the lines it’s better to get anything for them rather than nothing especially when they’re going to need to get replacements in!

It all depends if Kilmarnock and Dundee see their absence as the difference between Europe/no Europe amnd relegation/safety.

31 minutes ago, Sket said:

I'd like to think we'll be making a bid for Kent to bring him in permanently. We'll be weaker if he is replaced with Jones,Kent is by far the better player.

Liverpool don’t let their youth go cheaply and it would’ve cost several million to bring Kent here permanently.  Jones, on the otherhand, is a free transfer and probably on a fraction of the wages Kent would’ve asked for.  The financial gulf between a Jones transfer, and a Kent transfer, is vast.

For what it’s worth, I do see similarities in Kent and Jones.  Both are full of running, hard working, help their full-back, and fill the same position and role.  I agree Kent is the better of the two but is he millions of pounds better?  I don’t think so.

6 minutes ago, ben51 said:

There's £240k difference between finishing 3rd and 4th in the SPFL, so I can't see Jones coming. 

As for Kamara I think it's more likely. Especially if we pay in instalments. 

We already have Kent, Middleton, and Murphy in the way back.  I really don’t think we need Jones this window.  

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

Liverpool don’t let their youth go cheaply and it would’ve cost several million to bring Kent here permanently.  Jones, on the otherhand, is a free transfer and probably on a fraction of the wages Kent would’ve asked for.  The financial gulf between a Jones transfer, and a Kent transfer, is vast.

For what it’s worth, I do see similarities in Kent and Jones.  Both are full of running, hard working, help their full-back, and fill the same position and role.  I agree Kent is the better of the two but is he millions of pounds better?  I don’t think so.

Yes far better player every day of the week imo ,never know jones could step up when he comes but for me not even close the talent at the moment  

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

I do.

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

Liverpool don’t let their youth go cheaply and it would’ve cost several million to bring Kent here permanently.  

Liverpool have let the majority of their younger players who aren’t going to make it with them go for transfer fees that shouldn’t be unrealistic to us. The only two they have sold for massive fees are Ibe and Solanke.

Good feeling about Kamara in the long term. 

Really, really hope we go all out for Kent permanently, especially if there’s truth in the rumour we could get him for a fair price. Going into a new season with Jones and Murphy as our left wingers would be a significant step backwards.  

Smart Business, if Kent returns to Liverpool in  the summer Jones replaces him, unless we get Kent again either on loan or permanent or another winger either way good squad player. Kamara will replace Lassana if we don't make it permanent and he returns to Angers in the summer, Kamara is only 23 so has potential, all in all good both good deals for us.