Petulant morelos

MacBoyd

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

The guy wants to contribute its that simple. Running himself into the ground and getting assists isn't good enough for him, he clearly has the attitude that he's the main man and if he doesn't get a goal then he hasn't done his job. I honestly don't have a problem with that.

Give me a team full of guys who are not content with just giving 7 out of 10 performances every week.

He is petulant but its not born out of him being an arsehole, he's a winner and all winners are moaning, greeting face bastards.

Spot on. I'd have been happier with Morelos getting the Pen yesterday than Defoe. 

He has single handedly dragged us out of the trenches for large parts recently and I would much prefer we kept him happy and content than satisfy Defoe. If Defoe wanted a goal at Ibrox so bad he can do what Morelos does and create chances for himself.

To add: Defoe had a great game and won multiple Penalties so I can see why he might want to take one but for me he is behind Morelos in the pecking order. Best solution was Tav didn't let anyone take one....hopefully it hasn't caused a rift or got Morelos' back up too much. We need a solid team effort if we want to win the league.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Finally someone with common sense in this thread instead of the usual Mo is a fud taig like response. 

Mo is the next in line to take the Pens if Tav isn’t taking it. The fact Tav over stepped the mark by not handing the ball to Mo is the problem. It would appear from Stevies post match reaction that all 3 will be getting told what the score is from now on and Defoe can get his arse to the back of the que. 

Manuel. 

4 hours ago, ben51 said:

Everyone around me at the game was raging at him.

The fact he sulked off after we scored the 2nd whilst everyone celebrated is what annoyed me the most. 

As good  a player that he is, but he has made it abundantly clear he has no loyalty to the club. We are but a stepping stone and the first decent offer, he is off and it can't come quick enough for him. 

The Alfredo MO IS all about him. His behaviour tells you that. His work rate is to be commended, but ffs, don't be fooled that it is for the team, as it is all about him and scoring goals for him.

TBH, I hope he keeps it up, but ffs, don't be deluded like his fan club n here,  that it's anythng other than for him.

35 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Fine with him being keen to get on the score sheet but taking the huff after Tav scoring was too much 

Hopefully just a minor incident in the overall picture 

Like in another one, ffs?!ff I think he has improved in this, but you need to remember, this is the Afredo show.

It shows up in many aspects of his game. We have tried many partners with him and it doesn't work, simply because it's all about him. His petulance I love against the oppo, but not aimed at our own. Tav was put in a cunt of a position, because he's not the type to growl back, fuck off.

Gerrard is now setting us set up to suit Defoe as there is no Alfredo after this season and if Alfredo can't handle it and it appears to be showing, that is his problem. Defoe is another footballing legend down south and has quality that Alfredo can only dream of and that's pressure,  but no one is bigger than the club.

We shall see how he copes with it in the coming weeks and there is no reason why he can't. Just has to get his head around that Defoe IS the bigger man in every sense, not forgetting that Alfredo himself is the one looking to get out the door.

if Morelos and his goals and effort come with some baggage with regards to his attitude i can accept that. I don't like it but id rather have a huffy petulant player who scores goals like him and puts in his level of effort than have some happy go lucky player who can't find the net

Up until yesterday, I think Tav has done a great job with converting penalties this season.  However, all things being equal, I would prefer to see penalties taken by our strikers, that is their main job.  If Morelos went a few games without scoring, we would start questioning him and the pressure would build on him accordingly.  If Tav did the same, no one would pay much attention as it’s not his main job.  Would it not be better to keep our strikers confidence as high as possible.

Just another thought.  Morelos is our biggest asset. He is highly likely to leave in the summer and we ideally want to maximise the fee we get for him.  I would suggest we might be able to get more for a 30-40 goal per season striker than a 25-30 goal per season striker.  Clearly, Tav is the man in possession and winning games is the priority at the present time but was that an issue at the fourth penalty yesterday.

Barry Ferguson, Gazza, Tommy  McLean, Davy Cooper, etc etc. There’s a long list of greetin faced bastards. All great players and all winners. Sometimes you just have to accept the way certain players are. Alfredo just needs to be a bit cleverer at times re his petulance, but he probably can’t help himself. 

5 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Ally mccoist didn't celebrate the day we won 8 in a row because gazza scored a hat trick and basically took his limelight.

Ronaldo didn't celebrate properly until he scored the pk to put Real 4 1 up in the final v atletico. 

Strikers seem to act that way when they believe that they've not contributed 

Neymar never seems remotely interested in goals for his team, unless he scores them.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Like in another one, ffs?!ff I think he has improved in this, but you need to remember, this is the Afredo show.

It shows up in many aspects of his game. We have tried many partners with him and it doesn't work, simply because it's all about him. His petulance I love against the oppo, but not aimed at our own. Tav was put in a cunt of a position, because he's not the type to growl back, fuck off.

Gerrard is now setting us set up to suit Defoe as there is no Alfredo after this season and if Alfredo can't handle it and it appears to be showing, that is his problem. Defoe is another footballing legend down south and has quality that Alfredo can only dream of and that's pressure,  but no one is bigger than the club.

We shall see how he copes with it in the coming weeks and there is no reason why he can't. Just has to get his head around that Defoe IS the bigger man in every sense, not forgetting that Alfredo himself is the one looking to get out the door.

Some howl when Defoe doesn't start on Wednesday despite Gerrard setting us up to suit him... 

And I missed this part, care to back up your claim that he's actively looking to leave? 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We’ll be sorry the day we lose him we really will, only then will the absolute idiots in our support realise the type of player he is.

But it doesn’t matter, at least we won’t have a selfish striker and one that hopefully smiles the whole time he’s on the pitch. Mind boggling stuff man. 

This. We should enjoy him while we have him he'll be away in a few months

16 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Usual negative posts from the usual tossers who wanted to sell him for peanuts ....  What about Ally fighting with Gazza to take z penalty, petulant and not team players ?  Best player in our TEAM by a mile.

Try the here and now.

Alfredo couldn't lace Defoe's boots ffs! He could only dream of the talent he has.

He is but someone who has potential and a long way off being the finished article. 

For natuaral ability, Kent is a fucking mile ahead of him.

Alfredo plays in a footballing backwater and came from an even bigger one and now in a team rising from very troubled times and with only one team really to beat, so when we look at his record against them as a striker, great he is not and great he mght never be. 

We can commend the attributes he does have, but ffs let's not try and make him out what he is not. It's becomng fucking embarassing.