UB Protest Tonight

scottyc06

24 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Understand them being annoyed at the potential of a move definetley & can understand them being annoyed at the club's stance with all the sectarian stuff. 

But surely they can voice this in other ways and not during a match, especially this one, where we have the opportunity to put pressure on the taigs if they slip up after all their shite this week. 

Seems a very selfish move, kill the atmosphere in the stadium tonight & if we're struggling it makes it x10 harder.

100%

53 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Understand them being annoyed at the potential of a move definetley & can understand them being annoyed at the club's stance with all the sectarian stuff. 

But surely they can voice this in other ways and not during a match, especially this one, where we have the opportunity to put pressure on the taigs if they slip up after all their shite this week. 

Seems a very selfish move, kill the atmosphere in the stadium tonight & if we're struggling it makes it x10 harder.

If it wasn’t tonight, it would be another game. Every game is important till the end of the season so timing is never going to be perfect.

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

I’d give the UB the corner where away fans go, but encroach into the Broomloan too. Very visible for the cameras too.

Then I’d put away fans where UB currently are. This means we only need segregation on one side, give away support coloumns of seats depending on the size of their support and theyre also out the road of the cameras.

That's actually a really good shout mate.

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

I’d give the UB the corner where away fans go, but encroach into the Broomloan too. Very visible for the cameras too.

Then I’d put away fans where UB currently are. This means we only need segregation on one side, give away support coloumns of seats depending on the size of their support and theyre also out the road of the cameras.

That's pretty much what happened prior to the corners being filled in and for the first season or two after they were filled in. The turnstiles for BF1, BF2, BF3 etc. are all separate, so that helps aid segregation. 

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

That’s the way to go

1 minute ago, Smile said:

The statement tells you nothing at all of what their grievance is it only tells you the action they will be taking. 

I'm guessing they will not be getting their move as punishment for singing a song aimed at Clarke.?

That Clarke should just cheer up.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

The statement tells you nothing at all of what their grievance is it only tells you the action they will be taking. 

I'm guessing they will not be getting their move as punishment for singing a song aimed at Clarke.?

Harsh considering the gb get rewarded and are far more extreme with their behaviour  

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

The way it used to be. I assume they use the corner now because it's deemed a little safer because no home fans sit in a tier above it.

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The way it used to be. I assume they use the corner now because it's deemed a little safer because no home fans sit in a tier above it.

Easier for them to police outside as well I suppose! 

It would be 100 times better though! 

17 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, I remember but we must be able to come up with an engineering solution to protect the away fans below.

Maybe a mesh net that will stop all things like coins, etc (but not a Bovril cup full of pish) 😀😁

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

Yeah, I remember but we must be able to come up with an engineering solution to protect the away fans below.

Maybe a mesh net that will stop all things like coins, etc (but not a Bovril cup full of pish) 😀😁

It would have to be pish! Throw a bovril at Ibrox it would leave them like a melted wellie, fuckin roasting.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

The statement says they'll be giving a full statement tomorrow :thinking:

If you're right I hope they get our full backing in whatever the UBs want to do.

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

I'd love to see the UB's more visible to the cameras but I don't see Rangers having Rangers fans above the away support if you move them there .  They'd either have to have an empty section above them , or worse , give it to the away support . 

Edit . Just noticed you've addressed this further on 👍