The Gaffers Naivety

KeyserSoze

44 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Loved him so far and can’t legislate for Worral mistake but 100% Gerard’s fault that tonight , obliterated the system and formation that ran over the top of celtic and the only system and formation we look comfortable playing  , took Artfield, Kent , Tav and the Buffulo right out the game not to mention the injustices Candias should feel not even starting , if he feels the need to change the full system to get Defoe in the team try it agsin ST Mirren at home next Saturday , the manager let us down big time tonight 

Your spot on said the exact same to the guy in front of me about the same four players still can't believe the formation and tactics tonight and yes Gerrards had the praise but must hold his hand up tonight 

Hasn't a clue Gerrard , never seen a manager make so many blunders in a game

shoehorning Defoe and Davis who both can't move

playing Alfredo out wide 

playing worral

not making subs at 1 each

leaving mccrorie out who he said it was his position to lose after the tarriers game

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He obviously has no time for Katic, grezda or barasic 

Yip either they were Mark Allen signings that he wasn't convinced by or he misjudged their talent / attitude hugely and they don't have the 'run through walls' attitude he's looking for. Either way he doesn't seem to be a fan of any of them, particularly Katic. 

12 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

The bits in bold are bullshit.

There's one player in our team who could be called an average or old EPL player who might be a 'failure' and that's McAuley, who's been absolutely fine so far. 

Defoe isn't an average EPL player. He's the 10th highest goalscorer in the EPL and scored 20 goals for England. He might be old but he's definitely not a failure.

Davis is the captain of his country and played 23 EPL games last season, and has won the title with us in the past. Likewise he might be old but hardly a failure.

Any chance you could point out which other SPL players have that pedigree, coz there's obviously a good number of the league is 'littered with these failures'?

everything written in your post is in the past tense. What have you done for me lately?.........

I just hope he's learned a lesson tonight.

Don't take a team that's done well last time out and fuck it up by sticking in two new guys who've hardly kicked a ball all season. What does it say to the team? It says, "I don't give a fuck about all your effort and everything we did in the last league game. I'm prepared to not give a fuck about all of that."

If he learns this, good on him. 

He got it badly wrong tonight, screwing around with a winning formula.

I understand the temptation to get Defoe and Davis into the line up. We all wanted to see how they would do. 

But this wasn't the game for it against a well drilled side like killie.

3 hours ago, Scottyarf37 said:

Simple. 

Away from home its a battle,  left our top two battlers out  Candieas and Mccrorie to accomodate two old players who dont have the legs to do that  

Shunted our top scorer out to the right.

It was juat all wrong,   said during game this was motherwell away all over again.

Not learning,   this league is about winning the battle first. 

Shy show.  All tough games this month and already lost ground and momentum.

Poor

Yup. The lineup I posted a few days ago in the match thread was exactly that. McCrorie and Candeias for the new boys. Should have gone for up to speed battlers. 

Baffling to play both in a game like this.

Think it was inexperience tbh. Not understanding what's needed, when. 

Only was the first half, but thought the number of high, aimless balls was horrible. Why bother playing with Kents and Davis's only to do that?

I'm not buying into this we should of played the same team that beat celtic nonsense, firstly Goldson was injured so the defence for 1 had to change, secondly do people think that all teams line up with the same formation against us?

When MW refused point blank to change his system against other teams formations this place was going off it's head because he had no plan B, Killie lately have been a constant thorn in our side whether it's been, MW,Pedro,Murty and now Gerrard!!

Gerrard tried something different tonight and for 20mins i had no complaints at how we were performing, the fuck up for the goal changed everything, it gave Killie confidence and it shattered ours in the process, blaming the manager is all fine and well now the result is in, if we played the same team bar Goldson from the last game but still lost the argument would be the manager never tries anything different and he would still be getting it in the neck.

38 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I'm not buying into this we should of played the same team that beat celtic nonsense, firstly Goldson was injured so the defence for 1 had to change, secondly do people think that all teams line up with the same formation against us?

When MW refused point blank to change his system against other teams formations this place was going off it's head because he had no plan B, Killie lately have been a constant thorn in our side whether it's been, MW,Pedro,Murty and now Gerrard!!

Gerrard tried something different tonight and for 20mins i had no complaints at how we were performing, the fuck up for the goal changed everything, it gave Killie confidence and it shattered ours in the process, blaming the manager is all fine and well now the result is in, if we played the same team bar Goldson from the last game but still lost the argument would be the manager never tries anything different and he would still be getting it in the neck.

Spot on.  Just got home after a long drive so plenty of time for us to think about the game.   Undone by a howler after looking good at the start.  Their second was poor defending from us though a good finish from Jones.

Need to work out how we are going to play with Defoe and Morelos.  Defoe was getting frustrated with the lack of service so he could drop deeper and play a no 10 role with the usual front three and two holding midfielders.  Worth a go against the lesser teams. 

