Gerrard

Burts91

I still back him but he's limited in being able to change personnel when players in the final third are not delivering. Bar tonights goal, Candeias is hard working but rarely has a goal threat, Kent is becoming a bit of a sandancer for me with not a great deal of end product and Arfield doesn't contribute anywhere near enough the way Rogic or that fucking teuchter, buck toothed prick or Sinclair or nae neck, etc. has for them. 

Their defence has been shite this season too yet we concede far more than them, something needs addressed. 

I think he’ll be a successful manager and I’m glad he’s here, he clearly needs another transfer window or two but he’s on the right track.

However while a lot of things were not his fault tonight (missed chances, shite ref etc) the fact he didn’t make a change when before their goal we had players looking exhausted was a big factor in us dropping points tonight and it’s not the first time, he’s still learning but he really needs to start actually improving because a couple of pairs of fresh legs before the equaliser and I really think we would have at least seen the game out of not scored another.

5 minutes ago, Malvern said:

How long did Alex Ferguson have at Man Utd before that last cup match which was his last if he lost?

Not really sure if you are serious there, if so that's a ridiculous comparison - different times and situation. Ferguson had won titles and ECWC against Bayern and Real before Man Utd - Gerrard is still doing his coaching licences FFS.

Anyway, I'm out of this self hate fest - bring on Tuesday asap.

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

We were falling out the game and they were growing into it.

Gerrard made no attempt to change anything or make a sub in time to avoid what was inevitable.

Plenty of other things to look at and blame ahead of Gerrard but I don’t agree he takes no responsibility for it.

This. Sat and watched Hibs change their shape and start to grow into the match and only reacted when they scored. He's got to shoulder some of the blame.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I remember before the season started EVERYONE said we had to at least cut the gap and be under double digits. 

Seems the goal posts are being moved to accommodate Gerrard...

season's not over yet. we will finish within 10 points and I think we'll win the cup. We already reached the Europa group stage, so we're on track mate. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I remember before the season started EVERYONE said we had to at least cut the gap and be under double digits. 

Seems the goal posts are being moved to accommodate Gerrard...

Still is under double digits. 

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

We were falling out the game and they were growing into it.

Gerrard made no attempt to change anything or make a sub in time to avoid what was inevitable.

Plenty of other things to look at and blame ahead of Gerrard but I don’t agree he takes no responsibility for it.

Exactly. Their manager changed it at half time while we done fuck all. Not taking our chances and fannying about in the first half cost us. 

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Not really sure if you are serious there, if so that's a ridiculous comparison - different times and situation. Ferguson had won titles and ECWC against Bayern and Real before Man Utd - Gerrard is still doing his coaching licences FFS.

Gerrard is at a lower level so should be easier even with little managerial experience. SAF was still struggling initially when he started with Man Utd.

Questions need to be asked of SG 

we have squandered far far too many daft points this season 

I like him and I think he will become a good manager 

but as a rookie, that is not what we need at the moment 

unless he gets some serious backing in the summer he will be gone by Xmas imo 

I go back to Liverpool under klopps first season stupid silly dropped points cost them. We are 4/5quality players away from turning results like tonight into wins. 

Gerrard will be a year wiser he's watched the competition I expect a completely different Rangers under him next season

2 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I think he’ll be a successful manager and I’m glad he’s here, he clearly needs another transfer window or two but he’s on the right track.

However while a lot of things were not his fault tonight (missed chances, shite ref etc) the fact he didn’t make a change when before their goal we had players looking exhausted was a big factor in us dropping points tonight and it’s not the first time, he’s still learning but he really needs to start actually improving because a couple of pairs of fresh legs before the equaliser and I really think we would have at least seen the game out of not scored another.

i agree  the 3 midfield players ran out of steam 2nd half  he should have brought mcrorie and maybe davis on for the last 25 mins