Ryan Kent - The most settled I have ever been at a club!

LegendofCoop

18 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

There's no doubt he's got quality. I'd worry that the EPL prices would make him unattainable for us though, as playing strongly for us is only going to add to his value. 

Given his potential Liverpool would likely want north of 5-6 million for him, likely more which i'd imagine is just out of our price range. EPL teams seem to want to keep their better young players and let them go on loan. An example was Roberts at celtic who I thought was decent for them but City were happy demanding big money (I think 8-9 million they asked) and loaning him again. 

I think the big difference there though is that City spent the best part of 15 million signing Roberts from Fulham. 

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

We are the 5th  club he has been on loan to since 2015/16 and he seems to have found his "home" great little player with huge potential, if we sign this one up that will be tremendous business and add that to the list of already impressive signings.

According to wiki he has played 106 games with a solitary one in a cup game for Liverpool.

I'd like too think (and hope) that his desire to stay would go a long way to letting Liverpool let him sign permanently

Was talking about him today and how plenty of fans wanted shot of him after just a couple of games. The wee man is thriving here and even if he never had this article to say it, you can see it in the way he is playing and his confidence is sky high and he does not go into his shell when something doesn't come off for him.

Great wee player, would be delighted if we managed to get him as a permanent signing.

Would be a great signing, probably the biggest since the Advocaat years if we could pull it off. To get him in our price bracket though we'd need to offer a few clauses in with it, like a sell on percentage and buy back price, the latter of which would be tempting if he does start reaching his potential. This guy is worth at least £10m in the market down there so need Allen to pull off something special. 

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

Think we got a chance of signing him tbh 

Need to get in early as there will be plenty after him if he keeps this form up and he's just going to get better. I love his ability, but his fucking commitment in games is a breath of fresh air. In saying that, the commitment shown from others in the scum game was a breath of, so maybe that Stevie G commitment shown as a player is rubbing off and giving us an added ingredient..

The combination of Gerrard and the club itself may just swing it and and quite a few sheckles from Dave of course. 

39 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Was talking about him today and how plenty of fans wanted shot of him after just a couple of games. The wee man is thriving here and even if he never had this article to say it, you can see it in the way he is playing and his confidence is sky high and he does not go into his shell when something doesn't come off for him.

Great wee player, would be delighted if we managed to get him as a permanent signing.

Only getting better too. Long post last time but anything around £5m then it’s good business. Boy wants to stay and fuck me what a talent he could become 

edit; I will hold my hands up, not saying I wanted him chased but was sceptical at what he’d offer. Chuffed to be wrong though. 

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

Only getting better too. Long post last time but anything around £5m then it’s good business. Boy wants to stay and fuck me what a talent he could become 

Also the quality of the signings are getting much better, we are now capable of attracting players who until recently would not have given us a 2nd glance, and good players attract good players.

3 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

edit; I will hold my hands up, not saying I wanted him chased but was sceptical at what he’d offer. Chuffed to be wrong though. 

Yip, he is growing as a player as his self-confidence grows, he is an integral part of our team now and the board need to find a way to keep him here. 

Both Kent and Gerrard would both like if they had the chance to work together again next season.

Plenty people were sceptical mate but it just shows what a little bit of patience can bring, I'm glad Stevie has more patience than us:lol:

I can see us getting Kent for about 2m don’t see him being very expensive tbh let’s face it he’s not making it at Liverpool any time soon, even if I’m wrong it’s a win win for both if Liverpool insert a first refusal option, it protects them if Kent where to go on to become a top player a few years down the line. There is more chance of him becoming a better player playing for a parent club rather than stop start loan deals and having to prove yourself constantly

13 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yip, he is growing as a player as his self-confidence grows, he is an integral part of our team now and the board need to find a way to keep him here. 

Both Kent and Gerrard would both like if they had the chance to work together again next season.

Plenty people were sceptical mate but it just shows what a little bit of patience can bring, I'm glad Stevie has more patience than us:lol:

Everycunt has more patience than us 😂. Your right though he wants to be here, no doubt the initial lure was SG but now he’s here it’s not a fucking contest ftom Coventry or Barnsley ffs. No wonder the kids buzzing, we’ve got more chance of winning the league than Liverpool ha ha 

2 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Big time for two reasons, for one the buzz about the place will be off the scale and the players will be hero’s, and the prospect of champions league football or a relegation fight at a bottom level premier league club should make his choice an easy one if football not bank balance is his motivation 

Exactly what I was thinking 👍

38 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Everycunt has more patience than us 😂. Your right though he wants to be here, no doubt the initial lure was SG but now he’s here it’s not a fucking contest ftom Coventry or Barnsley ffs. No wonder the kids buzzing, we’ve got more chance of winning the league than Liverpool ha ha 

Aye he is clearly enjoying the big crowds and the adulation of the fans, he seems to be feeding off it. That's the stage he wants to be on, not pissing about at mediocre half full championship stadiums.

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye he is clearly enjoying the big crowds and the adulation of the fans, he seems to be feeding off it. That's the stage he wants to be on, not pissing about at mediocre half full championship stadiums.

It’s no wonder mate. There are 4 clubs, 6 if you include arsenal and spurs that will amount a challenge and win anything in England. Ok Leicester managed to defy the odds once, but now are closer to relegation than top 4, clubs like West Ham and Bournemouth would rather field a team of boys in cup games to try and protect their league status, so unless your going to Chelsea, united, city, Liverpool, your not really ever going to win anything, he’s been st one of those clubs for 6 years already so he knows what the situation is. Sala currently plays out wide on his side, doubt he’s getting in there any time soon, his loan moves in England didn’t help him, now he’s got a manager and a support behind him at the biggest club he will ever represent (including Liverpool) why the fuck would you want to leave at 22. Win some shit then get your mega money transfer 

11 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Need to get in early as there will be plenty after him if he keeps this form up and he's just going to get better. I love his ability, but his fucking commitment in games is a breath of fresh air. In saying that, the commitment shown from others in the scum game was a breath of, so maybe that Stevie G commitment shown as a player is rubbing off and giving us an added ingredient..

The combination of Gerrard and the club itself may just swing it and and quite a few sheckles from Dave of course. 

Spot on. Just trying to think what kind of a fee it would take to bring him here. My guess would be in the 3mil range with some kind of buy back clause for perhaps 10mil or a hefty sell on clause. I think Liverpool will see his potential to go on and do well in the game but think its quite unlikely he will make the first team there. 

On 19/01/2019 at 23:18, 1690tamRFC said:

It’s no wonder mate. There are 4 clubs, 6 if you include arsenal and spurs that will amount a challenge and win anything in England. Ok Leicester managed to defy the odds once, but now are closer to relegation than top 4, clubs like West Ham and Bournemouth would rather field a team of boys in cup games to try and protect their league status, so unless your going to Chelsea, united, city, Liverpool, your not really ever going to win anything, he’s been st one of those clubs for 6 years already so he knows what the situation is. Sala currently plays out wide on his side, doubt he’s getting in there any time soon, his loan moves in England didn’t help him, now he’s got a manager and a support behind him at the biggest club he will ever represent (including Liverpool) why the fuck would you want to leave at 22. Win some shit then get your mega money transfer 

Yassss 

2 diddy clubs

on the pitch he's everything we seem to think what Vladimir Weiss was .

Really thought that he's was rubbish when he first started but he just keeps getting better .

hopefully since he has so many poor loan moves he realises that staying here for another few years is the best option for him and it's not about who offered the bigger wages