***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

How can a manager who seems to get it some weeks then completley change and be so far from reality, he's satisfied with that shite we just watched...

That was a piss poor performance, simple as that, players should be heading off after that embarrassed to get a bollocking, not going in to hear that apparently the manager is satifisfed with it

Jesus fuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Tav scores the penalty we're through, just one of those games today playing against 10 men behind the ball. 

Shows how badly we miss Morelos as well. 

I'am not so sure Bridge. I think they would have came right out at us, and it could have turned out to their advantage. Its all ifs, buts, and maybes, but, I think both teams were happy with a draw for varying different reasons.

Halliday clearing off the line was as good as a penalty save by their keeper.

The main thing is no injuries, and iam confident we will do them at Ibrox.

That pitch is a clear advantage for them, as shown this season against us and the filth.

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

The reason teams started moving away from the 4-4-2 is because they were getting outnumbered in midfield.  Many teams play 3 men in the middle of the park now and you need to compete with that or lose control of the game.  The 4-3-3 is a far superior formation and that’s why lone strikers like Morelos are so highly sought after.  

433 is the better formation. But we need to play to the strengths of our available strikers. 

Lafferty and Defoe aren't imo suited to that loan striker role. Both work better with a partner up front.

We looked a lot more threatening with the flat 442 at home. Than the diamond that took away our width. 

50 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Canny argue with that tbh. The pitch is horrendous. I just think playing Lafferty is as big a punt as playing Defoe tbh. For a guy that's well, well over 6 foot tall Lafferty is brutal in the air and even worse back to goal.

The alternative is to go with both, which is tempting and could work but I would be worried about us being outnumbered in midfield.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

433 is the better formation. But we need to play to the strengths of our available strikers. 

Lafferty and Defoe aren't imo suited to that loan striker role. Both work better with a partner up front.

We looked a lot more threatening with the flat 442 at home. Than the diamond that took away our width. 

Hard to argue with this. Good managers set up teams to the strengths of the players available.

We could easily go 4-4-2 with Arfield playing from the right like Reyna and Davis did. Gives us the option of him coming inside  and giving us a three to match up with opposition teams when we are out of possession although that would leave me worried about Tav being exposed.

16 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Sorry misread it and realised you said league game. 

I honestly don’t know who or how he will play it but I like the idea of 4 4 1 1 with Kyle playing behind Defoe.

4-4-1-1 might be a good option.  I'd have Middleton and Candeias playing as traditional wingers with Kent behind Defoe.  

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

4-4-1-1 might be a good option.  I'd have Middleton and Candeias playing as traditional wingers with Kent behind Defoe.  

I don’t think he’d start with Middleton.

I would give Kyle another bash at the 4 3 3 if Defoe wasn’t starting. 

We need a completely different system when Morelos isn't available. Tav and Candeias constantly crossing balls in without him bullying people out the way in the box is useless. 

It's gotta be a 442. Although I'd like to see another go at 352. Tav and Barisic/Halliday as wingbacks and Kent freeroaming behind Defoe and Lafferty upfront. 

A poor performance, however Clarke's Kilmarnock are organised, tough and hard to beat in the last two seasons - I can see why he might be 'satisfied' with the result in this terms. It's a team we've struggled with and who are riding high in the league. 

However, we should be playing better than that and should still be beating them if we want to be league champions this year. The lacking in the final third without Morelos though is highly concerning. 

Stop with the pitch, no Morelos, played midweek, excuses. With our resources/transfer fees/wages it is a total embarrassment we can’t beat Kilmarnock. How is anyone, manager included, satisfied with that tonight? 

We desperately need Barisic to get back into favour with the gaffer because Halliday was an empty jersey tonight.

Defensively he was poor and going forward was absolutely rotten. 4 or 5 times in the 2nd half a simple ball out wide to Kent was on and he played it back into the middle which was congested and the packed Kilmarnock midfield were all over it.

Halliday will definitely be needed later in the season but tonight shows why Barisic will be important for us to really kick on.

7 minutes ago, slg said:

Stop with the pitch, no Morelos, played midweek, excuses. With our resources/transfer fees/wages it is a total embarrassment we can’t beat Kilmarnock. How is anyone, manager included, satisfied with that tonight? 

I have a feeling Gerrard won’t be so polite behind closed doors 

2 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

We desperately need Barisic to get back into favour with the gaffer because Halliday was an empty jersey tonight.

Defensively he was poor and going forward was absolutely rotten. 4 or 5 times in the 2nd half a simple ball out wide to Kent was on and he played it back into the middle which was congested and the packed Kilmarnock midfield were all over it.

Halliday will definitely be needed later in the season but tonight shows why Barisic will be important for us to really kick on.

Halliday isn't great going forward but he did make a coulple of good tackles in the first half including one of the line so he gets pass marks from me but it is Barisic for the most part for me.

Archived