Season back on?

ElBufalo20

8 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Possible, but improbable m8.

They blew a 9 point lead going into the split before IIRC.  

But yeah,  probably too much too ask for.  Keep it close and put some pressure on and I'll be happy enough.

8 minutes ago, gogzy said:

They blew a 9 point lead going into the split before IIRC.  

But yeah,  probably too much too ask for.  Keep it close and put some pressure on and I'll be happy enough.

Dunno what would be more gutting losing the league by one point and looking back at all the stupid dropped points. 

Or losing it by the current margin.

I guess going into next season the former is the favoured but it would be a bitter pill to swallow.

They have 6 league games before the split including hearts away, and us and the sheep at home. Theres good opportunity for them to drop points. If we could get the points down to around 5 going into the split I'd fancy us, it'd mean we've taken something from the paedo dome and pressure would be fully on them. 

It's our own inconsistency that worries me though. On our day we're better than anyone in the league but we haven't been able to match their winning runs. The next couple games will be massive in how the season pans out. 

I’ve not ever felt the season is off. celtic have been dropping points throughout the season also and we have shown they are beatable. 

While I’m my opinion Rodgers leaving weakens them, it isn’t really about them. If we had not dropped so many silly points we’d be clear at the top. If we are able to cut out our inconsistent performances then we have a chance. 

Hearts are shit so I can't see anything but an away win sadly. Would be nice if they lost, but can't see it. A win will let TLB slip into BR's slippers & pipe. 

Best i think we can hope for is getting it down to 5 points after the next OF game and then you never know. That, and breaking their treble in the Cup.

3 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Hearts are shit so I can't see anything but an away win sadly. Would be nice if they lost, but can't see it. A win will let TLB slip into BR's slippers & pipe. 

Best i think we can hope for is getting it down to 5 points after the next OF game and then you never know. That, and breaking their treble in the Cup.

Hearts have been poor but they also have a habit of finding a performance against the taigs at home. 

Season isn’t over until it’s mathmatically impossible. especially this season where all teams have been taking points off each other. 

We have made up bigger gaps with fewer games and we have 6 points to play for against the league leaders.  

It’s doable in my opinion but we have to show the spirit of the Euro run and the hunger of the last two games. 

My head says no chance BUT...it's all small margins either way. If we had beaten St Johnstone like we should have and Brown hadn't got that very late winner against Killie then we would be at just 4 points behind NOW and that would be a MUCH more optimistic outlook.

I want to believe!

I think we’ll take 4 points from the old firm games and still end up trophy-less. Just don’t expect us to ever actually turn a corner and put a consistent run together. If our tempo and intensity drops even a bit we just don’t have the quality in midfield to find an answer on an off day. 

I still see a lot of parallels with Walters last rebuild. We’ll go about our business exactly as we did last summer. Adding quality where it’s needed most quickly and quietly. They’ll be scrambling for a new manager or lumped with Lennon while losing key players; and scrambling to put together a recruitment structure, or lumped with that clown Congerton. Every confidence we win it next season, but we’ve left ourselves with too much to do for now. As much as i’d love Lennon in control long term, i think he’ll manage to save them from the complete freefall we need in the short. 

As others have said, I'd love the believe that this is the year, but I think it's came just too late in the season. 

Dropping points against hearts and us winning may give our players the belief they need, and have then doubting their new manager, but we still need favours and to take points when they don't. 

This is football, and anything can happen, take it game at a time and see where we are at the split.