The Gaffers Naivety

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye we do, the team before the winter break was right in a league battle there was no need to play Defoe and Davis so quick especially away to Killie. 

That's what I'm saying. Playing these two who have hardly kicked a ball in a year was wrong. I was dead against the signings. It will take until March until they are match fit. We don't have time.

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

Most of the Arfield is not mobile enough, flatters to decieve and gets an easy time of it on here.

We dropped McCrorie and candeias, two guys who are mobile and cover a lot of ground. It was telling from very early on we were missing that movement. 

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

Most of the time  Arfield is not mobile enough, flatters to decieve and gets an easy time of it on here.

Guy was a superstar according to some on here the last couple of months. Consistency is the problem with all of this squad.........

If you are a manager of team any team and you ask players to go and show they deserve to be handed a starting slot. You have to question what McCrorie and Candeias have done not get a start. I can understand the eagerness to get new players on the park but firstly they have to earn it.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

That's what I'm saying. Playing these two who have hardly kicked a ball in a year was wrong. I was dead against the signings. It will take until March until they are match fit. We don't have time.

Got you mate 👍

Aye that was the gamble with those 2, will they get up to speed quick enough. Davis looks well off the pace, I’m also not sure what folk are expecting from Defoe he isn’t a player like Mo who holds up the game ghosts past players, he’s a pen box striker who feeds of good service something we are very poor at. 

I'll give him credit for the OF win but that match tonight has made me lose all belief in him.

He's just given everyone player who performed so well against the scum a slap in the face by picking that team tonight. That's fucked morale big time. I'd be fuming if I was a player dropped.

He's brought in 2 players who've not kicked a ball all season into one of the toughest matches of the season on a terrible pitch just because of their names.

He nullified Tav's ability to get forward by dropping Candeias.

He's rendered Morelos useless by playing him out wide and all over the place. He's put Kent in no man's land after playing so well on the left against them.

The formation left Arfield trying to play right mid, left mid, defensive mid , attacking mid all at once which resulted in him doing nothing and being lost.

We barely won a second ball as we didn't have the energy of McCrorie and Candeias.

The lack of real width resulted in our CBs being exposed as our full backs tried to give the width. Considering Killie's have strong wide players that was just crazy. If Kent and Candeias had played we'd have pinned their wide players in.

Gerrards not got it. He just hasn't.

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

His team selection , tactics and substitutions were to blame like many many times this year.

I agree mate. 

But the formation was working until the gift then they completely lost it. I agree again we waited for to long to change it. 

27 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Taking the cunt by including them.

McGregor causes a lot of this

there keeper got the ball releases instantly to a running back and away theyngo

mcgregor holds it letting them reshape then passes it to our gormless centre half’s who,slow the same even more by passing it side to side

SG has been watching this posh all season so must like it

thats what will cost us the league, our desire to slow the game down and play at a walking pace

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Got you mate 👍

Aye that was the gamble with those 2, will they get up to speed quick enough. Davis looks well off the pace, I’m also not sure what folk are expecting from Defoe he isn’t a player like Mo who holds up the game ghosts past players, he’s a pen box striker who feeds of good service something we are very poor at. 

I watched him 3 years ago in Toronto and he looked finished then. Gerrard's pal. 

SG is still a rookie manager who has not yet learned how to set a team up that fights like fuck as if their life depended on it game after game after game and in doing so carves out wins from games like the game we saw tonight.   Can he learn and transform the team into a team that wins enough of these sorts of games to be a proper title-challenging side?   So far he's not showing that he's learning. 

Shouldve been same starting eleven v scum apart from Goldson.

Dropping McCrorie was naive at best. Kilmarnock are shit but they all work like fuck and we just didnt match them 2nd half.

Gifted both goals, 2 attempts on goal 2 goals kinda sums up our defence.

30 minutes ago, Scottyarf37 said:

Simple. 

Away from home its a battle,  left our top two battlers out  Candieas and Mccrorie to accomodate two old players who dont have the legs to do that  

Shunted our top scorer out to the right.

It was juat all wrong,   said during game this was motherwell away all over again.

Not learning,   this league is about winning the battle first. 

Shy show.  All tough games this month and already lost ground and momentum.

Poor

That's what I said mate when I first saw the team. Motherwell all over again and also cowardly play from most of them just like the Livingston game.