Morelos calls Gerrard legend and eyes Columbia recall

.Williamson.

Amazing player, can honestly see him playing under Simeone one day, his type off player. So I do believe he will go to the highest level one day.

i often do wonder if he will be with us after this season, why not develop even more under Gerrard, infront off 50 thousand every other week. 

47 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don’t see the Suarez comparisons tbh. He’s not that type of player. He is also not an animal with teething issues.

If I was to pick a player that his style is similar to it would be Diego Costa. Similar temperament too.

Costa would get sent off for fun up here 😂

38 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

Amazing player, can honestly see him playing under Simeone one day, his type off player. So I do believe he will go to the highest level one day.

i often do wonder if he will be with us after this season, why not develop even more under Gerrard, infront off 50 thousand every other week. 

£££££££ 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Don't honestly believe that is what it's about for him.

It is for most players but I think he just has a genuine ambition to play at the top level. 

If he was motivated by money he would've handed in a transfer request last January. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he was motivated by money he would've handed in a transfer request last January. 

Aye exactly.

He'll be gone soon but it'll be when a decent club in a better league comes in for him. Not when someone from China comes and offers him a few extra grand on his contract 

European football means everything to players like him and he will be keeping an eye on clubs approaching that offer the ability to be competitive in those competitions

HJK Helsinki manager, Mika Lehkosuo, signed Morelos for his club from Independiente Medellin in 2016, initially on loan.

But after the Colombian had banged in 16 goals in 30 league appearances, the deal was made permanent, and Morelos went on to hit a further 11 goals in a dozen outings in Finland’s top flight.

He picked up eight yellow cards, but Morelos steered clear of any real trouble with referees over that period.

So Lehkosuo, who has led HJK to successive league titles, is at a loss to explain Morelos’ recently acquired, bad-boy reputation.

“When Alfredo first came to us, he was young, just 19 years old,” said Lehkosuo, speaking from the Finnish capital last night.

“He needed teaching about food, sleep, recovery training, gym work, and coaching with some training habits.

“But I don’t remember fights against opponents or referees.

“The climate, food, playing style, our training methods, and so on, were all really different to what he was used to.

“Alfredo was not used to training as much as we did, and wasn’t as tactically aware as we wanted at first.

“But the second year with us, he was much better.

“At all times, he did not struggle to take on advice or listen to instruction.

“I actually liked his attitude to learning, and I think he adjusted himself to our environment really quickly.

“He was just a young boy when he came to Finland, but we didn’t have many issues with him.

“He used to get very frustrated and lose his focus sometimes. That said, he didn’t have many cards in Finland from the match officials.

“So why is he having so many problems with referees right now?

“I’m afraid I don’t know enough about the referees in Scotland to answer that.”

Morelos and Lehkosuo were reunited at Ibrox last month, when the Finnish side came over for a friendly, arranged as part of the striker’s transfer deal.

Despite El Bufalo’s current problems, Lehkosuo can still see him moving on to an even bigger stage.

“Alfredo could play in England,” said the 49-year-old.

“It depends on what he wants to do, but he is ready.

“He can go to the very top of the game if he wants to.

“He has improved a lot in the two years since he moved to Rangers.

“Sometimes he can get frustrated, but that is the way he is.

“Sometimes he plays on the edge, but that’s what makes him him.

“Right now, however, my advice to Alfredo would be live today – don’t live the future.”

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/season-of-red-cards-for-Rangers-striker-alfredo-morelos-leaves-his-former-finnish-boss-at-a-loss/

16 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I really can’t see it but would love to have him for one more season after this. 

He has improved significantly this season. Probably in the £15M + bracket.  With increasing maturity and 2 or 3 signings in the summer to improve the team he will move up a level next season and be a £25M+ .  Then and only then will it be time for him to move on.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Clearly he can't read English very well still if he thinks the people of Scotland are friendly :lol:

Maybe in his home country there are bits of it where what goes on in Scotland passes for downright neighbourly in comparison.    I'm guessing of course.

I’ll be almost as sad when he leaves as I was when Jelavic and to an extent Cousin left

I hope he hits the heights that he deserves to in his career, I was always sad to see Jelavic struggling at teams like West Ham after seeing the unstoppable force he was at his best 

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Him missing an open net from 2 yards on debut may have something to do with it.

That’s a part of his game that he’s improved, which seems a very odd thing to say for a striker.  The first against Aberdeen was the case in point. I reckon he’d have missed that last season