Under 17's - Rangers FC v AS Roma - ALKASS Cup Final

SuperTav

27 minutes ago, hooooootchy said:

Had to watch the award ceremony back again. Murray Miller our no9 went up for an award before the 3rd placed team. Didn't tell you what it was for though. 

I knew I'd seen something lol, thought I was going mad 

Seen that as well wonder what the award was for ? 

Hes a cracking player as well. 

Kai Kennedy has been playing with the reserves this season. 

3 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Great achievement well done to them. However, I tend not to get carried away with this sort of stuff. I can mind scotland under 16s nearly winning a World Cup final, I can mind Rangers under 17s? Going to Barcelona in the 90s and winning a version of the European cup (only player I think that ever made it after was John Rankin). 

If you look at this list of names and then revisit it in 15 years then history would suggest that maybe only 2 or 3  would have even made a living out the game, let alone established themselves as first team regulars. 

There is something wrong in the psyche of young Scottish footballers. When ours reach 16-18 and get a first taste of glory they think they arrived and their destined for greatness. When foreigners get to that age they realise that’s when it is time to knuckle down, dedicate themselves to football and train and live 100% how they should. 

Ours might work hard 2 hours a day at training, but if you don’t have the right mindset the other 22 hours a day it’s a waste of time. 

In my experience the workers lack the natural talent and the ones with natural talent lack the work rate. You need a combination of both. The ones with te natural talent are the ones who are looked up to and they’re the ones that influence others to adopt their lazy ways  

Hope I’m proved wrong but I won’t be getting carried away. 

I don't think it lazy, just look at them most are skinny as fuck.

We don't generally have any well built 14/15 year olds, you see some from say Africa (yes I know large place) and you're like "fuck off is that cunt 15"

But even despite the size, if we play to the strengths, ball on the deck, keep it technical fast paced and not the usual bump it forward and hope for the best Scotland way, we might see some results.