Jack injured

KingKirk

He took a lot of hard knocks and after the  ball hits in the Aberdeen game, and a few really bad tackles were ignored by the ref so don't know if it would be something he's had for a while or just from the game itself.

This makes sense. Ryan Jack is too good a player to play like he did against Aberdeen. It's bad news for sure but someone else's suffering should be someone else's gain. Come to the table Ross McCrorie. You are capable of filling those shoes. 

Jack has been used in a more advanced role recently so talk of McCrorie stepping in doesn't make sense to me unless Kamara can play in a more advanced position, if not then I can't think of anyone else, we tried Candias there a couple of times earlier in the season but it didn't work, so for McCrorie to come in this will mean a change of formation .

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

He took a lot of hard knocks and after the  ball hits in the Aberdeen game, and a few really bad tackles were ignored by the ref so don't know if it would be something he's had for a while or just from the game itself.

I hope Jack is ok and it's not too serious, was his injury caused by Aberdeens pitch being torn up? I remember Gerrard complaining about their pitch.

38 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Jack has been used in a more advanced role recently so talk of McCrorie stepping in doesn't make sense to me unless Kamara can play in a more advanced position, if not then I can't think of anyone else, we tried Candias there a couple of times earlier in the season but it didn't work, so for McCrorie to come in this will mean a change of formation .

These are hard games coming up and I don't think he's experienced enough yet. Halliday proved he could rattle Edwards in the last 'tic game so we can hope that he's healthy in time. I think we're going to need that kind of steel in the tackle in mid-field. We'll still need Barisic's attacking ability at left back.
Young McCrorie could be useful as a sub.

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

Should be McCrorie's big chance to get an extended run. He's never really had that in favourable circumstances (in his favoured position with a decent management team behind him).

And in games against the likes of Hivs, sheep and scum which should play to his strengths.

He's a player SG refers to as one he can 'trust' so if its an injury that ends Jack's season then losing him is a blow.   The opportunity then presents itself to others in the squad to step in when one of them is selected, raise their game, and demonstrate that we can continue to win games.   There should be enough quality cover to deal with losing Jack through injury.

Losing Jack for some games / rest of season is not good, but I wonder if there is any good news about Dorrans maybe becoming fit enough for first team consideration.   Last I recall SG saying was Dorrans had suffered a setback in training.   

7 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

what the fuck are you on about? jack only plays the advanced role when mccrorie is in the team. its a clear swap for swap between the 2. the formation does not change one bit with jack out