Gerrard

Burts91

29 minutes ago, kjw said:

Think Gerrard needs a strong no2 who's seen it and done it in the Archie Knox mould as he needs help as McAlister is fucking useles.The two of them sitting back in the dug out not urging them on to win the game in the last 10mins is shocking.

Spot on, we need someone to get points across to the players, gee them up from the touch line, someone who has authority rather than a nice guy who has a poor coaching managerial record.

Don't see any evidence at all that Gerrard is going to be a top manager.Yes we need to give him another couple of windows but for me the signs are not good,.The team is no better than previous years,the same mistakes repeated game after game and the same excuses and pleas for "reactions " trotted out after nearly every game.I hope I'm wrong but I really don't see it with Gerrard.

Gerrard should have shut up shop mid second half

Everyone could see we were struggling to score no matter how much possession we had, when we have a lead we should be protecting it, we’ve dropped points all season because the boss hasn’t learned these lessons.

Gerrard can absolutely be blamed for that tonight. He can be blamed for not making subs when Stevie Wonder can see we needed them.

It's the same every single fucking time. He isn't learning from his rookie mistakes.

He's new to management yeah, sure, but he's not new to football. He's played enough and watched enough to know when a game needs a bit of life brought into it or when to shore shit up a bit.

Not only that but the experience in his back team leaves absolutely fuck all room for excuses. It's the same shite all season against the same fucking teams.

34 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Gerrard should have shut up shop mid second half

Everyone could see we were struggling to score no matter how much possession we had, when we have a lead we should be protecting it, we’ve dropped points all season because the boss hasn’t learned these lessons.

We can't shut up shop because our defence is awful.

I'm not sure where I am with Steven Gerrard.  We have spent a considerable amount to back him although is he responsible for selecting the players we brought in? We brought in Goldson and Katic at a reputed cost of £3  million for Goldson???? and Katic for £2 million.   When they first started for us they looked  a good partnership.  We then brought in Worrall on a loan and the defensive wheels came off and have stayed off.  Barisic was signed (£1.5 Million) but seems to have some kind of "issue".  Grezda (£1.5 Million) was brought in but has been almost permanently injured.   I could go on but I'm already depressed.

being old enough to respect the circumstances of hoodoo, SG has to somehow overcome the fate of 99.9999% of former England captains who have failed miserably in management.

let's hope and pray he is the exception to the rule, if he has any sense at all he will quietly seek advice from Wattie, frankly GM and the tactics genius Beale appear to be very expensive passengers.

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

That's the thing mate .Is it ? 

We have never lost a game by over one goal this season and we know we are never getting thrashed like last few years 

Naw for me it's in the attacking areas and our reliance in Alfredo who is over hyped 

He is and some of our other attacking weapons are failing consistently .Especially in big games 

Our defence is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

11 hours ago, Burts91 said:

There has been a fair few games where Gerrard can take the blame but he is in no way responsible for tonight. The amount of chances we have had to kill teams off this season have been criminal. 

Honestly hope we keep Gerrard for the next 3 years. He is a born winner, you can’t change everything in one season. He has given us a Europa league group stage run, he has given us a victory over celtic. He is going to make mistakes in the same way that all managers do but he will honestly get it right given enough time. 

He has helped turn Morelos into a 15-20m pound player. It’s frustrating as fuck. But Gerrard needs the full backing from everyone and the board. 

Certain he will bring us a title in the next two and a bit years. 

The European run and his work with Morelos have paid his salary for at least the next three years.

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

That's the thing mate .Is it ? 

We have never lost a game by over one goal this season and we know we are never getting thrashed like last few years 

Naw for me it's in the attacking areas and our reliance in Alfredo who is over hyped 

He is and some of our other attacking weapons are failing consistently .Especially in big games 

When you dominate a game the way we did last night but only score once then the defence is definitely not the problem. We are still crying out for a good attacking midfielder. The amount of times we misplaced passes in the last third, chose the wrong option or never released the ball at the right time was our downfall last night. And its been our downfall in a lot of games weve dropped points in.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Our inability to convert our chances and take advantage when we are on top. How many games like last night were we should have been out of sight. 

as shanks said,  it’s a simple game score more than the opposition, after all we do have the new Pele leading our line according to some, he had a night off and the defense crumbled under sustained pressure, stevie wonder could see that.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Our inability to convert our chances and take advantage when we are on top. How many games like last night were we should have been out of sight. 

13pts dropped because we haven't been able to score the killer goal, kilmarnock was a disaster,  Morelos hits the post, I know it's all ifs and buts...A 2 goal lead inside 20mins would have won us the match...in the end we walked away with nothing....forget the loses to Livingston and the pikeys....the reality is if we could kill the 6 games we have led we would be 6pts clear....that's the harsh reality of it bud.

11 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I remember before the season started EVERYONE said we had to at least cut the gap and be under double digits. 

Seems the goal posts are being moved to accommodate Gerrard...

Can only judge that after 38 games...

14 minutes ago, backup said:

So what is the reason we could be later on 10 points adrift of the taigs after having the league in our own hands.

Not being clinical enough in crucial games, we could have easily scored several times in matches against Hibs and celtic, and yet we've only scored 3 goals in 5 games against the both of them this season.

We rely far too much on Morelos and hardly any goals come from elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

13pts dropped because we haven't been able to score the killer goal, kilmarnock was a disaster,  Morelos hits the post, I know it's all ifs and buts...A 2 goal lead inside 20mins would have won us the match...in the end we walked away with nothing....forget the loses to Livingston and the pikeys....the reality is if we could kill the 6 games we have led we would be 6pts clear....that's the harsh reality of it bud.

It is the cold hard truth. 

Our main issue is in the attacking areas. We are reliant on morelos for goals. We need more threats in the attacking areas that can consistently chip in.

Holy fuck, this is alarming what I have just noticed, everyone rightly bangs on about consistency....our best league run is 4 consecutive wins before dropping points, 3 consecutive wins again dropped points and 3 times we have won back to back games before slipping up...putting it into perspective...Motherwell recently won 6 on the bounce before losing to the tims, that is staggering that we have been unable to produce a couple of 6/7 straight wins this season, no doubt the European campaign played a part but from the middle of December we haven't had that distraction, it's a fucking head scratcher!!!