Jump to content

Recommended Posts

He’s still very rough around the edges, but has a few incredible attributes for a midfielder his age. 

I actually think the spell out of the team earlier this season has been good for him. Gave him a chance to focus on improving as a player without the pressure of playing in the first-team every week.

Robmc1 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Superb. Discuss...

Agreed, that’s as much as I’m discussing.    

Dominated a selik side but he's not good enough

1 hour ago, Hoodster said:

Are you just pointing out that he is capable, or are you saying he doesnt need to improve when he has the ball? 

Pointing out that there were worse than him on the ball tonight and he doesn’t deserve to be singled out for it considering creating isn’t really his job. He’s good at breaking up play and passing the ball forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a brilliant player. Never shys from a challenge and would genuinely run through brick walls for Rangers. 

He took a real bad one on the knee, knocked out a Killie player and then ran about 50 yards to chase that O’Donnell cunt, got the ball and played it forward. 

You can’t teach passion or desire to play for us. He’s literally what I would expect any one of us to be like on the pitch if we were fit enough. 

He’s my first name on the team sheet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hoodster said:

Like i said to 'Siwel'.   

Are you just pointing out that he is capable, or are you saying he doesnt need to improve when he has the ball?

You’re saying lots to improve I’m saying that part of his game isn’t as bad as you’re making out.

When he wins the ball he immediately looks up and wants to pass the ball forward. 

You’re also highlighting a part of his game which isn’t necessarily a priority in the position he plays. 

And he’s 20. 

Billythebear77 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

McCrories second touch is a tackle and while that's good enough for some teams it's not the Rangers i want to see. He needs to show FAR more composure on the ball but sadly i don't hold out much hope of him being a regular as we bring in better players and on that subject i firmly believe Kamara will be a star. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

McCrories second touch is a tackle and while that's good enough for some teams it's not the Rangers i want to see. He needs to show FAR more composure on the ball but sadly i don't hold out much hope of him being a regular as we bring in better player and on that subject i firmly believe Kamara will be a star. 

Dominated a selik side but he's not good enough :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Dominated a selik side but he's not good enough :lol:

Yeah he won battles that day m8 but he can't live off that forever and his last game at Ibrox v St Mirren he was hooked early for being very poor WITH THE BALL, not for the first time .He's a water carrier at the moment and though i live in hope I'm not optimistic he'll improve enough with the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Yeah he won battles that day m8 but he can't live off that forever and his last game at Ibrox v St Mirren he was hooked early for being very poor WITH THE BALL, not for the first time .He's a water carrier at the moment and though i live in hope I'm not optimistic he'll improve enough with the ball.

Might be poor with the ball, still the only player in our team that created anything when nobody else looked capable.

Billythebear77 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

McCrories second touch is a tackle and while that's good enough for some teams it's not the Rangers i want to see. He needs to show FAR more composure on the ball but sadly i don't hold out much hope of him being a regular as we bring in better player and on that subject i firmly believe Kamara will be a star. 

Luckily you dont pick the team.

Billythebear77 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Siwel said:

Pointing out that there were worse than him on the ball tonight and he doesn’t deserve to be singled out for it considering creating isn’t really his job. He’s good at breaking up play and passing the ball forward. 

I agree with you - there were worse players on the ball than him.   I'm not singling him out. The thread is about Ross, so my opinion is about him, not about anyone else.   He is excellent at breaking the play up.  He also has potential on the ball and I have no doubt he will get better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You’re saying lots to improve I’m saying that part of his game isn’t as bad as you’re making out.

When he wins the ball he immediately looks up and wants to pass the ball forward. 

You’re also highlighting a part of his game which isn’t necessarily a priority in the position he plays. 

And he’s 20. 

I'm highlighting the part that needs improving - nothing wrong with that.  I'm sure he knows he can be better on the ball and I'm sure he is working hard at it as well. 

I think he struggles in tight situations and when he receives the ball facing his own goal. These are the toughest tests in that area of the park so it will take time. 

I think he has the potential to be an absolute top player for us for many years and I hope he is.  As you say he is a young guy so it's there for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Stevie G was very pleased with young Ross but what would he know about playing in midfield. :pipe:

"I'm pleased with the clean sheet and a lot of performances, I thought young Ross McCrorie was outstanding, especially second half, you won't see a better enforcer performance than that."

Didn't think any of our players including Mccrorie was outstanding tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Didn't think any of our players including Mccrorie was outstanding tbh.

I think we have to take into consideration that Stevie was giving Ross a good report because he was good winning a lot of balls in the second half as far as I could see watching on a small screen stream. I was trying to counter the negative posts about a good you player.

I was so concerned yesterday that we would make a mistake like the league game that even when Killie were doing very little to put pressure on us I could not relax and while I agree we were not great I think from my part we were probably not as bad as I thought.

I hope I have not contradicted myself too much with the previous paragraph. :happy: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Stevie G was very pleased with young Ross but what would he know about playing in midfield. :pipe:

"I'm pleased with the clean sheet and a lot of performances, I thought young Ross McCrorie was outstanding, especially second half, you won't see a better enforcer performance than that."

I might be mistaken here but I also think SG said there were certain types of games that suit McCrorie more than others and I thought he mentioned the OF game and the Aberdeen game as examples (and Kilmarnock).    I took that to infer that in SG's mind McCrorie may not be an auto first pick for every game - in other words there will be games he sits out because the expected nature of the game /opposition might mean SG would prefer to field a different player where 'enforcing' is not such a vital skill for those sorts of games.   

He has played well though and is definitely improving.  That may not mean he is auto picked for every game. 

Bears r us likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

I might be mistaken here but I also think SG said there were certain types of games that suit McCrorie more than others and I thought he mentioned the OF game and the Aberdeen game as examples (and Kilmarnock).    I took that to infer that in SG's mind McCrorie may not be an auto first pick for every game - in other words there will be games he sits out because the expected nature of the game /opposition might mean SG would prefer to field a different player where 'enforcing' is not such a vital skill for those sorts of games.   

He has played well though and is definitely improving.  That may not mean he is auto picked for every game. 

I can understand that could well be the case RB, he is still young but I do have great hope he will continue to progress under Stevie and Gary two great midfielders. 

Reformation Bear likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Genuinely don't think some realise we've got an absolute gem here. Technically he's not outstanding but he doesn't need to be to be affective. He gives the team so much balance.

In the league we've won 8, drawn 1 and lost 0 with him starting in the side. In the other 16 matches in the league we've only won 7.

We've had more clean sheets with him starting in the league. 5 with and 4 without. In the 14 games in all comps he's started we've only conceded 6 goals.

Great stats Sirb😉 Wonder if McCrorie were to get one on one coaching from McAllister for the forward play part of the MF game,would it help? ie teach him when and how to lay off balls or what pass to look for and how to bring effective shooting from outside the box into his game.For me that's all that's missing from him being an absolutely great player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...