***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Jones ran pretty much straight for goal & scored.

I wonder if he’ll start doing anything but, once he arrives at Ibrox?

Completley different when he's playing for us as he won't get the space to do that

But as for the bottle side of things, he showed more tonight than our entire squad did 

29 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Completley different when he's playing for us as he won't get the space to do that

But as for the bottle side of things, he showed more tonight than our entire squad did 

Yes.

Just wondered if Kent dribbles for the sake of, at times, when a bit more directness might pay dividends.

Just now, HG5 said:

Yes.

Just wondered if Kent dribbles for the sake of, at times, when a bit more directness might pay dividends.

Think the reason Kent holds onto the ball so much is the moment infront of him is terrible at times so he has no options

We need more players like Kent, the kind who can take the ball and go past even 1 player, take him out the game completley and give others space

The rest just play it around waiting for the 1 pass through about 10 bodies which hardly ever comes off

We werent great tonight by any stretch, but we do start looking better when we press and play a faster game. 

If Worrall doesn't hold on to that ball and fuck up, we win that game or worst case we draw. We had control up til that point and werent looking too bad, but that moment then plays right into their game plan. We are still lacking a creative player that can do it against teams who sit in. 

we can't be playing that central defensive partnership in future.

17 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Think the reason Kent holds onto the ball so much is the moment infront of him is terrible at times so he has no options

We need more players like Kent, the kind who can take the ball and go past even 1 player, take him out the game completley and give others space

The rest just play it around waiting for the 1 pass through about 10 bodies which hardly ever comes off

You’re not wrong there - makes it far too easy if the opposition know we’re just going to pass it around in front of them.

Even if Kent’s not (consistently) brilliant, he (or someone like him) is an essential variation.

As long as he’s driving the defenders back, rather than taking it for a walk where they want to steer him.

Beating them at Ibrox on the 29th was a huge result, I think the players might have thought it was "job done" and all the other results would fall into place, that was a storming performance where as last nights was miles off, introducing Davis and Defoe straight into the team in hindsight looks to be a mistake as first team football needs to be earned not gifted, that Worrall error was just? I don't think I have seen anything similar in top level football.

6 hours ago, North Antrim Loyal said:

Belly full of Moretti, absolutely pig sick about the result, but using my beer goggles I don't think we deserved to win. Scunnered fucked off, pissed off n ready for war.

If only our team was ready . Utter kick in the balls to our support . Allowing a poor bheast outfit to pull ahead yet again is almost unforgivable. 

53 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Think Defoe has underestimated what he's going to come up against in Scotland. Thought he looked dreadful last night 

I found that as well. He had a hold of a boy’s shirt and got conpletely outmuscled and have away a free kick. You could see him be told afterwards that he wouldn’t get away with that up here.

the pitches should not be allowed that is a given, but that excuse only goes so far as there is one of those pitches at the Hummel training centre, so surely they could practice on that before playing at these stupid grounds that have them, so they can at least get a bit better on them

Archived