Gerrard

Burts91

28 minutes ago, Vision said:

Sometimes he has to take the CL winning head off and realize he's managing players 3 or 4 levels below him.

This is a cliche often used with world class players who are perceived to struggle with managing, but what exactly do you mean here?

Agreed it’s not solely gerrards fault and he has improved us significantly in less than a year but we need to face facts in certain positions. Candeias although hard working could be improved upon. Tavernier for a fact isn’t the best defender but is good going forward. Still our main assists shouldn’t be from a right back. Also believe we need a stronger captain. Morelos can’t be expected to get all the goals. Need another goal threat. If we had 1 we’d win a lot of drawn games. This being said things are a helluva lot better than 12 months ago and believe the manager will get things correct after the next transfer window (provid3d he gets the funds and targets correct). On side note kamara looks a bargain and also believe the taigs have a bigger rebuilding job than us in the summer. NS

It's an odd situation. I think most bears would have agreed at the start of the season that getting 2nd would be progress. Well, that and being less than 10 points behind them. 

We're still in a strong position to get that, but it's really frustrating as the scum have been poor in spells this season, and had we not had so many stupid draws, we would be much closer to them....possibly top. Adding the European run into the mix, it's still been an ok season, but could and should be so much better. I think Gerrard has shown an improvement in targeting players, so hopefully he gets us the quality player we need in the summer. None of these squad type players. We need leaders and winners. Proven track records at the top.

4 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Only reason it’s more competitive is because the tims have been worse this Season compared to the last 2

they will spend a decent amount this summer and get a decent manager in 

we have to spend big I try and compete with them over a full season, if we Fuck it up this summer it will be 12,13,14 in a row we will hand them 

they don’t care about competing in Europe or Fuck all, they just want to dominate in Scotland because they know that as much as the scum fans will moan at their board ultimately they will be happy winning domestically and will still pay their giros to them 

huge summer coming up

no margin for error, it has to be perfect, or oblivion for us and the fans will vote with their feet 

Thats no true mate. It's more comoetitive because other teams have made it competitive.

Kilmarnock are better than they ever have been with a good manager and a well organised team. We used to go to Rugby park as a formality knowing it was an easy game.

Hibs and Hearts have strenghtened also and as usual Aberdeen is a cup final tie everytime we play them. Not to mention teams like Livingston being a hard away tie for any team this season, certainly at the start of the season. 

The fact the tarriers may get another manager in next year is a positive for us. Rodgers like it or lump it was an incredible manager for them and a new manager coming in will have to adapt to Scottish football potentially.

33 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I remember before the season started EVERYONE said we had to at least cut the gap and be under double digits. 

Seems the goal posts are being moved to accommodate Gerrard...

The difference this year are fine margins. We were miles behind last year because we were absolute pish. Off the top of my head I reckon theres about 10 points we should've had but for individual errors, sometimes collective errors, that have cost goals. Last year we were just getting fucked left, right and centre because the simple reason was we were pish.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

The fact is celtic are better at both mopping up some undeserved points, and sealing deserved points than we are.

Ultimately that is the difference between the teams.

We lack killer instinct and cutting edge. We have a good foundation but not enough match winning quality.

We dont have any winners in the side , we have a squad of journeymen who have won fuck all and dont know what its like to win. A strong captain would never have let the heads go down again like that........

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

It's an odd situation. I think most bears would have agreed at the start of the season that getting 2nd would be progress. Well, that and being less than 10 points behind them. 

We're still in a strong position to get that, but it's really frustrating as the scum have been poor in spells this season, and had we not had so many stupid draws, we would be much closer to them....possibly top. Adding the European run into the mix, it's still been an ok season, but could and should be so much better. 

That’s the frustrating bit for us all mate. We can all see that the taigs aren’t great at all and would be there for the taking if we could’ve turned a lot of draws into wins (something we were great at in the past). Saying that, regardless of tonight’s result we have made progress and they mhanky bastards are going back a bit. Never thought we’d win the league this year but the fact we had a chance is far fucking better than where we were last year. Keep the faith bears!!,!!,

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

We're still in a strong position to get that, but it's really frustrating as the scum have been poor in spells this season, and had we not had so many stupid draws, we would be much closer to them....possibly top. Adding the European run into the mix, it's still been an ok season, but could and should be so much better. 

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

The fact is celtic are better at both mopping up some undeserved points, and sealing deserved points than we are.

Ultimately that is the difference between the teams.

We lack killer instinct and cutting edge. We have a good foundation but not enough match winning quality.

