Petulant morelos

MacBoyd

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

I accept your opinion but it's not one I agree on we will see the best of Defoe in these coming months.

At this moment in time, it's not even close imo.

Defoe is good and I'm sure he'll play his part in the remaining games, but Morelos, on his game, is easily one of best strikers we've had in years.

Just now, BlueMe said:

At this moment in time, it's not even close imo.

Defoe is good and I'm sure he'll play his part in the remaining games, but Morelos, on his game, is easily one of best strikers we've had in years.

What previous strikers would you say he's as good as or better that featured for us?

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Try the here and now.

Alfredo couldn't lace Defoe's boots ffs! He could only dream of the talent he has.

He is but someone who has potential and a long way off being the finished article. 

For natuaral ability, Kent is a fucking mile ahead of him.

Alfredo plays in a footballing backwater and came from an even bigger one and now in a team rising from very troubled times and with only one team really to beat, so when we look at his record against them as a striker, great he is not and great he mght never be. 

We can commend the attributes he does have, but ffs let's not try and make him out what he is not. It's becomng fucking embarassing.

Defoe was a great player - at 37 or 38 (the here and now) not sure whether or not that's still the case.  

Great players are not all about purely natural ability and as much as rate ent our team at this juncture needs Morelos more.   We want to buy Ryan for 2M and sell Alfredo for >10m - speaks volumes.

One commonality between both players is that none yet represents the finished article - develop and sell both would work for me.   

4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He's better than every striker we've had since Jelavic, and even then, it's a tough choice between the two imo. 

Jelavic for me was a better player and a better striker the league was better when Jelavic played and the quality was better.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Jelavic for me was a better player and a better striker the league was better when Jelavic played and the quality was better.

I can definitely see the argument for Jelavic, he was quality. His finishing was better, and some of his link up play/passing was brilliant.

I would say Morelos has better work rate and has the ability to create something out of nothing, plus his power is a great feature to have in this league, defenders hate him. 

Morelos is our playe. Tavernier should not have handed the ball to Defoe if he didn’t take the pen the ball should have been handed to Morelos. Gerrard called Morelos over after Defoe took the pen and told Morelos he had it covered and would deal with it.  Tavernier is the team Captain and should show some responsibility on the park so as not to cause division in the dressing room. As Gerrard said after the game Defoe is third in line to take pens after Alfredo. As  Tav should have known. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 comedy gold in here tonight. 

It’s this simple if Mo doesn’t play we have no chance of winning anything. If we had let Mo go and simply relied on defoe I doubt we would finish third never mind second. 

exactly. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

It's the same two posters week in week out having digs at Morelos. It's tiresome. Call him a moody cunt or selfish because he can be but the fact remains the same, he is our best player and we go nowhere this season without him.

What two posters?

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

not forgetting that Alfredo himself is the one looking to get out the door.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And I missed this part, care to back up your claim that he's actively looking to leave? 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Post evidence that he wants to leave. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Post evidence that Alfredo wants to leave,you've still not backed up your claim. 

giphy.gif.6f1b5e2d48a7774ff9f598699f898ef9.gif

Tavernier shouldn't have hit the 3rd one. He missed the 2nd. It should have fallen to Morelos given he's Gerrard's 2nd choice PK taker. If Morelos then scored he should default to main PK taker until he misses. Isn't that the fairest way / the way it works at most teams?

Tavernier pulled rank on the 3rd penalty despite the best efforts of Arfield to get him to give it up. On the 4th one he then gives it to Defoe. In this situation IMO Alfredo is entitled to feel aggrieved. We all know he's an emotional guy, so I've got no issues with his reaction to the whole thing. Would be a different story if he just chucked it and thought he cba playing for the rest of the game but he didn't down tools, for the rest of the game he continued to work his socks off and was desperate for a goal. 

He's our best and most important player. The captain should know and appreciate that. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

giphy.gif.6f1b5e2d48a7774ff9f598699f898ef9.gif

Jesus wept. It's been in the public domain pretty much since he arrived here.

"I hope to be doing very well and get a bigger club in the Premier League at the end of the season". That was just after he signed for us!

There is millions of it out there and he has never kept it a secret as to what we are to him and where he wants to be. Can't really fault him for that, but it doesn't exactly fill any manager with confidence enough to build a team around him.long term.

He keeps doing what he's doing until that day comes, that's fine.