More concerning was that Killy looked to be more up for it than us.  There was little energy from us after the equaliser, they won every second ball.   Better players than Worrall make mistakes but better teams rally to the cause and grind out a win.  We through the towel in at 1-1 and Killy sensced  blood.

24 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Spot on.  Just got home after a long drive so plenty of time for us to think about the game.   Undone by a howler after looking good at the start.  Their second was poor defending from us though a good finish from Jones.

Need to work out how we are going to play with Defoe and Morelos.  Defoe was getting frustrated with the lack of service so he could drop deeper and play a no 10 role with the usual front three and two holding midfielders.  Worth a go against the lesser teams. 

More concerning was that Killy looked to be more up for it than us.  There was little energy from us after the equaliser, they won every second ball.   Better players than Worrall make mistakes but better teams rally to the cause and grind out a win.  We through the towel in at 1-1 and Killy sensced  blood.

First of all, not a good finish by Jones. First time I’ve criticized McGregor. He should’ve stopped that. Cruising until Joe Woeful plays suicide football. Sucked the life out of the team. After that, team looked shaky. Gerrard should’ve seen what was happening and changed things quick, but no. We had no passion and desire for this game. That’s worrying. 

6 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Why change a formation that works? He’s changed that to shoehorn Defoe and that rat fuck Davis in.

3 points against the filth is now rendered meaningless.

3 points against the filth is never meaningless but I get your point.  Teams that win leagues show character and grind  out results on plastic pitches in January.   

I think we should have started with the same 11 that dispatched them.  Bring Defoe on at 65 minutes.  The diamond 4 up front is a suggestion for the lesser lights at home. 

I genuinely believe that last night's team selection and performance will have a detrimental effect on our team. Just last week the manager stated that the eleven who started against celtic have the jerseys and it's up to the new guys to earn them. So on to our first game since and he has two options. Stand by his word and play the same team bar Goldson who was injured or change the team and formation to suit the new guys that are shoehorned in. He chose the second option. This sends a message that his word means fuck all. It also tells guys like candeias and McCrorie that no matter what they do in games or training they'll be dropped for the new guys.

5 hours ago, hammer93 said:

It's like preaching to the uninitiated at times in here, the 4-3-3 hasn't been a success against park the bus formations it's been quite the opposite.

Some player's in my eyes haven't the quality to adjust to another formation, we still lack the quality to play a possession/attack based game we're a defensive/counter attacking team.

In a 3-5-2 the CDM has to be the one setting the play from the back, we have to be more braver in possession only go long if there's a pass on.

Funny this system was working the first 20 mins. Really comfortable then that cunt worrall dies that. Killie gets the momentum. Yes SG could have changed things quicker but imo Worral fucked us tonight. I never wanna see him play again. 1nil up, unlucky not to be 2 up and cruising, killie couldn’t adjust. Then that fuck head sold the game. Gtf worrall. 

Warburton was punted for less and had a fraction of the budget Gerrard has had.

That team had no fight and the football is like watching paint dry its that bad.   A blind man could see we were not gonna win that game once they equalised , yet we were miles ahead up until that point.

Stevie Clarke gave Gerrard a lesson in management as he tinkered with his system after the poor start and let us play in front of them where they controlled the game for large chunks.

And Lafferty should have been on after the hour for his presence alone, we needed to win that game not draw it never mind lose it. 

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Still so fucking angry 

Not even got to angry yet,. Still fucking hurting but I was not surprised to be honest as I would have moved heaven and earth to have Clarke here when Pedro left but I got shot down in flames on here.

Killie were never approached , he just said when asked in an interview that he's the Killie manager and the only thing he is concentrating on is Killie or something to that effect.

King went for a rookie and we all have to back him like we must still back him and the team now , but how much debt are we in now ?  Because as it stands I don't fancy our chances at Livi or at the sheep in a couple of weeks and we could be 4th. 

8 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He got it badly wrong tonight, screwing around with a winning formula.

I understand the temptation to get Defoe and Davis into the line up. We all wanted to see how they would do. 

But this wasn't the game for it against a well drilled side like killie.

what you think of the first 20 mins where we looked really really comfortable ? unlucky not to be two up and cruising, creating chances, killie where clueless, couldnt get into the game.  

7 minutes ago, its_an_extender said:

Should've been the same starting 11 that pumped they cunts a few weeks ago.

Gerrard himself said its up to the new guys to take the shirts from the boys that started that game. Total slap in the face to the likes of McCrorie and Candeais

This

For what it’s worth I don’t think the formation was that bad. We strolled it until Worrall makes a cunt of it and if Morelos header sneaks in, its game over.

Its more the way we reacted to the goal that worries me. Absolutely no fight, we shat it. It was a terrible goal to give away but you’ve got to be able to put that behind you. 

I think he will go with the diamond again on Sunday.