Gerrard

Burts91

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I sort of see what you're trying to say, but not sure I agree it has anything to do with Gerrard needing to realise the players he's managing are 3-4 levels below what he was.

What I was trying to say was with top players their always likely to come good. 

Gerrard when it comes to making subs is probably thinking the same with these players. 

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Winners in mentality that play till the end , the heads go down to many times with this squad , thats why none of them have won anything.

We also need a real captain , someone who will ram it down their throats when the performance drops , we have had a few in the past many years ago.

First point I agree with, second I'm on the fence.

It would be great to have a Gough or similar, but it doesn't need to be the captain who is ramming it down throats when performances drop - it didn't stop a 21 year old Ferguson from doing it before he took over from Amo. McGregor does plenty of ranting - which seems to have next to fuck all effect.

First point I agree with, second I'm on the fence.

It would be great to have a Gough or similar, but it doesn't need to be the captain who is ramming it down throats when performances drop - it didn't stop a 21 year old Ferguson from doing it before he took over from Amo. McGregor does plenty of ranting - which seems to have next to fuck all effect.

Shinnie is the boy 👍

1 minute ago, Vision said:

What I was trying to say was with top players their always likely to come good. 

Gerrard when it comes to making subs is probably thinking the same with these players. 

I see your point. There's obviously a reluctance from him in making subs, although I think the reaction to him not making subs is also overplayed whenever we don't get the result we're looking for. 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Shinnie is the boy 👍

You're mental if you think that.

Such an average midfielder who has been a perennial loser time after time against Brown.

We need players a level above what we already have and you are suggesting we make our captain be a player who most of our fans probably think isn't even as good as who we already have never mind better.

Such an average midfielder who has been a perennial loser time after time against Brown.

We need players a level above what we already have and you are suggesting we make our captain be a player who most of our fans probably think isn't even as good as who we already have never mind better.

You watch him a lot playing against Brown ? Come back to me when you see him in a blue shirt , the guy would have made all the difference in that second half tonight.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You seem him play yet?

Think Gerrard needs a strong no2 who's seen it and done it in the Archie Knox mould as he needs help as McAlister is fucking useles.The two of them sitting back in the dug out not urging them on to win the game in the last 10mins is shocking.

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There were games similar last year though. Hearts and Hibs at home. Should seen 5 more points.

Partick away, Killie home(95th minute)..Leading at Killie .

Should have won at the dump in 0-0 game, Morelos pen at home to them. 

Last season our points total would have been higher if not for bad officiating, stupid mistakes as well.

Just about all the points we lost last year were because we deserved to. Changing the argument, when comparing last season to this, when going into the  old firm games last season everyone knew deep down we were in for a doing. This year you know there is a realistic chance we can win them. And that surely is a measure of progress. As an aside, if you don't think we are progressing what would you like to see happening? Sack Gerrard ? What then? Honest question.

I've watched plenty of their games yes. I get that many of our fans only watch our games but if we're not playing I'll watch other scottish games before I'd watch EPL matches or whatever.

Each to their own , personally i watch that shite when we play them and thats it........

1 hour ago, Burts91 said:

There has been a fair few games where Gerrard can take the blame but he is in no way responsible for tonight. The amount of chances we have had to kill teams off this season have been criminal. 

Honestly hope we keep Gerrard for the next 3 years. He is a born winner, you can’t change everything in one season. He has given us a Europa league group stage run, he has given us a victory over celtic. He is going to make mistakes in the same way that all managers do but he will honestly get it right given enough time. 

He has helped turn Morelos into a 15-20m pound player. It’s frustrating as fuck. But Gerrard needs the full backing from everyone and the board. 

Certain he will bring us a title in the next two and a bit years. 

Stevie G is the man. Give him the time and he will deliver what we all want.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Stevie G is the man.

Time will tell but we need to start winning things for him to be classed as “The man”. We come up empty handed throw seasons it’s been a failure regardless of how you look at it. 3 realistic trophies to win and we have 1 chance left, we have to take it otherwise it doesn’t look good.

Next season will be vital but we need some confidence going into it from what left of this one.

I think Gerrard will come good. He needed to do something about our defence and did, he has taken steps to address our lack of depth in midfield and attack. I think he will now look at how to improve the quality as some of the players we had and some that he brought in were stop gaps until he could find better and that takes time. He was lucky that Morelos was here and gave him a good option up front to focus the team on but he needed to have some depth there as well and he has done that. I expect that a few will get shifted on in the summer including some that Gerrard signed himself.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Time will tell but we need to start winning things for him to be classed as “The man”. We come up empty handed throw seasons it’s been a failure regardless of how you look at it. 3 realistic trophies to win and we have 1 chance left, we have to take it otherwise it doesn’t look good.

Next season will be vital but we need some confidence going into it from what left of this one.

So far he's only failed with the League cup. The title was never on and we are still in the Scottish. We don't have a financial advantage over celtic anymore so like it or not we are huge underdogs.

I agree that next season  is huge but we need to back him in the transfer market. And by that I don't mean bosmans from the sheep and Motherwell!

7 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

So far he's only failed with the League cup. The title was never on and we are still in the Scottish. We don't have a financial advantage over celtic anymore so like it or not we are huge underdogs.

I agree that next season  is huge but we need to back him in the transfer market. And by that I don't mean bosmans from the sheep and Motherwell!

Let’s be fair he has been backed heavily already thus far.

Grezda, Barasic, Goldson, Katic, Arfield, Davis, Defoe, Murphy, McGregor, Kamara, Worral. In fees and wages both loan and permanent that has cost us a fortune this season. Out-with the Tim’s we have blown everyone out the water

Imvestment isn’t an issue for me, we have had it and for me we haven’t done enough on the park when looking at said investment.