Alfredo as a number 10

The Beast

1 minute ago, Rum Ham said:

It's mental that there is always a thread on here wanting to change things, even after a win, or players being our best performers in their positions. 

Morelos is a striker. 

Tav is a fullback. (for the next person to suggest moving him to the wing) 

3-5-2 didn't work. 

4-4-2 didn't work. 

/thread. 

Morelos is the best striker in the country.  Playing the 4-3-3 with him up top gets the most out of him.  Having Kent and Candeias either side gets the most out of those players as well.  I wouldn’t be changing anything in order to accommodate Defoe.  Defoe can sit in the bench until someone is injured or suspended.  

Next it will be, could we play Kent as an attacking wing back.

Morelos is made for the role of a lone striker.

He could benefit from having a natural number 10 in the team to run beyond him as he holds up the play with his back to goal but that’s where Morelos and the number 10 topic ends.

Defoe is the perfect back up we need. Lafferty is hopeless and not good enough for us.

Why change our best players position?

433 every game. With Morelos being subbed more to save him.

At home against lesser teams we can probably fit both of them in if needed or if chasing a game.

Morelos is our number 1 striker it’s not even a debate to consider changing his position.

55 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

It's mental that there is always a thread on here wanting to change things, even after a win, or players being our best performers in their positions. 

Morelos is a striker. 

Tav is a fullback. (for the next person to suggest moving him to the wing) 

3-5-2 didn't work. 

4-4-2 didn't work. 

No-one is born with only one position they can play in, they just have a list if attributes and some of those best suit a specific position. Some players have a range of attributes that make them adept in more than one position.

That said, Morelos I don't see in any other role than he is currently and I think he'd be frustrated and not very good if we shoehorned him in as a number 10. Tav though has plenty of attributes to play as a winger. Imagine someone with a stubborn attitude to players positions had left Gareth Bale in his starting position as a left back and just ignored the fact he had great attributes for playing further up the park. 

We shouldn't change anything to suit Defoe imo, we've already been burned on more than 1 occasion for trying to fit others into a system that doesn't work. 

For me Defoe was a poor choice of signing as we're paying a hefty wage for someone to sit on the bench. Morelos is our main man and that won't change with an aging defoe here. 

As an ex centre half I've looked at too many Rangers strikers over the past 6 years and thought I would have really fancied playing against them. Morales is a different proposition entirely. He has way too much going for him in strength, movement and instinct to be in the right place. I've seen big strikers bully centre half's.. I haven't seen them bully whole defences before. Morelos disrupts the whole of the back line and I hope we can hold onto him for another couple of years. 

2 minutes ago, Spectre said:

No-one is born with only one position they can play in, they just have a list if attributes and some of those best suit a specific position. Some players have a range of attributes that make them adept in more than one position.

That said, Morelos I don't see in any other role than he is currently and I think he'd be frustrated and not very good if we shoehorned him in as a number 10. Tav though has plenty of attributes to play as a winger. Imagine someone with a stubborn attitude to players positions had left Gareth Bale in his starting position as a left back and just ignored the fact he had great attributes for playing further up the park. 

Most of Tavs assists come from overlapping runs and doubling up on their fullback with overlapping runs. 

He gets more assists than most wingers do, and his defending isn't even an issue anymore imo. (personally think the criticism of it was blown out of proportion anyway) 

Why change something that works, especially when Candeias is in form?

He's been solid recently, especially the OF and today, while still being an attacking threat. 

He's our top goalscorer, our best playmaker & gives 2 CBs hell every single game

There's no way he should be moved to accommodate Defoe, especially a Defoe who looks very much off the pace (understandably)

Should be the 1st name on the teamsheet every week with Kent on the left & Candeias on the right 

27 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

As an ex centre half I've looked at too many Rangers strikers over the past 6 years and thought I would have really fancied playing against them. Morales is a different proposition entirely. He has way too much going for him in strength, movement and instinct to be in the right place. I've seen big strikers bully centre half's.. I haven't seen them bully whole defences before. Morelos disrupts the whole of the back line and I hope we can hold onto him for another couple of years. 

:headscratch:

2 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

We shouldn't change anything to suit Defoe imo, we've already been burned on more than 1 occasion for trying to fit others into a system that doesn't work. 

For me Defoe was a poor choice of signing as we're paying a hefty wage for someone to sit on the bench. Morelos is our main man and that won't change with an aging defoe here. 

I think it was a strange signing.  The only way to get Defoe in the team is to change the entire formation and system.  You would think the manager would've brought in a player who could enhance the system we already have, not disrupt it.  I'm sure Defoe is a great penalty box striker but we don't need that type of player right now.