This will tell us a lot about the team

Thermopylae

1 hour ago, saintbob1969 said:

Lennon's idea of a team is different to Brendas. Also, while Brenda has won 7 competitions it was without any serious competition. Aberdeen are a joke

We were in the same league as them for the 7 trophies he won.

25 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The whole them not having had any pressure is a myth. We were chasing them last season got close, 2-1 up, get beat 3-2 despite them going to 10 men at 2-2. Been under pressure plenty of times this season and the only bottling has been done by us.

We’ve been above them this year as well albeit with a game in hand.  Closed the gap to only 3 points after beating them at at Ibrox.  They respond positively, we tend to bottle it.

Also, the first year Lennon took over I think we were about 10 points in front in the league.  Lennon’s team then went on a very long winning steak of about 15 league games to pull back the advantage.  I know many are saying they will collapse under pressure with Lennon in charge but they didn’t before.

24 minutes ago, TMB said:

We’ve been above them this year as well albeit with a game in hand.  Closed the gap to only 3 points after beating them at at Ibrox.  They respond positively, we tend to bottle it.

Also, the first year Lennon took over I think we were about 10 points in front in the league.  Lennon’s team then went on a very long winning steak of about 15 league games to pull back the advantage.  I know many are saying they will collapse under pressure with Lennon in charge but they didn’t before.

The main reference to them bottling it I think is to do with losing a semi final to Ross county 2-1 I think when Lennon took over from Mowbray and the famous Inverness 3-2 celtic that handed the title race back in our hands before we thrashed killie 5-1.   Other than that he did pretty well with his own team.  I think we could be watching something different when he’s managing another mans team

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

And anyway 8 points even if they do bottle a few big games means we still have to win a lot more consistently than we have done all season which I can’t see happening.

Agree with this but slightly surprised they've given the job to such a class-less horrible individual, shows how low their standards are. You never know, if they have a couple of bad results things could implode, especially with that cretinous,  monnow browed bastard at the helm. Here's hoping. 

29 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

And under Warburton we were a joke as well.

Why did you blame Aberdeen then? 

Like it or not he can only beat the teams put in front of him, they were a joke a lot of the times we won the league but still count it, can't have it both ways.

Hopefully they drop some points because of this. Either way I hope we find some good consistency and finish the season strongly, that is the main thing! 10 goals in the last two games hopefully bodes well. Also hoping we can score a barrel load against Dundee and cut the goal difference down.

6 hours ago, Smile said:

We are not consistent enough to win the league, they will also be fired up getting the bigot in.

Indeed.  Two 5-0s on the bounce and a potential banana skin tomorrow.  Hope any worries are unfounded and we make it another thumping win.  

After the euphoria of humping the scum and with the two supposed top signings in Defoe and Davis .... I really thought we were going for it this season.

But the inconsistency of the squad and the desperate failures leading to very valuable dropped points ... put a real damper on things.

But optimistic as ever ... and with the last couple of great results boosting moral ..... I will not throw in the towel until it is mathematically impossible.

I would love it to be this season ... but in all honesty I feel it would be a miracle .... next season is when we will see the squad .... boosted with a few incoming players and returning injured .... rise to the challenge ..... that will be when we lift league trophy 55.

:UK:

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

After the euphoria of humping the scum and with the two supposed top signings in Defoe and Davis .... I really thought we were going for it this season.

But the inconsistency of the squad and the desperate failures leading to very valuable dropped points ... put a real damper on things.

But optimistic as ever ... and with the last couple of great results boosting moral ..... I will not throw in the towel until it is mathematically impossible.

I would love it to be this season ... but in all honesty I feel it would be a miracle .... next season is when we will see the squad .... boosted with a few incoming players and returning injured .... rise to the challenge ..... that will be when we lift league trophy 55.

:UK:

I can see us closing the gap but just not close enough then talking for weeks on end at the stupid points we lost. That would be frustrating but I see it coming......

23 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Sadly I can't see them dropping sufficient points for us to succeed.   If we hadn't dropped 5 stupid points since the shut down then we could have had a great chance.  So frustrating.   

Fortunately they have the Jambo's first who probably hate lennon as much as we do and if the gap is back to 5 points by midnight tonight then it's game on :Fod:

20 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Why did you blame Aberdeen then? 

Like it or not he can only beat the teams put in front of him, they were a joke a lot of the times we won the league but still count it, can't have it both ways.

I mention Aberdeen because I hate them and because, for the longest period of time, they were the only "competition" they had. To spell it out, putting Rangers down to the bottom of the Scottish game, trying to destroy us, allowed them to build up such a financial superiority that it's a damn cheek imagining they have earned anything they've won since. The money is the main difference and we are up against a massive chasm between what they can afford and all the rest. Aberdeen should have given them a bigger challenge. Aberdeen always try harder against us. Aberdeen are a joke. 

2 hours ago, saintbob1969 said:

I mention Aberdeen because I hate them and because, for the longest period of time, they were the only "competition" they had. To spell it out, putting Rangers down to the bottom of the Scottish game, trying to destroy us, allowed them to build up such a financial superiority that it's a damn cheek imagining they have earned anything they've won since. The money is the main difference and we are up against a massive chasm between what they can afford and all the rest. Aberdeen should have given them a bigger challenge. Aberdeen always try harder against us. Aberdeen are a joke. 

Do I have to spell it out to you that we were back in the same league for the whole time Rodgers was here? If we are going to blame the financial chasm between us and the beggars then we should look at the financial chasm between us and Aberdeen. We should have given them a bigger challenge but we didn't. Blaming Aberdeen is laughable.

31 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Do I have to spell it out to you that we were back in the same league for the whole time Rodgers was here? If we are going to blame the financial chasm between us and the beggars then we should look at the financial chasm between us and Aberdeen. We should have given them a bigger challenge but we didn't. Blaming Aberdeen is laughable.

You just want to argue. 

I lump Rodgers in with celtic as all one and the same, mostly a financial chasm, not one of talent. Sure we should have given them a bigger challenge and it's taken too long to get close enough but in the meantime other teams in the SPFL who tried to kill us off did very little to amount to very much while we were fighting our way back. We are facing 'them' claiming one more league title more than they deserve and they didn't get them all while we were around to stop them. I never blamed Aberdeen and them and the remaining SPFL teams couldn't prevent what has happened but they are part of it. However every SPFL side that added to putting Rangers down the leagues, are to blame to some extent. 

2 hours ago, saintbob1969 said:

You just want to argue.

No, you have just made a cunt of it by blaming Aberdeen for not challenging Rodgers when we should be looking at our own club first.

Aberdeen were there closest rivals when we weren't there, granted, but when we arrived back they appointed Rodgers and he had won everything since. Do you remember what it is you are arguing about? 

I was at the game when I got the notification about this, it's a bizarre argument but each to their own.

They're no giving us a sniff, it's all very well saying we haven't pushed on since the Old Firm game but we've took 16 from 21 available points, we're never going to win every game, its a bit unrealistic at this moment in time to think we would but our points per game tally has jumped to 2.3 PPG since the winter break, before the break it was 1.9 (and we were joint top) the tims have just won 8 league games on the bounce, we can look at the odd bad result and be critical but as long as they're being perfect there's no much we can do atm