Just need to look at there last 2 away games Killie and hearts won last kick of the ball

3 minutes ago, Kitey79 said:

Agreed it’s not solely gerrards fault and he has improved us significantly in less than a year but we need to face facts in certain positions. Candeias although hard working could be improved upon. Tavernier for a fact isn’t the best defender but is good going forward. Still our main assists shouldn’t be from a right back. Also believe we need a stronger captain. Morelos can’t be expected to get all the goals. Need another goal threat. If we had 1 we’d win a lot of drawn games. This being said things are a helluva lot better than 12 months ago and believe the manager will get things correct after the next transfer window (provid3d he gets the funds and targets correct). On side note kamara looks a bargain and also believe the taigs have a bigger rebuilding job than us in the summer. NS

Absolutely spot on and you're right that a proper title challenge needs funded properly and given our first half financials posted a profit for the first time in ages thanks to Gerrard getting us to the group stages of the Europa, we'll be in a better position to do that (with or without Morelos money). I think King and co will be pleased with what SG has achieved this season and will back him in the summer and I do think Gerrard is capable of signing the right players to do that. 

56 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

There has been a fair few games where Gerrard can take the blame but he is in no way responsible for tonight. The amount of chances we have had to kill teams off this season have been criminal. 

Honestly hope we keep Gerrard for the next 3 years. He is a born winner, you can’t change everything in one season. He has given us a Europa league group stage run, he has given us a victory over celtic. He is going to make mistakes in the same way that all managers do but he will honestly get it right given enough time. 

He has helped turn Morelos into a 15-20m pound player. It’s frustrating as fuck. But Gerrard needs the full backing from everyone and the board. 

Certain he will bring us a title in the next two and a bit years. 

Well said

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This is a cliche often used with world class players who are perceived to struggle with managing, but what exactly do you mean here?

For e.g subs, top class players your always going to get consistency at least 7-10

Our 1st eleven and subs there's not a lot of difference in quality, Lafferty, McCrorie Barasic, Katic, Defoe

Start any of the above and their just as likely to have a MOTM performance to who they may be replacing.

7 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We dont have any winners in the side , we have a squad of journeymen who have won fuck all and dont know what its like to win. A strong captain would never have let the heads go down again like that........

Silly argument this.

Where do you buy a team of winners who know what it's like to win? Can't be Scotland, as we know who the only cunts who've been winning anything are. 

22 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Bold-ish, perhaps, but we should be beating Aberdeen and I'm confident we will. Then it's a one-off game against celtic - who we shouldn't fear anymore after our last showing against them. Anything can happen for sure, but  we have a good chance to get to a final which we'd be favourites to win if we can do a job on celtic Don't let tonight kid you, we'll be up for the remaining games and I think we'll be close in the end. I'm raging tonight, but one thing I don't do is throw my toys out the pram like some. I also believe 100% in Gerrard, and the board by the way. I'm sure we'll strengthen significantly in the summer and next season will be different - keep the faith. 

Good post....... pretty much sums up my feelings tonight.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Silly argument this.

Where do you buy a team of winners who know what it's like to win? Can't be Scotland, as we know who the only cunts who've been winning anything are. 

Winners in mentality that play till the end , the heads go down to many times with this squad , thats why none of them have won anything.

We also need a real captain , someone who will ram it down their throats when the performance drops , we have had a few in the past many years ago.

48 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I go back to Liverpool under klopps first season stupid silly dropped points cost them. We are 4/5quality players away from turning results like tonight into wins. 

Gerrard will be a year wiser he's watched the competition I expect a completely different Rangers under him next season

Hopefully with a new team at his disposal . Minus at least 4 or 5 of the continuing losers in this one

3 minutes ago, Vision said:

For e.g subs, top class players your always going to get consistency at least 7-10

Our 1st eleven and subs there's not a lot of difference in quality, Lafferty, McCrorie Barasic, Katic, Defoe

Start any of the above and their just as likely to have a MOTM performance to who they may be replacing.

I sort of see what you're trying to say, but not sure I agree it has anything to do with Gerrard needing to realise the players he's managing are 3-4 levels below what he was.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Silly argument this.

What did the scum do when we were winning 9IAR? 

Am not saying go and spend millions before anyone asks. 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Hopefully with a new team at his disposal . Minus at least 4 or 5 of the continuing losers in this one

who are the "4 or 5 continuing losers"? not trying to argue but that was our strongest team out there and most of them have produced MOTM performances recently. 

10 minutes ago, Sket said:

The team is filled with shitebags. It's been said since the start of the season and at every po8nt they've let us down. 

Losers win fuck all. Imagine even clapping that shite off the park. How standards have fallen.

You’re bang on that standards have fallen but not just at our great club. For me tavernier is never a captain. Standards?! Years of following the bears tells me that we would’ve killed off a 2 bob outfit like the hivees in years gone by. Too many players spoken highly off because they’re an improvement on the shite we’ve had in the previous 5/6 seasons. Saying that I believe (and hope) that stevie G is the right man for the job and given the financial backing will get us above that lot next year at the very least! NS