Morelos Interview

soulboy

Asked if he was bad-tempered, he said: “A little bit yes...especially when I’m on the park.

“I think that everyone has their own opinion. A lot of people know about football, and a lot of people don't.

"People who don't know criticise.

“I’ve received red cards that I’ve not deserved and that’s why they’ve been appealed.

“But oh well, the federation here disagreed.

“Others such as my team-mates, other players and even managers make mistakes.

“If it’s time for me to improve temperament on the field, then the best thing for me is that I do so.”

He said: “Well, the offers are interesting.

“In the winter market nothing came up because the coach wanted me here, and I stayed with Rangers.

“The manager made me aware that he wants me here in the team.

“That’s why he was talking with a lot of confidence to the press, with the idea I was going to stay.

“But as I said we are waiting till the end of the season.

“I can’t confirm anything, but I am aware there are a lot of clubs interested.

“We will have to pray everything works out in the best way.”

Morelos also thanked Gerrard for helping take his game to a new level since his summer arrival at Ibrox.

Speaking to a Colombian radio station, Morelos said: “I am very happy to working with the coach and the trust that he has in me every day.

“I learn a lot one-to-one in training and when he comments about the games.

“I keep learning every day from him and I feel very happy.

“First of all, he is a great person. Secondly, he is a great coach.

“He has trusted me a lot and I think I have replied in the best way.

“I have to keep doing the same but it makes very proud to be next to this wonderful person, who was an amazing player.

“Thank God things are working out. As a striker, my skills are obvious.

“I scored four goals in a game this week and I am opening doors.”

5 minutes ago, chris182 said:

We'll make a fat wedge on him when he does go.

Its the model we have to adopt unfortunately

It was Jonathan Johansson that found him - he's now long gone. Morelos was a worthwhile gamble for the price we paid, JJs inside knowledge was a big factor. Strikers like Morelos are out there, but I'm not sure there is a "model" at the club to find them - eg Grezda, for example.

27 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Don't think he sees us as anything more than a means to move on from tbh

As long as he fires in the goals while he's here though I'm happy 

Unfortunately, due to the money ruining the game, this is where we find ourselves in the modern game. 

The young fella has my best wishes if and when he does move on, he's been outstanding for us and will earn us a decent wedge. 

23 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It was Jonathan Johansson that found him - he's now long gone. Morelos was a worthwhile gamble for the price we paid, JJs inside knowledge was a big factor. Strikers like Morelos are out there, but I'm not sure there is a "model" at the club to find them - eg Grezda, for example.

In terms of model I was more meaning the buy to sell market. He's the golden example at this point in time. Unless we can find another Boumsong on a free!

2 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Unfortunately, due to the money ruining the game, this is where we find ourselves in the modern game. 

The young fella has my best wishes if and when he does move on, he's been outstanding for us and will earn us a decent wedge. 

Wee bit more intensity from the team as a whole during games where we slacked off and he could be leaving with a league winners medal 

Buy low sell high always a good business model

19 minutes ago, North Antrim Loyal said:

If he moves in the summer I hope the club place a minimum transfer value of £20m on him. 

£20 million?  Chicken feed.  Keep him for another season, let him gain some maturity and consider a minimum of £30 million at the end of next.

11 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Due to the league he plays in, we will be very lucky with 10m.

Don't talk nonsense!! There's been players already moved for more than that and with that big Diddy moving in the summer for 20 Mil there's no doubt Morelos will go for something similar. 

7 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

£20 million?  Chicken feed.  Keep him for another season, let him gain some maturity and consider a minimum of £30 million at the end of next.

I doubt if we can hang on to him for another season much as I would like to I think financial considerations will take priority.

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Same here, as long as he keeps banging them in, he can go in the summer and we can make a huge profit.

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

Young guy who wants to play at the highest level and earn megabucks. He won't find that here unfortunately.